Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,703
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ya'll are some negative Nancy's
    If you anticipate the worst, you'll feel better either way! Lol

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,494
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ya'll are some negative Nancy's
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,703
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If you just posted a picture of Will Ferrell I'd laugh. Just looking at the guy cracks me up.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,494
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    If you just posted a picture of Will Ferrell I'd laugh. Just looking at the guy cracks me up.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,691
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So hot right now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,532
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    with only a 60 game season there is bound to be some major upsets etc... where will this world series rank to you personally as a baseball fan and not a single team fan? take the bias out how will you feel about this world series if another team wins it besides your own team?
    Needing just 45-50 wins, including playoff wins to a title. it's garbage.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,008
    This may be a bad way of looking at it, but it depends who wins to be honest. If the playoffs end up being filled with the teams most people thought were playoff contenders and the world series is played between 2 legit contenders, then I think it will be viewed as close to a normal title. If some team comes out of no where and the playoffs are a mismatch of random teams, then it's really going to be viewed strangely.

    Same with players getting sick. If the season and playoffs in particular are played by mostly the players you would expect, then I'll see it as more legit. But if there's a ton of guys out and guys pull out and the series winner has like their normal #8 hitter hitting in the 3 hole because everyone else is out, then it'll just be a historical oddity and have more of an asterisks.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    21,431
    I won’t consider this World Series a real one. Even if the Mets win.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,691
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    This may be a bad way of looking at it, but it depends who wins to be honest. If the playoffs end up being filled with the teams most people thought were playoff contenders and the world series is played between 2 legit contenders, then I think it will be viewed as close to a normal title. If some team comes out of no where and the playoffs are a mismatch of random teams, then it's really going to be viewed strangely.

    Same with players getting sick. If the season and playoffs in particular are played by mostly the players you would expect, then I'll see it as more legit. But if there's a ton of guys out and guys pull out and the series winner has like their normal #8 hitter hitting in the 3 hole because everyone else is out, then it'll just be a historical oddity and have more of an asterisks.
    To your second paragraph, exactly. You wind up having a fully healthy Orioles winning the WS due to every other team having 5+ key players going down for multiple weeks, the season, or at least not playing up to par due to lingering effects and this because a pretty crappy season (more so than it is already)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,703
    Your team winning is still going to feel just as sweet. It may not be looked at favorably as time goes by, but not sure it matters.

    Certainly can't be considered one of the best ever unless you see a 12-0 postseason.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    112,267
    for example and someone can say different... the phillies who were a sham were one of the top east teams for over half a season or so correct? the dodgers who are a top team struggled for months before they turned it on and the nats struggled to start the season as well.... some teams start insanely slow because that is baseball... i see nothing different this go around... i wouldnt be surprised if some superstars legit bat like 210 because they get no real spring training work.... its hard for me to really count this season nomatter if my team wins or not


    but lets be clear i will gloat like a mother ****er if they do esp to dodger/giants/braves fans : )

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,590
    I would count it as the 116th world series.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,008
    But it's not like the best team always wins the world series anyways. Washington legit could have lost the wild card game last year to Milwaukee. Like not, the vague, anyone can win a game could have lost. One of the best releivers in baseball was in the game in the 8th inning with a lead. Credit to Washington for pulling it out. But that exact situation could play out 10 times and the brewers probably hold on to win 7 times at least. The cardinals won the world series with 83 wins in 2006. So there's alot of random luck involved once the playoffs start.

    I get 162 weeds out the bad teams better and it's somewhat likely a good team or two miss the playoffs and a bad team or two make it. That being said, everyone is in the same position. As long as there's not a ton of guys who still drop out or alot of the top players miss big chunks of the season and/or playoffs due to the virus (which is a huge if), it should feel pretty good.

    If every team is basically down to 4 of their regular poatuonal starters and like 2 of their 5 starting pitchers and they win because they are the healthiest, it's going to feel off.

    But if it's the yanks and dodgers in the world series (which I would hate personally) and both teams are mostly healthy, it'll be hard to argue that this one is not legit. I probably still will because I dislike both teams, but it would be hard to truly say it was not deserved compared to other odd teams that won it all.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,494
    what are you guys talking about....we're 102 games into the season and somehow every team has identical 51-51 records as we sprint to the finish...weren't you watching?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    112,267
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what are you guys talking about....we're 102 games into the season and somehow every team has identical 51-51 records as we sprint to the finish...weren't you watching?
    so what you are telling me is that the phillies are tied for the best record in baseball and harper is tied for mvp? my god i just went from 6 to midnight down south

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •