Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 261

Thread: Wade/Tmac/Kobe

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Nah bro, it's about 8-4 in favor of kobe with you and someone else saying it's about a toss up.
    7 games I would role with Kobe but a peak Wade was top notch and may be listed as 3rd best sg of all time. The reason I pick Wade is he was better at passing his defense was top notch and he took shots within his ability which made him efficient. Being more efficient don’t mean he’s better but his willingness to pass kept you not sure what was going to happen. My only reserve Is Kobe was money at the line where Wade was iffy. But for one game I think flash would play more team less hero.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,481
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    7 games I would role with Kobe but a peak Wade was top notch and may be listed as 3rd best sg of all time. The reason I pick Wade is he was better at passing his defense was top notch and he took shots within his ability which made him efficient. Being more efficient don’t mean he’s better but his willingness to pass kept you not sure what was going to happen. My only reserve Is Kobe was money at the line where Wade was iffy. But for one game I think flash would play more team less hero.
    The main difference is that kobe was much more skilled and that required a lot more attention defensively. Wade didnt have that kind of potency. Their differences in fg% is mostly negligible and kobe was actually an excellent playmaker. You guys make it out to be as though kobe never passed. Wade is not going to warp the floor the way that kobe would. Either way, my point in my response to you was that most in here were picking kobe over Wade for that one game. Obviously if all-time it would be laughable to compare them.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    The main difference is that kobe was much more skilled and that required a lot more attention defensively. Wade didnt have that kind of potency. Their differences in fg% is mostly negligible and kobe was actually an excellent playmaker. You guys make it out to be as though kobe never passed. Wade is not going to warp the floor the way that kobe would. Either way, my point in my response to you was that most in here were picking kobe over Wade for that one game. Obviously if all-time it would be laughable to compare them.
    Kobe was more skilled as his athletic ability declined. So yes no question Kobe is the better overall player but we are talking playing with 9 other guys. Peak Wade or Kobe is not pump faking dream shake. We are taking two athletic guys that can get to the rim when ever they decided. I am also not just looking at skills but also personality. 1 game no do overs. I just would take my chances on Wade. I don’t know if Kobe would take the bait and play hero, would he berate his teammates and call them boys, would he decide to over pass etc. again a seven game series I got Kobe all day but I would just put my money on Wade if it’s one game. I think I know what I am getting out of peak Wade. If he got foul on the last play then maybe I lost my money. But I know he’s not shooting over 3 guys.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Again, says a a lot about anyone who thinks this is a question worth considering.
    Vee has been on a trolling kick lately. I voted Kobe. Calm down.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Vee has been on a trolling kick lately. I voted Kobe. Calm down.
    Lol I know you did

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Well then kobe had a bunch of career altering injuries too. One just played through them and remained great and the other one didnt.

    I didnt say that they werent focusing in on Wade, I said that they werent doing it to the extent that they did with kobe. If you're on a bad team, teams tend to not really get up for you, the game plan isnt going to be as intense, because the opposition isnt elite...also Wade was nowhere near the offensive threat as someone like kobe. If a team was lax on kobe, he could drop 30 in a quarter and not blink. They had to fight tooth and nail to keep that from happening. That was never the case with Wade (or even LBJ, but that's a different argument altogether).

    Physically, Kobe's peak was probably 03. All around though it was probably 09. His 06 and 07 seasons were technically better, but again, I dont consider those nearly as meaningful because being on a bad team and producing at a high clip isnt the same as doing it on a contending team. On a better team, the production necessarily decreases, but that doesnt mean that they arent at their peak. The circumstance is just different.
    But Kevin Love putting up numbers in Minnesota and Cousins putting them up in Sacramento puts him over Pippen. Gotcha. Whatever makes your pro-Kobe/anti-Lebron argument stick.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    But Kevin Love putting up numbers in Minnesota and Cousins putting them up in Sacramento puts him over Pippen. Gotcha. Whatever makes your pro-Kobe/anti-Lebron argument stick.
    Well this is the wrong thread for that, one. But two, I said that I would rather have them as my #1 than Pippen and yes that still holds true, Pippen is the kind of player who would be very effective on a good team and not otherwise. Also, as I've noted before, it's a different criteria when comparing top tier superstars than when comparing guys like Pippen/Love/Cousins/Butler/Klay and a bunch of other guys who are borderline superstars. A player of the caliber of Kobe and to a lesser extent Wade can put up incredible numbers whenever they want and that's why those numbers don't matter as much when it comes to assessing them. A player like Pippen and Love can't do that and that's why it's a different criteria when assessing the most elite players versus guys like Pippen and Love.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    26
    Poor thread. Don't understand the meaning or incentive behind it.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,632
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Not tmac, hes not in the same class as the others. Never had the winners mentality of the other 2. He was the most talented but never had the dedication of the other 2. Harden would be a better player to put in this conversation imo.

    1) Kobe
    2) Wade










    3) Tmac
    This. McGrady's one of the best second bananas ever.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Adaptable View Post
    Poor thread. Don't understand the meaning or incentive behind it.
    Welcome back!!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,851
    Peak:

    1. Wade
    2. Tmac
    3. Kobe

    Who can take their game to the highest level to Will their team to victory:

    1. Wade
    2. Kobe
    3. Tmac

    All-Time:

    1. Kobe
    2. Wade
    3. Tmac
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Well this is the wrong thread for that, one. But two, I said that I would rather have them as my #1 than Pippen and yes that still holds true, Pippen is the kind of player who would be very effective on a good team and not otherwise. Also, as I've noted before, it's a different criteria when comparing top tier superstars than when comparing guys like Pippen/Love/Cousins/Butler/Klay and a bunch of other guys who are borderline superstars. A player of the caliber of Kobe and to a lesser extent Wade can put up incredible numbers whenever they want and that's why those numbers don't matter as much when it comes to assessing them. A player like Pippen and Love can't do that and that's why it's a different criteria when assessing the most elite players versus guys like Pippen and Love.
    But I thought that you sai


    I guess it doesn’t matter.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    It depends when they would’ve teamed up. LeBron and Wade win more than Kobe and Wade for sure if Kobe or LeBron get Wade at the beginning of his prime. You’re trying so hard to push this narrative lol.

    That Hawks team was solid btw, MUCH more we’ll rounded than Wades supporting cast of a rookie Chalmers, Beasley and washed Jermaine O’Neal
    Lebron played with Jr Smith, Mozgof and Delladova. This team took out a 60 win Hawks team in 4 eastern final games. So what’s your point you are trying to make about your “peak” Wade? Lebron did this in 2015 with Jr Smith but that is not LeBrons best season or “peak”. In fact the Wade numbers that lost to Joe Johnson trumps LeBron numbers in 2015. So Wade playing at a higher level then 2015 LeBron should of won that first round series.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,031
    Mj
    Kobe
    Wade
    Harden
    Iverson
    Drexler
    Miller
    Allen
    Carter/Tmac?

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Lebron played with Jr Smith, Mozgof and Delladova. This team took out a 60 win Hawks team in 4 eastern final games. So what’s your point you are trying to make about your “peak” Wade? Lebron did this in 2015 with Jr Smith but that is not LeBrons best season or “peak”. In fact the Wade numbers that lost to Joe Johnson trumps LeBron numbers in 2015. So Wade playing at a higher level then 2015 LeBron should of won that first round series.
    Idk wtf you’re even saying here or how this post has anything to do with what I said but yea let’s just leave out the fact LeBron had Kyrie and Kevin Love in 2015. Love was out for that series but TT stepped up huge and JR killed too let’s not act like he was a scrub then.

    Wade had literally nobody
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •