Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 126

Thread: "radical left"

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    A dozen presidents have vivited Mt Ruchmore but Trump goes there and it is racist. Why???
    I’d assume the current social context and his history of questionable racially dividing statements and rhetoric.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,146
    How about we are in the middle of a pandemic? The health officials are starting to see positive testing from his Tulsa rally, like in Herman Cain and Donald jr. girlfriend. Man, the idiocy of some people, no wonder this virus is sweeping the country.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,146
    The type who wants to play baseball in a flood because other did it before the flood.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    26,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    A dozen presidents have vivited Mt Ruchmore but Trump goes there and it is racist. Why???
    orange man bad.

    history hasn't changed. what changed was the love affair for the last President and the hate for the current President.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    33,163
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I understand that you just agreed with me, the headline was inflammatory.

    so you would be disagreeing with Bramaca.
    The headline itself isnt inflammatory, it's the story the headline describes which is inflammatory.


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    34,797
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The headline itself isnt inflammatory, it's the story the headline describes which is inflammatory.
    You think Special reads past the headline?

  7. #112
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    orange man bad.

    history hasn't changed. what changed was the love affair for the last President and the hate for the current President.
    qft

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,466
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    orange man bad.

    history hasn't changed. what changed was the love affair for the last President and the hate for the current President.
    Though you may not have meant it as I am taking it, this is reasonably accurate.

    Trump is perceived by many as sympathetic to white nationalism. Now, we can argue up one side of the wall and down the other whether he is or isn’t, but that is beside the point for my response here. It is how Trump is perceived by many [editorial insertion here: not all] in and out of the media, all of which leads to “hate for the current president”. So, Trump’s rather bombastic appearance at Mt. Rushmore allowed for that perception to color (pun intended) the setting itself — essentially highlighting negative aspects (chiefly slaveholding) of some of the presidents carved thereon.

    Obviously, Obama did not carry the baggage of that particular perception of being sympathetic to white nationalism; probably for many, quite the opposite. And, thus, his appearance there as the first black president (“love affair [editorial insertion here: not shared by all] for the last president”) affected the setting in a very different way.

    And, as I continually point out to you, in post-Reagan capitalist America, the media is out for profit (irregardless of what you think they should do). They clearly know what butters their bread.
    Last edited by Crovash; 07-10-2020 at 04:27 PM.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Though you may not have meant it as I am taking it, this is reasonably accurate.

    Trump is perceived by many as sympathetic to white nationalism. Now, we can argue up one side of the wall and down the other whether he is or isn’t, but that is beside the point for my response here. It is how Trump is perceived by many [editorial insertion here: not all] in and out of the media, all of which leads to “hate for the current president”. So, Trump’s rather bombastic appearance at Mt. Rushmore allowed for that perception to color (pun intended) the setting itself — essentially highlighting negative aspects (chiefly slaveholding) of some of the presidents carved thereon.

    Obviously, Obama did not carry the baggage of that particular perception of being sympathetic to white nationalism; probably for many, quite the opposite. And, thus, his appearance there as the first black president (“love affair [editorial insertion here: not shared by all] for the last president”) affected the setting in a very different way.

    And, as I continually point out to you, in post-Reagan capitalist America, the media is out for profit (irregardless of what you thinthey should do). They clearly know what butters their bread.
    Given the ratings, they clearly aren't good at that, agree?

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,466
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Given the ratings, they clearly aren't good at that, agree?
    I do not know. I was identifying their motivation, not assessing their success.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    26,910
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You think Special reads past the headline?
    not that easy for an article that requires subscription.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  12. #117
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    26,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Though you may not have meant it as I am taking it, this is reasonably accurate.

    Trump is perceived by many as sympathetic to white nationalism. Now, we can argue up one side of the wall and down the other whether he is or isn’t, but that is beside the point for my response here. It is how Trump is perceived by many [editorial insertion here: not all] in and out of the media, all of which leads to “hate for the current president”. So, Trump’s rather bombastic appearance at Mt. Rushmore allowed for that perception to color (pun intended) the setting itself — essentially highlighting negative aspects (chiefly slaveholding) of some of the presidents carved thereon.

    Obviously, Obama did not carry the baggage of that particular perception of being sympathetic to white nationalism; probably for many, quite the opposite. And, thus, his appearance there as the first black president (“love affair [editorial insertion here: not shared by all] for the last president”) affected the setting in a very different way.

    And, as I continually point out to you, in post-Reagan capitalist America, the media is out for profit (irregardless of what you think they should do). They clearly know what butters their bread.
    first, thank you for the response.

    perception does not mean reality.

    perception was Trump was evil for putting immigrant children in cages so much that the media literally used pictures from when Obama was President. the reality is they were Obama's cages.

    all of this is how Trump is perceived by some of the media, because that is how they want to perceive him. that is a point. they are media more on the left that hate him because they support the other side. that is why they loved Obama, and why he wasn't criticized in the same way. Obama deported more illegal immigrants than Trump did, but I never saw them saying Obama hated immigrants or was racist.

    the last thing you said is true, but that is the problem. millions of people actually trust the media and expect them to report the truth. so maybe the problem isn't what the media chooses to do or cover for their own agenda, but that a lot of people have become too stupid to know better.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  13. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,752
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The radical left will fix all of our problems just like the soviets, lol.
    You are unimaginably dumb.

    If you think the modern left in this country is like the soviets, well, again...you are are dumb as you present yourself to be. And if I can't state this fact on this site, so be it. I'll take the break!
    HELLO

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,752
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Trump attacked the "radical left", again, today.

    What about them is dangerous? What are their political beliefs that scare the right?

    Are you worried that we want to give you all healthcare?

    Are you worried that we want to end the pointless and fruitless wars?

    Are you worried that we want to combat climate change?

    What is it? What the danger? Why do we scare you?
    Look, I get the right just dives into "the left is Venzuela, North Korea, Lenin...durrr". But come on. Answer my question.

    What's radical about these agendas? And why do you chose to instead support cretinous politicians whose SOLE responsibility it to the rich and powerful, who do not and never will give a single solitary **** about us....the working class? Hell, I'd pose that same question to people who think Joe Biden, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are good too. You're all rubes. Bootlickers. Class traitors.

    We're the best country in the world, right? Why is it so preposterous to want our government to do better for it's people. To instead of fighting war after war and cutting tax cut after tax cut to the rich, we actually did something worth a damn with our immense wealth? Again, you're all suckers.

    Socialism for the rich, rugged individualism for the poor. That's America baby!!!
    HELLO

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,146
    Ask the moderate Democrats. You are asking the wrong person, because he detest them as well. Wrong target bucko.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-18-2020 at 11:30 PM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •