Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson. That draft was loaded. Willis and Revis were fun to talk about but we’re not being mentioned as possible first overall picks. I really think if we didn’t take Wolfe’s boy (acceptable nickname since you won’t let us use that name? Enough time has passed, I feel like I’m finally over it since most of the other guys we could’ve had instead are long retired (except old man AP)), it would’ve been Brady Quinn or Calvin. Obviously Calvin would’ve been amazing. I feel like Quinn would’ve done enough to stick around longer but would’ve been ultimately as mediocre for us as he was in Cleveland. We were probably more dysfunctional at the time, sad to say.
    I personally wanted Peterson with Calvin a close second. NO He Who Shall Not Be Named is not my boy. Never never never. I am still not over it.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I personally wanted Peterson with Calvin a close second. NO He Who Shall Not Be Named is not my boy. Never never never. I am still not over it.
    I wanted Joe Thomas... build thru the trenches and our line was trash at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Ok, Wolfe’s Boy it is from now on. At least it’s not his name. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I wanted Joe Thomas... build thru the trenches and our line was trash at the time
    I would love to say I wanted Thomas in hindsight. But still wasn’t over the “can’t miss” Gallery pick.

I wanted Calvin and then Quinn (I admit it, I thought he would be good in Kiffins system).

C'mon this is a Clowney thread.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I go by what people ACTUALLY have gotten with the picks. If they draft Jamarcus Russell and heyward bey with those LATE picks, then the trade sucked. I’m sure the picks they will get will be probably close to second round picks. We have to see when the picks are picked. And see who is doing the picks
    That doesn't make terribly too much sense...

Do you gauge your compensation at work by what you do with your money? Like, if you made a good investment with your take-home, you get paid well but if the investment didn't work out you are underpaid?

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post

Do you gauge your compensation at work by what you do with your money? Like, if you made a good investment with your take-home, you get paid well but if the investment didn't work out you are underpaid?
    This. Very good analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Ok, Wolfe’s Boy it is from now on. At least it’s not his name. ��
    No. Noooo. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post

I think the value of a trade should be simple- how does the pick compensation compare to other trades. There should only be a slight adjustment made to compensate for better draft classes. Some draft classes are loaded with first rounders, while others are deeper with less star power. But that is all based on judgement initially.

The other factor is how well you draft. If you are successful at drafting, then trading talent for draft picks might be wise. That end result is really a measure of the decision to trade. Not the trade itself.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I think the value of a trade should be simple- how does the pick compensation compare to other trades. There should only be a slight adjustment made to compensate for better draft classes. Some draft classes are loaded with first rounders, while others are deeper with less star power. But that is all based on judgement initially.

The other factor is how well you draft. If you are successful at drafting, then trading talent for draft picks might be wise. That end result is really a measure of the decision to trade. Not the trade itself.
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to demonstrate. The trade compensation should be judged at the time of the trade and with no consideration to what the team did with the picks. What the team does with the picks is a different story. Like if the Raiders traded Carr for a 6th, and they later drafted Tom Brady with that 6th, then it worked out great for the team and they were right to trade Carr, but they still got hosed when they traded Carr for a 6th.

And you're right about depth of the draft classes, that's a nuanced observation I haven't seen many other users make.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Dpes anyone know what he wants, and what we've offered?

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Dpes anyone know what he wants, and what we've offered?
    Well the original reports were he wanted around 17M but that was also at the start of free agency. No one specifically knows what he wants currently.

Ive seen reports that Raiders have offered between 8M to 12M on a 1 year but those reports were rumors. Nothing strong enough to say confidently.

Someone reassure me that we won't have another press conference with Gruden bemoaning the fact that the Raiders don't have an edge that can get to the QB. Promise me we'll rank in the top 10 in sacks/QB pressures this season. Please promise me that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Someone reassure me that we won't have another press conference with Gruden bemoaning the fact that the Raiders don't have an edge that can get to the QB. Promise me we'll rank in the top 10 in sacks/QB pressures this season. Please promise me that.
    I mean if the Raiders as a whole can average 1 additional sack per game they can end up a top 10 sack defense.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast