Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade/Tmac/Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    And I'm sure that is largely due to Wade being a shell of himself after injury. You cant be this daft.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I guess you can read Wade's mind.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 07-07-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I guess you can read Wade's mind.
    No, but hes not an idiot. He surely knows he was the best SG in the NBA for a brief time before his body broke down. Everyone else did, at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

No offense to Kobe but he never had a season that could top 08-09 Wade

In 09 Wade lost in the first round to Joe Johnson. If 09 Wade had 09 Kobe as a teammate then he donít lose to Joe Johnson. They would win multiple championships.

09 Kobe got a ring.
    Last edited by Bostonjorge; 07-07-2020 at 10:14 PM.

No, but hes not an idiot. He surely knows he was the best SG in the NBA for a brief time before his body broke down. Everyone else did, at the time.

He was never the best sg in the league, ever, at any point. He'll tell you that, just as anyone who played with them will tell you that. Not a damn person with any sense thought he was better than kobe at any time. The very position is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    In 09 Wade lost in the first round to Joe Johnson. If 09 Wade had 09 Kobe as a teammate then he donít lose to Joe Johnson. They would win multiple championships.

09 Kobe is a got a ring.
    It's like I've been saying dude, some of these guys have had it in for kobe for years and don't understand the game and so they rely on these hot takes from bleacher report which are summarily laughed off by most basketball experts. These guys are simply to cowardice to come out and say how they really feel about kobe, so they hide behind these passive aggressive posts.

It's like I've been saying dude, some of these guys have had it in for kobe for years and don't understand the game and so they rely on these hot takes from bleacher report which are summarily laughed off by most basketball experts. These guys are simply to cowardice to come out and say how they really feel about kobe, so they hide behind these passive aggressive posts.
    I will never understand why

The player that made Jordan himself want to watch basketball is Kobe Bryant.

MMMM thats a tough one. I mean all three of these guys were dynamic. Tmac career did not unfold that well because of injuries. Dang it all depends its really tough. Kobe was the better at the free throw line making him money in the last few seconds if got fouled but also could be bait in a bad shot. I May go with Wade on this one. 1 game ill take my chances with Wade if its just 1 game. 7 games ill go with Kobe.
    Last edited by ldawg; 07-07-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Because when you build a dominant team you just cant stick players together. I think it had a number of teams that did that and it did not result in rings. Sure They might beat joe Johnson since that team was not that great to begin with and might have even won a ring or two but i dont think they would have been that great. At least not better than anything we saw over the last 20 years. After paying Kobe and Wade would be interesting how they would have filled out the rest of the roaster being guard heavy.

Not impossible however Wade could play PG and Kobe remained at sg while getting a SF 3/d But it seem Like they would need a third skilled player in the Paint. The back court defense would have been great class leading and either could carry the load when one sits.

Personally i think Kobe and Duncan would have won more than 3 rings and i think they would have dominated way more than a potential Wade Kobe back court. Kobe/Wade looks good on paper and will win games on share talent but not next level stuff.

We will get a preview in a few weeks Kawhi/PG vs Lebron/Davis. If Davis Dominate the paint Lakers should win. While PG/Kawhi is not 6 4/6 6 they represent the leagues two best guards/sf
    Last edited by ldawg; 07-07-2020 at 11:42 PM.

In 2007 Lakers draft a unknown big man with the 45th pick. Named Mac Gasol. Maybe Jerry West still feels like raping the Lakers in a trade package that lands him Gasol and Lakers Pau.

ďmight have even won a ring or two but i dont think they would have been that greatĒ.

You said it the best. Basically what happened to the super team in Miami. If Kobe and Wade only win 2 championship then we call them what we called the big 3 experiment.

Yep, the stats which are not appropriate for assessing players do say theyre close...unfortunately they arent very meaningful so it doesnt amount to much. As ive noted before, if an assessment for something leads to an absurd conclusion, that means that should call into question the metric that is being used, not lend credence to the absurd conclusion. Wade doesnt consider himself as good as kobe, which says it all.
    You agreed with the outlandish **** NYalltheway said so that tells us all we need to know about your knowledge of the game.

Yes Wade would say Kobe is better than him ALL TIME, but Wade also said he wouldíve been like top 5 ever if not for the injuries he had. Kobe isnít top 5
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

09 Kobe got a ring.
    So if you put 2 of the top 3 players in the league on the same team they would beat the Hawks? This was a terrible point to try and make lol. Give 09 Wade the supporting cast Kobe had in 09 and heíd win the championship too. Is that the year many believe Pau got shafted for finals mvp?
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

The fact that you two believe that **** of their being some kind of hidden agenda here is hilarious.

8/24/2

He was never the best sg in the league, ever, at any point. He'll tell you that, just as anyone who played with them will tell you that. Not a damn person with any sense thought he was better than kobe at any time. The very position is laughable.
    People were saying he was the best player in the league at one point so to narrow it down to SG isnít doing him justice (as LeBron was better than Kobe too).

Hell I just saw a reporter tweet the other day that from the start of the redeem team through the next 2-3 years a strong case could be made that Wade was the best player in the world. That reporter must hate Kobe though, that has to be why he said that.

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    You agreed with the outlandish **** NYalltheway said so that tells us all we need to know about your knowledge of the game.

Yes Wade would say Kobe is better than him ALL TIME, but Wade also said he wouldíve been like top 5 ever if not for the injuries he had. Kobe isnít top 5
    People were talking about kobe being the best player in the game as early as 2001, but that doesnt mean that he was the best player in the game nor was that the consensus. Sure, there was a small minority mentioning that Wade might be the best at one point, but that was far, far from the consensus. Go back and look at most player rankings from 06 on and the massive majority of them usually have kobe several slots ahead of Wade and Kobe was usually ranked the best player in the game or at around 1-3. The player rankings don't mean much, but it does show that you guys are wrong and this is revisionist history that people thought Wade was the best sg in the league. Very few considered Wade to be better than Kobe.

And no, Wade would absolutely not have been top 5 or top 10 had he not gotten hurt lol...oh and just so you know, Wade ranked kobe not just ahead of himself, ahead of LBJ as well. Wade eventually changed that latter position to saying he doesnt know who he'd pick, but it says a lot that he's publicly picked kobe not just over himself but over his best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    So if you put 2 of the top 3 players in the league on the same team they would beat the Hawks? This was a terrible point to try and make lol. Give 09 Wade the supporting cast Kobe had in 09 and heíd win the championship too. Is that the year many believe Pau got shafted for finals mvp?
    No that was not the year, but Pau also never got shafted for finals MVP...only kobe haters believe that, and the fact that you repeat that drivel only further supports the position ive already stated.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast