Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Wade/Tmac/Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Kobes longevity
    Tmacs peak
    Wades explosiveness when he was flash
    TMacs peak was so good he never won a single playoff series. While the other 2 are multiple time champions......
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    TMacs peak was so good he never won a single playoff series. While the other 2 are multiple time champions......
    Both players won several chips before their peak and both won with Shaq. Check out how far wade and kobe got when they were surrounded by subpar support the way tmac was in Orlando, now check their production in those first round flameouts

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Both players won several chips before their peak and both won with Shaq. Check out how far wade and kobe got when they were surrounded by subpar support the way tmac was in Orlando, now check their production in those first round flameouts
    Tmac isn't in the same stratosphere as the other 2. The 2 best shooting guards all time vs a guy thats not even top 5. How tmac garnered this reputation years after his retirement is beyond me.
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Tmac isn't in the same stratosphere as the other 2. The 2 best shooting guards all time vs a guy thats not even top 5. How tmac garnered this reputation years after his retirement is beyond me.
    Do you know the. difference between peak vs career? Were not talking about all time rankings here just these guys at their best

Do you know the. difference between peak vs career? Were not talking about all time rankings here just these guys at their best
    His "peak" was not good enough to win a playoff series even once. A peak is not very high if its totally incapable of winning
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

His "peak" was not good enough to win a playoff series even once. A peak is not very high if its totally incapable of winning
    Sounds like ur not understanding what peak means. Not even once? Umm there is only 1 season lol

Curious, which season did you think wade was at his best, kobe too.
    Last edited by Chronz; 08-15-2020 at 06:43 PM.

My mistake, op said prime not peak but I feel like he ,means these guys at their best, think he clarified that too

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    Kobe and it ainít close if it comes down to one game...
    Pretty much this. Prime Kobe with one game to win all the marbles is going to drop more than 81 on you.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Pretty much this. Prime Kobe with one game to win all the marbles is going to drop more than 81 on you.
    That literally never happened.

go look at how he performed in those series and see how he performed better than both kobe and wade and lost. Imagine team game logic

1 game to win on a neutral floor with limited help... tmac all day

Steve Nash is a 2 time MVP and has won many playoff series and is one of my favorite players ever... I am taking cp3 over him all day... team sport people. What did Jordan do before pippen?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    That literally never happened.
    He never said it did...he said it would. Those are different...I suppose it's challenging to understand a couple of really basic sentences.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 08-16-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    1 game to win on a neutral floor with limited help... tmac all day

Steve Nash is a 2 time MVP and has won many playoff series and is one of my favorite players ever... I am taking cp3 over him all day... team sport people. What did Jordan do before pippen?

IDK why its so hard to contextualize Tmac's career, I understand giving the benefit of the doubt to guys like Kobe and Wade for being champions, I myself am making that concession but its not exactly an outrageous possibility for Tmac to have been superior at his apex, and who knows what he could've become if not for injuries too.

Kobe once said he had all the skills but was 6"8, 6"9 and was his toughest assignment ever. I mean, just look at what they all accomplished when they had similar support as peak Tracy. Imagine a universe where neither Wade nor Kobe had Shaq early in their careers, only imagine them getting injured around the phase when they were finally getting roster support, or imagine their sidekick always getting injured (Grant Hill). Thats Tmac, he didn't last long enough to see him get the proper support, and if we're being honest, TMac put up with managerial negligence longer than both. Kobe wanted out after a meager 3 years as the man and getting what he wanted by ditching Shaq. Wade threatened to bounce after they punted on free agency the year before the Big-3, dont know how serious that was tho.

IDK why its so hard to contextualize Tmac's career, I understand giving the benefit of the doubt to guys like Kobe and Wade for being champions, I myself am making that concession but its not exactly an outrageous possibility for Tmac to have been superior at his apex, and who knows what he could've become if not for injuries too.

Kobe once said he had all the skills but was 6"8, 6"9 and was his toughest assignment ever. I mean, just look at what they all accomplished when they had similar support as peak Tracy. Imagine a universe where neither Wade nor Kobe had Shaq early in their careers, only imagine them getting injured around the phase when they were finally getting roster support, or imagine their sidekick always getting injured (Grant Hill). Thats Tmac, he didn't last long enough to see him get the proper support, and if we're being honest, TMac put up with managerial negligence longer than both. Kobe wanted out after a meager 3 years as the man and getting what he wanted by ditching Shaq. Wade threatened to bounce after they punted on free agency the year before the Big-3, dont know how serious that was tho.
    I actually do agree that TMAC does belong in the conversation. Personally, I'd take a peak TMAC over Wade, because I value the type of offensive skillset he had over what Wade brought to the table offensively. In my opinion though, I think any peaks when comparing greats, it's really only the seasons where their teams were contenders that should be considered, because teams don't care too much if a great player goes off when the team is still pretty likely to lose. That's in part why I don't get super excited about Kobe's 06 and 07 seasons, because although they were great, the team still wasn't very good. If Kobe had put up his 06 season in any of the 08-10 seasons then that would've carried a lot more weight for me.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast