Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hmmmm. Interesting, but we have been here before.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Hmmmm. Interesting, but we have been here before.
    Yea, I won't hold my breath until the ink is dry. To often in the past the Raiders have been used by players to get a better deal from other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Trade mariota for a 6th rounder. That will create a lot of cap room. Then we get someone that we will actually play and make a difference.
    It's never too soon to rework a contract, but otherwise I don't see Mariota going anywhere. He's the mobile QB that Gruden has his nightly emissions over. He's also the reason why Carr, barring a Super Bowl appearance, will likely be playing in a different jersey next season.

I don't think any contracts should be reworked. I say let him find some other poor unsuspecting team to sign him.
    Last edited by erickench; 07-11-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I don't think any contracts should be reworked. I say let him find some other poor unsuspecting team to sign him.
    I'm with you there. If they make a reasonable offer for him and accepts, cool. But don't break the bank for him. I don't see him as the once-in-a-generation player that he bills himself as.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    well... Clowney posted an image of a Raiders helmet then took it down from his twitter acct... apparently.

https://twitter.com/REmpire8/status/1281632079323656197
    Kind of like Chad Johnson making a comeback as a Raider, only thing is no one on the Raiders knows about it.

Itís all just bs...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Umm if we can pull Clowney in...DO IT! This would make our front 7 into a feared defensive front. C'mon we have to get after KC in this division.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

I definitely like adding a possible elite talent without having to give up draft picks. Now... canít say Iíve completely paid attention to clowneys performance on the field. And obviously, staying on the field has been an issue. But, he has elite potential.

I also think that if mayock can continue to draft well, then moves like this are bonus. We can add great players, while filling the roster with solid late round picks for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Yea, I won't hold my breath until the ink is dry. To often in the past the Raiders have been used by players to get a better deal from other teams.
    Too true.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Not sure trading Mariotta is a good idea. Who will be the BU? If Carr goes down, he would make more of an impact than Clowney. I would call it an insurance policy. Hey maybe we get both.
    Heís not a good qb. He had one good year. Only numbers wise. But then he threw more ints than tds. The most yards he has thrown for is 3400. Heís never healthy. Never started a full season. Weíre paying 7.5 mil to a guy who should be a journeyman as our backup. While the pats sign cam to be the starter and he has a base salary of 500k for a guy who was mvp of the league and went to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    It's never too soon to rework a contract, but otherwise I don't see Mariota going anywhere. He's the mobile QB that Gruden has his nightly emissions over. He's also the reason why Carr, barring a Super Bowl appearance, will likely be playing in a different jersey next season.
    Why? Mariota was so awesome that Carr threw for more tds and yards this past year than mariota threw in the last two. He even had a year he threw for more ints than tds. And that was a year he played over 13 games.

Mariota got beaten out by a guy who is inaccurate passer that hands the ball off every down. If we wanted to have a good backup, how about someone that was actually good. Like cam, he was an nfl mvp and went to the Super Bowl. If we get an injury prone qb, why not a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I definitely like adding a possible elite talent without having to give up draft picks. Now... canít say Iíve completely paid attention to clowneys performance on the field. And obviously, staying on the field has been an issue. But, he has elite potential.

I also think that if mayock can continue to draft well, then moves like this are bonus. We can add great players, while filling the roster with solid late round picks for cheap.
    Plays good against the run. Sets the edge really good. Doesnít have that many sacks. But is top two in the nfl in qb pressures.

Plays good against the run. Sets the edge really good. Doesnít have that many sacks. But is top two in the nfl in qb pressures.
    That's a plus right there. Pressure can force the QB to throw the ball before they want to and force an inaccurate pass or a interception even.

Why? Mariota was so awesome that Carr threw for more tds and yards this past year than mariota threw in the last two. He even had a year he threw for more ints than tds. And that was a year he played over 13 games.

Mariota got beaten out by a guy who is inaccurate passer that hands the ball off every down. If we wanted to have a good backup, how about someone that was actually good. Like cam, he was an nfl mvp and went to the Super Bowl. If we get an injury prone qb, why not a good one.
    You're missing the bigger picture. If the Raiders finish with anything less than a winning season, they're going to cut bait with Carr and either pick up a franchise QB in the draft, or pay Mariota less for the same mediocrity.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast