Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Curry has had multiple chances to step up and be the guy and has failed every time

why isnt he held to the same standard as lebron or as durant and so on down the list? Even though we shun durant for joining but ignore that curry begged him to join because curry couldn't get over the lebron hump once he was figured out.... so why do we hold lebron and durant to such high standards but ignore that curry has choked not just once but several times

LeBron's career gets debated against Jordan. People don't even talk about Curry in the top 10. That's why Curry is held to a lower standard because people expect less.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    LeBron's career gets debated against Jordan. People don't even talk about Curry in the top 10. That's why Curry is held to a lower standard because people expect less.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    why isnt he held to the same standard as lebron or as durant and so on down the list? Even though we shun durant for joining but ignore that curry begged him to join because curry couldn't get over the lebron hump once he was figured out.... so why do we hold lebron and durant to such high standards but ignore that curry has choked not just once but several times
    Greatness was expected of lebron and Durant. Curry has already exceeds career expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree bro

Heís not as good as those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Heís not as good as those guys

you dont think he is better than durant? there is def an argument no?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you dont think he is better than durant? there is def an argument no?
    No KD is better

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

^^^^Pick any or all of those answers and youíre set.

I'll still take steph over kd
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

If another ball game was never played I would def be on the side of Curry's career > Durant's career.

However at their peak I think you gotta go KD. Do you like arguing peak performances?? Then have I got the thread for you!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...r-not-prime)-5

Kristaps Porzingis

If another ball game was never played I would def be on the side of Curry's career > Durant's career.

However at their peak I think you gotta go KD. Do you like arguing peak performances?? Then have I got the thread for you!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...r-not-prime)-5
    Why? His peak is better AND he played longer but his overall ranking is somehow lower despite that?

I am not necessarily disagreeing with Curry all time over KD but I don't understand why KD also has to be higher in peak then. Curry's career ranking is largely based on his peak...

I do think KD will get voted in before hand but I am curious on the reasoning why it must be the case, especially from someone acknowledging Curry over him all time.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Why? His peak is better AND he played longer but his overall ranking is somehow lower despite that?

I am not necessarily disagreeing with Curry all time over KD but I don't understand why KD also has to be higher in peak then. Curry's career ranking is largely based on his peak...

I do think KD will get voted in before hand but I am curious on the reasoning why it must be the case, especially from someone acknowledging Curry over him all time.
    When it comes to debating careers I really just keep it simple and focus on the big stuff.

Durant won an MVP but Curry won TWO and was unanimous. That's legendary.

Durant won 2 rings but Curry won 3 and led the Warriors to the best season ever. Plus few people, myself included, will ever give Durant full credit for those 2 rings.

Curry shattered the record for 3's made in a season, multiple times, and changed the game forever. He made more 3's in just a few seasons than Bird (legendary sniper) did in his entire career.

He has an incredible legacy that for me personally is more impressive than Durant.

However...if I'm playing a do or die game...

Durant is my guy and it is for a similar reason why Jordan is my #1 do or die player. In a single game a player's jumper might go cold. Jordan would still find a way. He would get to the line, crash the boards, set up teammates, make a big steal, etc. I trust Durant (2x finals mvp) slightly more to get it done no matter what on both ends of the floor.

Kristaps Porzingis

When it comes to debating careers I really just keep it simple and focus on the big stuff.

Durant won an MVP but Curry won TWO and was unanimous. That's legendary.

Durant won 2 rings but Curry won 3 and led the Warriors to the best season ever. Plus few people, myself included, will ever give Durant full credit for those 2 rings.

Curry shattered the record for 3's made in a season, multiple times, and changed the game forever. He made more 3's in just a few seasons than Bird (legendary sniper) did in his entire career.

He has an incredible legacy that for me personally is more impressive than Durant.

However...if I'm playing a do or die game...

Durant is my guy and it is for a similar reason why Jordan is my #1 do or die player. In a single game a player's jumper might go cold. Jordan would still find a way. He would get to the line, crash the boards, set up teammates, make a big steal, etc. I trust Durant (2x finals mvp) slightly more to get it done no matter what on both ends of the floor.
    Curry's ability to create for himself/team/others is exactly what makes him so special and his unanimous MVP etc. leading to title/72 win season are in part due to that ability being greater. If neither of them can shoot well the other defense keeps going 1v1 vs. Durant as it's working and the other defense thinks they are slowing down Curry so they keep playing him in a way that opens it up for the entire team (see before KD for extreme examples of how doubles come 26 ft out giving rest of team tons of open opportunities/shots even if not getting his own this is massive affect on the game). I actually think in the sense of Jordan and his ability to create for self/teammates and take the brunt of attention of the defense is much more like Curry overall and important.

I would agree KD gets it done more at the other end but I don't think he is like amazing on that end either though (especially when he is focus of defense/best player and so on creating for team instead of fitting into already built system as the scorer/#2 focus). If either of them can't shoot it will affect their own scoring but Curry still affects the overall game more because of how defenses play him while KD they often just let go 1v1 even against like Kyrie as we saw in finals the help isn't available/teams aren't focused on him like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I would agree KD gets it done more at the other end but I don't think he is like amazing on that end either though (especially when he is focus of defense/best player and so on creating for team instead of fitting into already built system as the scorer/#2 focus).
    KD's defense is far beyond Curry's.

I used to hold your opinion until one day chronz backhanded me with facts. Still feeling the sting of it.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast