Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I figured something like this would happen. It's kind of the Raiders thing. One minute they seem to be building the team the right way, the responsible way, but an unsigned FA diamond flashes in the distance and the team is off chasing it, ruining cap, mortgaging the future, calling into question the hypocrisy of previous decisions, and just generally trying to siphon blood from a beet. I still think we're more than a Clowney signing away from being a perennial competitor. I want long-term success. One more draft should do it, assuming Carr or Mariota don't come up mediocre.
    Itís probably a one year deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Itís probably a one year deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hope not. No point in bringing in a one year rental unless you're bound for a deep playoff run, or you intend to figure out a way to keep him happy long-term. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

I figured something like this would happen. It's kind of the Raiders thing. One minute they seem to be building the team the right way, the responsible way, but an unsigned FA diamond flashes in the distance and the team is off chasing it, ruining cap, mortgaging the future, calling into question the hypocrisy of previous decisions, and just generally trying to siphon blood from a beet. I still think we're more than a Clowney signing away from being a perennial competitor. I want long-term success. One more draft should do it, assuming Carr or Mariota don't come up mediocre.
    I think we're a playoff team right now. If we make the playoffs, Clowney could make a big play, and launch us in the next round. Using him would make it difficult to double Crosby. Entertaining thought.

If he can be had, I would like to have him on the team. If not, no big loss. I do think we are closer than some think to making some post season noise.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Clowney will come way cheaper at least for 1 season than Macks deal. I'm all for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Clowney will come way cheaper at least for 1 season than Macks deal. I'm all for doing this.
    Not that I was comparing Mack and Clowney, because I wasn't ... but now that you mention it, remind me again, which one of the two is the injury prone one?

Whatever we sign Clowney for, it won't be cheap. I'm just hoping that he stays upright long enough to earn his keep, should he choose the Silver and Black.

I don't think he's worth the money he's asking for. We have a pretty good DE rotation in Ferrell, Crosby, Nassib, and Key.

Not that I was comparing Mack and Clowney, because I wasn't ... but now that you mention it, remind me again, which one of the two is the injury prone one?

Whatever we sign Clowney for, it won't be cheap. I'm just hoping that he stays upright long enough to earn his keep, should he choose the Silver and Black.
    On the cost side, trading Mack got us picks and cap space. Signing clowney would only cost cap space. Drafting successfully- especially in the later rounds- is a great way to build a cheap roster that allows us to sign FAs at larger contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    On the cost side, trading Mack got us picks and cap space. Signing clowney would only cost cap space. Drafting successfully- especially in the later rounds- is a great way to build a cheap roster that allows us to sign FAs at larger contracts.
    Again, I'm not debating cost/benefit of Mack's trade. This has nothing to do with him. Sure, the team got what it needed, but it's too soon to know if any of that means more checks in the win the column. So far, we only have two losing seasons to show for it. The improvements that we're hoping for just hasn't happened yet...as expected.

I'm also saying that Clowney's value isn't what he thinks it is, which is why teams aren't breaking themselves to sign him.

As Raiders fans we are much more optimistic about where we are as a team and how we will finish the season than most outsiders. Most see us missing the playoffs this year. Clowney's people see that, too, or they would have jumped at our offer. Hell, just the chance to play in a new facility in Vegas vs. living in Cleveland and some of the other places that can afford him would make me sign with us. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    I don't think he's worth the money he's asking for. We have a pretty good DE rotation in Ferrell, Crosby, Nassib, and Key.
    Ferrell showed he couldnít play on the inside last annnnnd played bad on the outside as well. Canít bullrush pro ots as easy as college. Heís not good. He tried to get on the hip on speed moves last year and heís not quick enough. Nassib is a project. And key shows flashes. Thatís why the end of the year Crosby was getting doubled a ton. Chipped, etc. there was no threat on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Trade mariota for a 6th rounder. That will create a lot of cap room. Then we get someone that we will actually play and make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Ferrell showed he couldnít play on the inside last annnnnd played bad on the outside as well. Canít bullrush pro ots as easy as college. Heís not good. He tried to get on the hip on speed moves last year and heís not quick enough. Nassib is a project. And key shows flashes. Thatís why the end of the year Crosby was getting doubled a ton. Chipped, etc. there was no threat on the other side.
    Ferrell will improve in his 2nd year as did Miller. They ruined his development when they tried to move him to the inside. Nassib and Key are better fits as rush linebackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Trade mariota for a 6th rounder. That will create a lot of cap room. Then we get someone that we will actually play and make a difference.
    Not sure trading Mariotta is a good idea. Who will be the BU? If Carr goes down, he would make more of an impact than Clowney. I would call it an insurance policy. Hey maybe we get both.

well... Clowney posted an image of a Raiders helmet then took it down from his twitter acct... apparently.

https://twitter.com/REmpire8/status/1281632079323656197

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast