Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Holy ****, I hope he pushed for like 50M/season and a ton of guarantees, because if not he's gonna regret not setting the market again in 4 years. I never thought we'd see a 10 year deal in today's NFL.
    oh I think he'll be OK....a guy can live fairly well on $40mil/yr....and if that's not still true in 5 years, the rest of us might as well file for welfare right now
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Dak probably never intended to sign longterm until Mahomes deal was done. But itís more fun for people to say Jerry messed up.
    It's ALWAYS more fun to say Jerry messed up

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    oh I think he'll be OK....a guy can live fairly well on $40mil/yr....and if that's not still true in 5 years, the rest of us might as well file for welfare right now
    I didn't say he wouldn't have a luxurious life, but he's potential leaving 50M+ of career earnings on the table by taking a 10 year deal and missing out on resetting the 2025 market.

[Rosenthal] The Bears avoided having to pay 1/2 a billion dollars by drafting Mitchell Trubisky
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I didn't even know you could sign deals for that long in the NFL.

One word STOOPID. Whatís gonna happen if he declines in the next 3-5yrs? Is he guaranteed all the money if he were to ask for his release? No one knows whatís gonna happen between now and 10 yrs from know. If you ask me the Chiefs should have waited and offered him 5 yrs now wait to see how he still plays and then only then if heís still the same player offer him the other 5 yrs.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

we haven't seen the contract...there may be outs for both sides that make this both palatable for the team and flexible for mahomes...while also locking him in as a chief for as long as they want him.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    One word STOOPID. Whatís gonna happen if he declines in the next 3-5yrs? Is he guaranteed all the money if he were to ask for his release? No one knows whatís gonna happen between now and 10 yrs from know. If you ask me the Chiefs should have waited and offered him 5 yrs now wait to see how he still plays and then only then if heís still the same player offer him the other 5 yrs.
    He's 24 right now. I wouldn't worry about it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    He's 24 right now. I wouldn't worry about it one bit.
    True but I just think KC should have waited a bit.

Vince to Gronk

We are getting closer and closer to the first billion dollar contract. Pretty soon a player will be able to retire after his contract expires and buy his own sports franchise in the same week.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    True but I just think KC should have waited a bit.
    I disagree... MVP and SB winning QB. What else is there to see? Waiting longer only makes the price go up.

Yeah, can't build a 12-year contract without those "guarantee mechanisms". I suspect they're like delayed signing bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I didn't say he wouldn't have a luxurious life, but he's potential leaving 50M+ of career earnings on the table by taking a 10 year deal and missing out on resetting the 2025 market.
    Still depends on how much he will get up front and how much of that he invests.

watson and the baltimore dude better send mahomes a thank you asap... those 2 wont last nearly as long as mahomes and they gonna get bank... i feel like the cowboys are now def ****ed.

the downside if you are a chiefs fan.... this is basically AROD 2.0.... mahomes didnt get his contract as late as rodgers did so that could be different but the chiefs gonna have to put trash around him now

wait my bad... its just the packers who refuse to spend

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    watson and the baltimore dude better send mahomes a thank you asap... those 2 wont last nearly as long as mahomes and they gonna get bank... i feel like the cowboys are now def ****ed.

the downside if you are a chiefs fan.... this is basically AROD 2.0.... mahomes didnt get his contract as late as rodgers did so that could be different but the chiefs gonna have to put trash around him now

wait my bad... its just the packers who refuse to spend
    That Baltimore dude

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast