Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Lmao. Rooftop tix going for $250-350 for games at Wrigley. 2 games already sold out, btw

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I disagree. But that's ok. No?
    Sure. You can disagree, but I have no understanding of how you can believe that. The 4 man rotation has been dead for decades. Almost half a century, outside of the start of seasons for 2-3 weeks, when you have extra off days, and the playoffs, when you have extra off days. How, then, could you believe an MLB team would be capable of going to a 4 man rotation, with abbreviated camps, with even less off days?

Thaw, it's perfectly fine to disagree, but unless you have anything to support your opinion that teams could just go to a 4 man rotation in this situation, then it's simply digging your heels in. Everyone's allowed to have an opinion, but not all opinions are created equally. At this stage it seems as though you've coupled your car to this train and are just going to ride it right off the cliff. You're allowed to do it...but it's also pretty foolhardy. We're all wrong at times, but there's valor in accepting it. You're like, 99.9999999% on the wrong side here and your plan probably results in multiple stressed arms who are either injured or on the brink of it.

Cubs added IF Hernan Perez to player pool via Jordan Bastian

Pool now stands at 51 players

Also, new PECOTA projections came out via Bleacher Nation.

Cubs predicted to finish 2nd behind the Reds, with around 31-32 wins.

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/standings/

I disagree. But that's ok. No?
    There are people who disagree that the world is round. You can disagree with anything. It doesn't mean people have to take it seriously. Your stance is an outrageous one.

2020 Summer Camp Thread - Wrigley Field Edition

Looks like Kimbrel is working to add a changeup

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Cubs added IF Hernan Perez to player pool via Jordan Bastian

Pool now stands at 51 players
    I'm not saying it the reason he was added but it would be a good idea to add a couple speed guys with the extended roster for those extra inning games, where they start with a runner on 2B.

Also as far as the rotation goes, it definitely will be 5, there was talk that outside of the top starters later in the season, we may not see even see starters go 7 much..
    They were saying that hitters may not even see a SP more then twice in a game

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Sure. You can disagree, but I have no understanding of how you can believe that. The 4 man rotation has been dead for decades. Almost half a century, outside of the start of seasons for 2-3 weeks, when you have extra off days, and the playoffs, when you have extra off days. How, then, could you believe an MLB team would be capable of going to a 4 man rotation, with abbreviated camps, with even less off days?

Thaw, it's perfectly fine to disagree, but unless you have anything to support your opinion that teams could just go to a 4 man rotation in this situation, then it's simply digging your heels in. Everyone's allowed to have an opinion, but not all opinions are created equally. At this stage it seems as though you've coupled your car to this train and are just going to ride it right off the cliff. You're allowed to do it...but it's also pretty foolhardy. We're all wrong at times, but there's valor in accepting it. You're like, 99.9999999% on the wrong side here and your plan probably results in multiple stressed arms who are either injured or on the brink of it.
    I just happen to believe that these great conditioned athletes can pitch in a 4 man rotation and go deep in to the game......if allowed. Especially in a 60 games season.

I'm not a group thinker, and don't care to be one. Being in the majority doesn't mean it's right.

I just happen to believe that these great conditioned athletes can pitch in a 4 man rotation and go deep in to the game......if allowed. Especially in a 60 games season.

I'm not a group thinker, and don't care to be one. Being in the majority doesn't mean it's right.
    But what makes you think that? Now, this is not meant as disparaging, but I can guess you're not a professional level sports medicine doctor (because almost everyone on this website isn't. If you are, feel free to correct me, and I'll eat my words). So, unless you are, you're not an expert in the field. Sports teams have dedicated sports scientists and physicians, who are telling them what they can and cannot do (and they listen, as they invest heavily into these players). Players, as well, are seeing an increase of arm related injuries.

Thaw, this is not about being a "group thinker". I'm not advocating this. What I'm saying is this; no one in the sport, a sport that is easily the most data driven, thinks these guys can go every 4 days any more. No one. Literally, no team. No. One. How is it that, without any background (again, correct if I'm wrong) in dedicated sports, pitching medicine, you think that you know better?

Being in the majority doesn't make you "right". But there are some things that we have to realize that the majority can know without a doubt. I cannot jump off a cliff and fly. The world is round. The St. Louis Cardinals don't have the best fans in the world. There are also things that experts know infinitely more about me. I have no right to look at a chemist and think that I know better about combining chemicals.

The Chicago Cubs, as well as the other 29 MLB teams had sports, medical experts, who are literally, the best in their field, and they think these guys should go every 5 days. They're protecting the players from injury, which is on rise. This is not group think. This is pretty clear cut. I couldn't say more confidently here, that you are clearly on the wrong side of this thing. It's not a guarantee. But, I also don't think it's very far from that.

This is gobbledygook. Explain why no team in the league uses a 4 man rotation if your belief is true. You think it's because they just prefer throwing out a relatively poor starter every 5 games?

Maybe I'm wrong in your thinking here, but I think I get that your thinking is, if they can go 30 starts 250 plus innings normally, then 15 starts 100 innings should be easy for them.
    The difference is, they wont have many scheduled days off with cramming in 60 games in 66 days, so unless they treat starters like relievers and they limit them to 50 pitches a start, then ok, 3 days rest is feasible.
    But to ask them to throw 80 to 100 pitches with just 3 days rest, they'd be useless by their 3rd start

Just Heard Morrow got released

No surprise here:

Cubs have released P Brandon Morrow

Missed this news earlier. Cubs already have a pitching rotation lined up against them:

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast