Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    ESPN's Jeremy Fowler stated the Seahawks are "all but out" on re-signing free agent Jadeveon Clowney following the acquisition of Jamal Adams.

More signs point to Seattle out of the running for Clowney.
    I agree, Seattle should be out of the running, but I still don't think that means the Raiders' chances of signing Clowney improved all that much. Come on, universe, prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    What part of they received more compensation in the trade than we did for Mack did you not understand? Lol not who we drafted or what Magic Mike did lol but swapping that second for a 3rd sucked
    I go by what people ACTUALLY have gotten with the picks. If they draft Jamarcus Russell and heyward bey with those LATE picks, then the trade sucked. Iím sure the picks they will get will be probably close to second round picks. We have to see when the picks are picked. And see who is doing the picks

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I agree, Seattle should be out of the running, but I still don't think that means the Raiders' chances of signing Clowney improved all that much. Come on, universe, prove me wrong.
    There were only four team left in the running a week ago. Browns bowed out last week. Itís hard to believe the Seahawks are still in it. Evidently Clowney thought he was top priority to sign with Seattle. Evidently not when they did all this work to get Adams. So that would realistically leave us and the titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I go by what people ACTUALLY have gotten with the picks. If they draft Jamarcus Russell and heyward bey with those LATE picks, then the trade sucked. Iím sure the picks they will get will be probably close to second round picks. We have to see when the picks are picked. And see who is doing the picks
    Ok.... thatís still not the context in which I posted with. Bottom line is they received more compensation to start with than we received for Mack.

There were only four team left in the running a week ago. Browns bowed out last week. Itís hard to believe the Seahawks are still in it. Evidently Clowney thought he was top priority to sign with Seattle. Evidently not when they did all this work to get Adams. So that would realistically leave us and the titans.
    Until he's signed, there's always another team involved. I can see the Titans making a push, Based on last year, they're a little closer than we are.

I go by what people ACTUALLY have gotten with the picks. If they draft XXXXXXX and heyward bey with those LATE picks, then the trade sucked. Iím sure the picks they will get will be probably close to second round picks. We have to see when the picks are picked. And see who is doing the picks
    Oh, come on, Meg. i just had breakfast.

"...prone to stoogery.".

That leaves at least 4 possibilities, no doubt more, in no particular order:

*Raiders
    *Titans
    *Clowney sits the year
    *Clowney waits until the season is underway to sign with a team that needs him due to injury, or think that he's the final piece to a deep playoff run

We've all been to this rodeo too many times before. Until Clowney's agent releases a statement that the Raiders are his most desired landing spot, let's not get too caught up with what we think we know about the odds being in our favor. Sometimes what we think are tea leaves is just parsley.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 07-27-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    That leaves at least 4 possibilities, no doubt more, in no particular order:

*Raiders
    *Titans
    *Clowney sits the year
    *Clowney waits until the season is underway to sign with a team that needs him due to injury, or think that he's the final piece to a deep playoff run

We've all been to this rodeo too many times before. Until Clowney's agent releases a statement that the Raiders are his most desired landing spot, let's not get too caught up with what we think we know about the odds being in our favor. Sometimes what we think are tea leaves is just parsley.

This is my opinion as well. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, settle for something in between.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Oh, come on, Meg. i just had breakfast.
    Iím sorry to everyone here. I donít know what I was thinking. Maybe it just didnít fade from memory fast enough for me. It still stings. I was hoping at that time to hear joe Thomas name as our pick. Now I would have loved to have Calvin, revis, ap and I think Willis was in that draft too.

I apologize

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Ok.... thatís still not the context in which I posted with. Bottom line is they received more compensation to start with than we received for Mack.
    Who do you think got the best out of the Mack trade?

Or Adams trade?

Iím sorry to everyone here. I donít know what I was thinking. Maybe it just didnít fade from memory fast enough for me. It still stings. I was hoping at that time to hear joe Thomas name as our pick. Now I would have loved to have Calvin, revis, ap and I think Willis was in that draft too.

I apologize
    Apology accepted, the stomach pains have eased for the team being. Just about any pick would have been better, I think most of us want Calvin. *Stomach gurgling* well, that signals enough of that talk........

"...prone to stoogery.".

Or Adams trade?
    I think we are still seeing the benefits of the Mack trade evolve. This team is looking pretty good on paper and last year, despite a crappy record, I saw many things that give me encouragement for this year and on. I was upset Mack left, but now, the trade seems to be good for the Raiders in many ways.

As for the Adams trade, that is a lot for him. An above average player I admit and the Seahawks will benefit from it this year, maybe next...but I think they gave too much. If the Jets play their cards right it is a good/great trade for them, lots of capital, got rid of a disgruntled player, win/win.

"...prone to stoogery.".

I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect 99% of the teams would quickly trade their safety for what the Jets got back in return. I don't know that as many teams would trade their top DE for what the Raiders got for Mack, especially since the Raiders gave up a high 2nd round pick as part of the deal. When you consider that the Raiders drafted a couple of guys in the first round that might have fallen to them in the second round, you have to wonder... WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Apology accepted, the stomach pains have eased for the team being. Just about any pick would have been better, I think most of us want Calvin. *Stomach gurgling* well, that signals enough of that talk........
    Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson. That draft was loaded. Willis and Revis were fun to talk about but weíre not being mentioned as possible first overall picks. I really think if we didnít take Wolfeís boy (acceptable nickname since you wonít let us use that name? Enough time has passed, I feel like Iím finally over it since most of the other guys we couldíve had instead are long retired (except old man AP)), it wouldíve been Brady Quinn or Calvin. Obviously Calvin wouldíve been amazing. I feel like Quinn wouldíve done enough to stick around longer but wouldíve been ultimately as mediocre for us as he was in Cleveland. We were probably more dysfunctional at the time, sad to say.

Or Adams trade?
    Lol what? I donít think you completely understand, I wouldíve rather had a 2nd round pick and kept our 3rd in this last draft and given up a 4th in next years draft.

Basically Seattle only gave up 2 1sts and a 3rd ; received Adams and a 4th

On the flip side Bear gave up 2 1sts, a 3rd and 6th ; recieved Mack and a 2nd!

So when it comes down to just the picks compensation , Bears for a better deal. Goodness, did I really have to spell it out lol
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 07-27-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast