Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

2020 Summer Camp Thread - Wrigley Field Edition

Here’s a newer thread for our Summer Camp/baseball discussion. Baseball is almost back (a HUGE almost)!

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Schedule leak..

Piggybacking off of this post:

Cubs full schedule has been leaked. https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...s-at-white-sox

Cubs open on 7/24 for 3 games at home against the Brewers, and the season finale series is against the White Sox 9/25-9/27

MLB says that 95% of the testing has been done and the delay came because of the Holiday and getting them to UTAH where the testing is done..

I get some of these players want to be careful and all but damn, they want testing done every two days and the results yesterday for standing outside for 3 hours and play baseball

I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of people who at risk everyday but has to actually work to put food on the table and cant afford or the time to get tested that would gladly switch places with them

Sorry, I'm just tired of these athletes from all sports constantly complaining, as most of them can afford to isolate themselves at home for months and could care less if they play or not..
    That is incredibly callus. Yes, they have lots of money, and yes, the quarantine will not hit them in the same way a loss of a profession, a shut down, or a recession may hit you or I, but let's also understand that MLB players have immunodeficiencies themselves, family members who are of older age, young children, recently pregenant wives, friends and other family members who also have immunodeficiencies.

Imagine if you had the money to sit out a year of work, but work said "it's time to come back". Wouldn't you want the situation to be as safe as humanly possible? Imagine you're Kris Bryant, who's wife recently had a baby. I'd want 100% to know I'm covid free, my coworkers were covid free, and that every player I shared a field, a baseball, and the likes, also...were covid free. I would not want to bring that home, and I would not want to catch it and get the lovely 14 day mandatory "sit in your room" outcome as the best possible outcome and I certainly wouldn't want the worst case scenario to play out on the other end.

I am shocked people want to blame humans for being careful. They are playing baseball. It's their job, but it only exists for our leisure (which we pay big money to watch people play). These are not essential workers. I don't care how much money they make, this isn't a "how much money" do they make thing. It's a "they don't want to get covid" thing. Which you, I, and everyone should be able to fully understand. I don't want it. I don't want my family or friends to get it. Some of whom are far more at risk than I. I don't want them to die. And I certainly don't want to be the one to spread it.

We can all have opinions on the political side of covid (not here, there's a whole forum for that stuff), but on the human side of this, I struggle to understand anyone getting on someone for wanting testing to be done, and to be as safe as they can be. No one is looking to catch covid and die. No one is seeking to catch covid and become the Thyphoid Mary of Covid. Safety for ourselves and our loved one is something that is on just about everyone's mind on a daily basis...covid-world or not.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-06-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That is incredibly callus. Yes, they have lots of money, and yes, the quarantine will not hit them in the same way a loss of a profession, a shut down, or a recession may hit you or I, but let's also understand that MLB players have immunodeficiencies themselves, family members who are of older age, young children, recently pregenant wives, friends and other family members who also have immunodeficiencies.

Imagine if you had the money to sit out a year of work, but work said "it's time to come back". Wouldn't you want the situation to be as safe as humanly possible? Imagine you're Kris Bryant, who's wife recently had a baby. I'd want 100% to know I'm covid free, my coworkers were covid free, and that every player I shared a field, a baseball, and the likes, also...were covid free. I would not want to bring that home, and I would not want to catch it and get the lovely 14 day mandatory "sit in your room" outcome as the best possible outcome and I certainly wouldn't want the worst case scenario to play out on the other end.

I am shocked people want to blame humans for being careful. They are playing baseball. It's their job, but it only exists for our leisure (which we pay big money to watch people play). These are not essential workers. I don't care how much money they make, this isn't a "how much money" do they make thing. It's a "they don't want to get covid" thing. Which you, I, and everyone should be able to fully understand. I don't want it. I don't want my family or friends to get it. Some of whom are far more at risk than I. I don't want them to die. And I certainly don't want to be the one to spread it.

We can all have opinions on it, but I struggle to understand anyone getting on someone for wanting testing to be done, and to be as safe as they can be.
    I'm not saying they shouldn't get tested, I'm saying I'm tired of hearing them complaining about it and not getting results fast enough the last couple days.
    They got tested last week and 95% of the results have come back, but most are already complaining about not getting tested every other day and getting results immediately

Give it a chance, it only been a week

We can all have opinions on the political side of covid (not here, there's a whole forum for that stuff), but on the human side of this, I struggle to understand anyone getting on someone for wanting testing to be done, and to be as safe as they can be. No one is looking to catch covid and die. No one is seeking to catch covid and become the Thyphoid Mary of Covid. Safety for ourselves and our loved one is something that is on just about everyone's mind on a daily basis...covid-world or not.
    Yep. Not only all of that but how the hell are the players the bad guys here? The owners promised testing every other day and quick results as a condition of bringing the game back. The owners are not living up to their promise while the players are the only ones exposing themselves and their families to the risk by playing. If anyone is in the wrong it’s the people who aren’t delivering on their agreed testing plan.

Cubs got a break with the schedule as they play 14 of the 20 games against Cardinals and Brewers at home 7/3

I'm not saying they shouldn't get tested, I'm saying I'm tired of hearing them complaining about it and not getting results fast enough the last couple days.
    They got tested last week and 95% of the results have come back, but most are already complaining about not getting tested every other day and getting results immediately

Well. They agreed to be tested every other day as part of the safety protocols.

If the safety protocols aren’t being followed, not to mention having multiple-day delayed results, why complain about the players complaining? They’re the ones at risk here. They should be concerned
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 07-06-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Yep. Not only all of that but how the hell are the players the bad guys here? The owners promised testing every other day and quick results as a condition of bringing the game back. The owners are not living up to their promise while the players are the only ones exposing themselves and their families to the risk by playing. If anyone is in the wrong it’s the people who aren’t delivering on their agreed testing plan.
    I didn't say they were bad guys, just tired of all the complaining about it after 1 week.

Yea they were promised testing every other day, but that was after the first initial results came in.
    They got 95% of the results back, there was a hold up with the rest because of the holiday and getting them to UTAH

Give it a chance to process out before you start complaining about it

So, instead of complaining, they should just let the league break the negotiated and agreed upon guidelines? Makes sense. When are they allowed to complain about the agreement being broken? Two weeks? Three weeks? Four? When someone dies? I mean, seriously, when are they allowed to say "Hey, you promised you'd give us this much safety, but you're not providing it"?

But you're right, they have a few million in their bank accounts than we do, so they can just suck it up. They have money, so their safety concerns don't really count.

Bunch of babies. Worrying about things like their personal health and the health of their friends and families.

So, instead of complaining, they should just let the league break the negotiated and agreed upon guidelines? Makes sense. When are they allowed to complain about the agreement being broken? Two weeks? Three weeks? Four? When someone dies? I mean, seriously, when are they allowed to say "Hey, you promised you'd give us this much safety, but you're not providing it"?

But you're right, they have a few million in their bank accounts than we do, so they can just suck it up. They have money, so their safety concerns don't really count.

Bunch of babies. Worrying about things like their personal health and the health of their friends and families.
    There were delays in getting the test and results over the weekend because of the Holiday, nobody broke any agreed guidelines

They have choices, wear a mask or like some teams did, don't hold a practice until the results come back and back on track..

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...-a-recurrence/

Later on Monday, MLB issued a statement in response to the testing difficulties:

"As of today, more than 95% of the tests under the Intake Screening period have been conducted, analyzed and shared with all 30 Clubs. All of the individuals among the 95% have now moved on to the phase that will test them every other day. The remaining number of outstanding tests are expected to be completed today.
    "Our plan required extensive delivery and shipping services, including proactive special accommodations to account for the holiday weekend. The vast majority of those deliveries occurred without incident and allowed the protocols to function as planned. Unfortunately, several situations included unforeseen delays. We have addressed the delays caused by the holiday weekend and do not expect a recurrence. We commend the affected Clubs that responded properly by canceling workouts.
    Last edited by chibears55; 07-06-2020 at 06:58 PM.

I didn't say they were bad guys, just tired of all the complaining about it after 1 week.

Yea they were promised testing every other day, but that was after the first initial results came in.
    They got 95% of the results back, there was a hold up with the rest because of the holiday and getting them to UTAH

Give it a chance to process out before you start complaining about it
    Sure you did. You whined about the players and comped them to essential workers who would “switch places” as if that means anything.

The players aren’t essential workers. They are baseball players. The owners guaranteed a testing plan to help ensure the players safety. The owners are failing to deliver the promised plan. Some players are justifiably concerned about that. If that annoys you, then you are wrong.

The players are the ones out there, not the owners. The owners are responsible for living up to the terms they proposed. If they are failing the players should draw attention to it, and if it isn’t fixed quickly the players shouldn’t continue to play.
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-06-2020 at 07:00 PM.

No fans in the stands. 60 game illegitimate ridiculous farce of a season. Nonstop travel across the nation for two months on next to no off days. Virus is spreading like wildfire all over the map more then it ever has in 2020. More players will choose not to play at the risk of exposing it to their family, while others will be forced into isolation by getting pulled from the roster. MLB team workouts already getting cancelled cause of a lack of test results. 10 combined teams currently sitting in the 4 hot spots in the country. A strong reality they would have to hit the pause button even if they started up. Return in early March for Spring Training. A good chance of a vaccine and virus having lost it's potency by then. Baseball can wait for another eight months. It's not essential. Health is.

There were delays in getting the test and results over the weekend because of the Holiday, nobody broke any agreed guidelines

They have choices, wear a mask or like some teams did, don't hold a practice until the results come back and back on track..

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...-a-recurrence/

Later on Monday, MLB issued a statement in response to the testing difficulties:

"As of today, more than 95% of the tests under the Intake Screening period have been conducted, analyzed and shared with all 30 Clubs. All of the individuals among the 95% have now moved on to the phase that will test them every other day. The remaining number of outstanding tests are expected to be completed today.
    "Our plan required extensive delivery and shipping services, including proactive special accommodations to account for the holiday weekend. The vast majority of those deliveries occurred without incident and allowed the protocols to function as planned. Unfortunately, several situations included unforeseen delays. We have addressed the delays caused by the holiday weekend and do not expect a recurrence. We commend the affected Clubs that responded properly by canceling workouts.
    "Unforseen delays"? During...July...4th? The one...holiday...that's literally named after...the day it's on....was...unforseen? Are you really defending the MLB's inability to understand that...there would be...delays...during...July 4th? A federal holiday?

It wasn't like all of the tests were on a truck and the truck blew up. That's unforseen. It's July 4th. It's like going to the grocery store on Thanksgiving and coming home without a turkey because "of unforseen circumstances". They didn't need to be clarvoiant. If they can't "foresee" slowdows during a Federal Holiday then they're not fit to be running this league and their protocols they put in are awful. And as a player, if the owners couldn't foresee a slowdown on testing during July 4th, then they should be worried about their ability to continue to deliver on promises. It's been one week and the league has already has issues with it. I assure you, when my place of work opens back up in fall, if they're not delivering on safety protocols in the first week, they'll hear from me and my coworkers. I don't give a damn what holiday they couldn't open their calendars up to when they were implementing that safety. Their inability to plan is not my fault. It's theirs.

But again, why can't the players worry about their ****ing health? Why are they "complaining" and why are you tired of hearing about human beings who just want to be healthy? Their pay is not a defense. Everyone deserves the right to worry about their own health without anyone getting on their case for doing so.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-06-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince70 View Post
    No fans in the stands. 60 game illegitimate ridiculous farce of a season. Nonstop travel across the nation for two months on next to no off days. Virus is spreading like wildfire all over the map more then it ever has in 2020. More players will choose not to play at the risk of exposing it to their family, while others will be forced into isolation by getting pulled from the roster. MLB team workouts already getting cancelled cause of a lack of test results. 10 combined teams currently sitting in the 4 hot spots in the country. A strong reality they would have to hit the pause button even if they started up. Return in early March for Spring Training. A good chance of a vaccine and virus having lost it's potency by then. Baseball can wait for another eight months. It's not essential. Health is.
    This is a good post.

Cubs 3 camp games will be July 19 home against the Sox, July 20 Away Sox, and July 22 Home against the Twins, all night games.

We were told that a Marquee and Comcast deal would happen before they play these games by Kenney, well they have just over a week to get it done

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast