Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade/Tmac/Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    If it's just one game that decides lives, then it's Kobe. Heck, both Wade and Tmac would bet their own lives on Kobe.

But if you wanna make this more interesting, you can argue one season at their peak and add guys like Iverson, Drexler, Carter and Gervin in the mix. Those three may still be the top options for many, but they're not the clear ones.

The only other SG who challenges Kobe in a life or death match, not named Michael Jordan, is Reggie Miller. And I'd also say Drazen Petrovic, but you haven't really witnessed him at his best so it may sound odd.

P.S: As much as I love Wade, he's 3rd in this one because he doesn't have the range the other two guys have.
    Yep, pretty spot on, which is what makes this thread laughable. Wade and McGrady I think have picked kobe over LBJ actually. Wade has repeatedly stated that kobe, not LBJ was the player of their generation and McGrady is on record saying kobe is the GOAT. Now whether anyone agrees with them or not (I dont think kobe is the GOAT, for instance), it says a ton when great players openly put another great player ahead themselves, which is what both McGrady and Wade have done with kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Well if this is just based on their peaks the answer is Wade. Heís the best player when theyíre all at their best and Iím not taking a guy who never won a meaningful game in Tmac.
    LOL Wade was never on the same level as kobe. Anything that says otherwise shows just how flawed that thing is in using it to assess players. Wade will tell you himself that Kobe was better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Wade. Peak Wade brief as it was was the best all-around player of the 3.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nope and not even close to being close either.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    You're not even CLOSE to being even close to being close.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

LOL Wade was never on the same level as kobe. Anything that says otherwise shows just how flawed that thing is in using it to assess players. Wade will tell you himself that Kobe was better than him.
    Every statistic shows theyíre close, especially at their peaks (Wade was better). Kobe is regarded as better all time strictly because of longevity and rightfully so. Kobe did nothing in a single instance in his career to match what Wade did in 06 and letís face it.....he has quite a few all nba and all defense team selections based on his name/popularity alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I second this

https://www.landofbasketball.com/gam...wyane_wade.htm

So the stats themselves back Wade and Kobe being close or Wade as being better when they were at their best and even the head to head matchups favor Wade as being the better player when they played against each other. Kobe is better all time but thatís not whatís being discussed here.

No offense to Kobe but he never had a season that could top 08-09 Wade

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Would you say Wade in 08-09 was better than any Larry Bird season?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/gam...wyane_wade.htm

So the stats themselves back Wade and Kobe being close or Wade as being better when they were at their best and even the head to head matchups favor Wade as being the better player when they played against each other. Kobe is better all time but thatís not whatís being discussed here.
    H2H is a weird comparison. Just compare their peak seasons. Kobe in 06 and Wade in 09. Ironically they were both 27 at the time.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...layers&y2=2009

It is definitely debatable both ways.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Every statistic shows theyíre close, especially at their peaks (Wade was better). Kobe is regarded as better all time strictly because of longevity and rightfully so. Kobe did nothing in a single instance in his career to match what Wade did in 06 and letís face it.....he has quite a few all nba and all defense team selections based on his name/popularity alone.
    Yep, the stats which are not appropriate for assessing players do say theyre close...unfortunately they arent very meaningful so it doesnt amount to much. As ive noted before, if an assessment for something leads to an absurd conclusion, that means that should call into question the metric that is being used, not lend credence to the absurd conclusion. Wade doesnt consider himself as good as kobe, which says it all.

Yep, he had a great season and dominated the hell out of the ball in doing so. Again, Wade doesnt consider himself as good as kobe was and that says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Wade would likely laugh in your face for posting this nonsense lol

Yep, he had a great season and dominated the hell out of the ball in doing so. Again, Wade doesnt consider himself as good as kobe was and that says it all.
    There is definitely a joke in here somewhere

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

And I'm sure that is largely due to Wade being a shell of himself after injury. You cant be this daft.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast