Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,294
    One more year of him being cheap and then his contract goes up significantly before going up even more.

    Thank God. Mahomes is damn good so it will still suck playing against him, but now he's at least going to take up his fair share of the cap space. The Chiefs won't be able to overload like they have been doing.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    One more year of him being cheap and then his contract goes up significantly before going up even more.

    Thank God. Mahomes is damn good so it will still suck playing against him, but now he's at least going to take up his fair share of the cap space. The Chiefs won't be able to overload like they have been doing.
    That's why hate him or love him Brady was the man and we will never see anything else like it

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    That's why hate him or love him Brady was the man and we will never see anything else like it

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Where the star QBs wife makes more than him? Yeah, probably wonít see it again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Where the star QBs wife makes more than him? Yeah, probably wonít see it again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was doing it before her

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    That's why hate him or love him Brady was the man and we will never see anything else like it

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Meh. His wife makes more.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,494
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Meh. His wife makes more.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    that's why I don't give much credit to Tommy Boy for that....he was never going to make Giselle money, so may as well give the team more cap flexibility and not push to be top dog in salary
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,494
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    One more year of him being cheap and then his contract goes up significantly before going up even more.

    Thank God. Mahomes is damn good so it will still suck playing against him, but now he's at least going to take up his fair share of the cap space. The Chiefs won't be able to overload like they have been doing.
    probably true, however has the breakdown of his contract come out? It may scale up the first few years with opt outs and not take quite the cap space we think..........but still vastly more than it has been

    although would his signing bonus start effecting the cap now or not until the new contract kicks in?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,294
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    probably true, however has the breakdown of his contract come out? It may scale up the first few years with opt outs and not take quite the cap space we think..........but still vastly more than it has been

    although would his signing bonus start effecting the cap now or not until the new contract kicks in?
    This year he only makes $5M but next year it shoots up to $25M (Still cheap for him but 5x the salary he's been playing on for the last 3 years). His cap hit goes up to $31M in 2022 and then after that it's 40+ every year.

    So while I realize how good he is, I also realize that the Chiefs have been able to capitalize on an extremely talented player that was severely underpaid.

    It's like the Rodgers effect. Rodgers got paid and then the team had to rely heavily on the draft. But Rodgers is so good that nearly every year the Packers were drafting towards the end of the round. It's hard to draft consistently there and you're going to have some really average to bad drafts.

    The Chiefs have already been in cap trouble and are struggling to sign one of the best defensive lineman in the game. With the signing of Mahomes, most people that follow the Chiefs feel that they won't sign Chris Jones now. And their decisions on keeping talent are just going to get harder and harder.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,139
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    although would his signing bonus start effecting the cap now or not until the new contract kicks in?
    Both.

    On the one hand an NFL player can only ever have one contract, so while this is a 10-year extension to the 2 remaining years of Mahomes' rookie contract, he really is on a new 12-year contract now and will receive the signing bonus immediately.

    On the other hand, signing bonuses are pro-rated up to 5 years, meaning for cap purposes 20% of his signing bonus is assigned to each of the 5 next cap years.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,139
    According to the usual cap sites, the new contract only has a $10M signing bonus, and Mahomes would earn the following over the next 3 years:

    2020: $10,825,000
    2021: $22,806,905 ($33,631,905)
    2022: $29,450,000 ($63,081,905)

    Yeah... so much for investing $100 million. He won't reach that until year 4.

    So after seeing the numbers I have to agree with manbearchef; Mahomes probably sold himself short. Unless he misses significant time due to injuries, he will probably way outperform that contract.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,294
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    According to the usual cap sites, the new contract only has a $10M signing bonus, and Mahomes would earn the following over the next 3 years:

    2020: $10,825,000
    2021: $22,806,905 ($33,631,905)
    2022: $29,450,000 ($63,081,905)

    Yeah... so much for investing $100 million. He won't reach that until year 4.

    So after seeing the numbers I have to agree with manbearchef; Mahomes probably sold himself short. Unless he misses significant time due to injuries, he will probably way outperform that contract.
    Spotrac was showing different numbers for his cap hit.

    But I read that his bonus's past the 5 years are like an option that the Chiefs have to pick up before the year starts or else they have to release him. I'll see if I can find the tweet.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,139
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Spotrac was showing different numbers for his cap hit.

    But I read that his bonus's past the 5 years are like an option that the Chiefs have to pick up before the year starts or else they have to release him. I'll see if I can find the tweet.
    The numbers are from spotrac. They aren't the cap hits, but what he actually gets paid.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,154
    .

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,945
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Spotrac was showing different numbers for his cap hit.

    But I read that his bonus's past the 5 years are like an option that the Chiefs have to pick up before the year starts or else they have to release him. I'll see if I can find the tweet.
    I think thatís due to CBA rules allowing guarantees in only 5 seasons.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,294
    Here's the tweet that gives a bit more detail

    https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...901901312?s=19

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •