Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Missed this news earlier. Cubs already have a pitching rotation lined up against them:

Been hearing alot about how good Darvish has looked so far, wouldn't surprise me much if he opens up with Lester then Hendricks..

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Also, MLB released 2021 schedule today:

This is absurd

Also, MLB released 2021 schedule today:

Sad that I'm now looking forward to the 2021 season more then this one..
    I just wanna get the year 2020 over with

Theyre idiots if they don't get this done. The MLB is the first American sport back despite all of the mess. Formula 1 just saw a 16% viewership increase for the Austrian GP last weekend (which was the first of the year). The Cubs and Xfinity would be beyond stupid to miss out on those viewers.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Theyre idiots if they don't get this done. The MLB is the first American sport back despite all of the mess. Formula 1 just saw a 16% viewership increase for the Austrian GP last weekend (which was the first of the year). The Cubs and Xfinity would be beyond stupid to miss out on those viewers.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

I'm losing faith in this..
    They were 2 weeks away(before shutdown) from opening day in March with nothing agreed upon and they're now 2 weeks away again with nothing..

I get the wait to ink the deal during the shutdown but youd think they would of had some sort of an agreement made on a price if they were actually still talking since March or is Comcast just going to wait til the last day to agree in case of another shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I'm losing faith in this..
    They were 2 weeks away(before shutdown) from opening day in March with nothing agreed upon and they're now 2 weeks away again with nothing..

I get the wait to ink the deal during the shutdown but youd think they would of had some sort of an agreement made on a price if they were actually still talking since March or is Comcast just going to wait til the last day to agree in case of another shutdown
    There was no reason to negotiate during the shutdown. There was a very real chance there wasn't going to be a season. Why would you bend when you didn't need to yet?

This was always going to be a last minute deal, once there was a set date. If they get it done, it won't get done until zero hour. With the looming secondary shut down, they may pass right now. They're not going to play a ton, I don't think, with the way things are headed again.

The more I think about it, and the more it looks like it won't be a full, even a full-abbreviated season, a side may think they have extra time to drag out.

Translated Version of a Yu Darvish Twitter post discussing camp:

"Hello. Itís been about a week since the summer camp has started in the MLB. Since media reporters arenít allowed to enter the clubhouse, I decided to tell you guys whatís happening.

Tests

Every player, staff, and club member were required to take a test before the camp started. For the test to determine if you have the virus or not, we had to collect our saliva and wait 24-72 hours until the results came. For the antibody test, they took a little bit of blood and the results came back immediately. It was like a pregnancy test, where a line appears if you have the antibody. The saliva test was supposed to be done every other day, but for some reason there were 4 days in between the pre-camp test and the first test after that, so players were frustrated about that. Iíve talked about that on my youtube channel so take a look.

Practice

The whole team isnít allowed to practice together. We basically divide into two teams to reduce contact as much as possible. There are two bullpens, but now we only use one at a time, and everyone except for the pitcher and catcher are required to wear masks. All the used balls are collected in a box and canít be used after that. I donít know where those balls go after theyíre collected. The time we enter and leave the field is also set depending on the group. For me, I enter between 10:00-10:30 and leave by 14:00.

Clubhouse

We all have to wear masks in the clubhouse. Of course, we can take them off in the shower, but weíre not allowed to share shampoo/body soap bottles. It feels weird wearing a mask during training, but itís not as bad as you might think. Social distancing is also important. 6feet (~180cm). No high-fives or hand shakes, of course. I donít mind at all, but Americans are more physically close with each other, so it might be stressful for them. The Cubs have been cautious about this so Iím not worried, but once it starts spreading, itís going to be hard to control, so thatís the scary part. Our manager (David Ross) is also careful, and heís pretty strict about the mask rule.

Media coverage/ interviews

As I said, media reporters arenít allowed in the clubhouse. So all the interviews are done online via Zoom. This style seems comfortable for players even if we disregard the coronavirus situation, so it might be done this way even after the pandemic is over. For the media though, it could affect their job performance and Iím not sure if they would want to haha

Conclusion

Iím not really the one to evaluate, but Iíd say the way the Cubs are handling this situation is perfect so far. There were some players who didnít understand the situation well at first, but things are going well right now and thereís no problem. Thereís a little frustration among the players towards the MLB regarding the testing problem that Iíve explained above, but nobody has experienced this situation before, so I understand that itís hard to execute everything perfectly. However, the situation isnít good right now in the US, so I definitely want them to get a hold of themselves from here.

Thatís an easy explanation of whats happening right now. Thanks for reading."

Good to see that theyíre adhering to safety measures.

Also, Yu da man.

2020 Summer Camp Thread - Wrigley Field Edition

Giants C Buster Posey has elected to opt out of 2020 season. He just recently adopted a set of twins that were born prematurely

Easily the biggest name of the group
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 07-10-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Giants C Buster Posey has elected to opt out of 2020 season. He just recently adopted a set of twins that were born prematurely

Easily the biggest name of the group
    I'm still waiting for Trout to opt out. Right now, I would say David Price is right there with Buster as "biggest name" to opt out.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I'm still waiting for Trout to opt out. Right now, I would say David Price is right there with Buster as "biggest name" to opt out.
    Yeah depends on what a "big name" constitutes. But Posey and Price are probably around the same level of "older guys who make a lot of money who aren't that great" any more.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast