Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post David Njoku Wants Out

His agent has allegedly asked for a trade, on his behalf.

https://twitter.com/rjochoa/status/1...223585292?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd give up a 4th or 5th round pick for Njoku in a heartbeat.
    Young and plenty of talent. He'd look real good in a Packers uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I'd give up a 4th or 5th round pick for Njoku in a heartbeat.
    Young and plenty of talent. He'd look real good in a Packers uniform.
    They want a 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    They want a 1st.

Iím sure they do, I was just responding to the original post. I donít think anybody will give up their first for him, but he should definitely bring in more than a 4th/5th rounder.

It would be pretty exciting to see that Browns offense with an improved O-Line, great RB combo, and a healthy Landry/OBJ/Njoku/Hooper. I know some people are giving up on Baker but I canít see any way he doesnít make it work with that stacked of an offense.

They want a 1st.

Good luck getting that. They hurt his value with signing Hooper to suck a big contract and basically making Njoku expendable. Add on him asking for a trade and it's a lock on 3rd round at best.

I read that Dallas is out on him. I think Buffalo, New England, Carolina, Arizona all make sense for him.

They want a 1st.

and I want an 8 figure lottery win

...if they get better than a 4th, it'll be a coup for them
    talented, but missed most of last year injured, and expendable...his value to a team may be tremendous still, his trade value not so much
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

They want a 1st.

LOL, I wouldn't even give a first for Jamal Adams right now, much less Njoku.

If I am the Redskins, I am definitely interested and would offer a fourth or fifth rounder, OR a straight up swap for Ryan Anderson. Otherwise, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    LOL, I wouldn't even give a first for Jamal Adams right now, much less Njoku.

If I am the Redskins, I am definitely interested and would offer a fourth or fifth rounder, OR a straight up swap for Ryan Anderson. Otherwise, I'm out.
    Njoku has 2 years left on his contract; Jalen Ramsey was worth two 1st round picks on the last 1.5 years of his contract and Khalil Mack on his last year. Obviously Mack and Njoku are a bad comparison, but Ramsey and Adams are pretty close. I think something like a 2nd round pick swap for a 6th and Njoku would be a fair price. I doubt Adams is changing teams for less than a 1st.

I don't blame him for wanting a trade. With the Hooper signing and Harrison Bryant drafting (along with the other offensive weapons), it leaves little room for him to inflate his numbers for a decent contract in a couple years.

I'd be happy with a 4th rounder. Ecstatic for anything higher. Njoku is a terrible blocker and has inconsistent hands. Very athletic, though.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Njoku has 2 years left on his contract; Jalen Ramsey was worth two 1st round picks on the last 1.5 years of his contract and Khalil Mack on his last year. Obviously Mack and Njoku are a bad comparison, but Ramsey and Adams are pretty close. I think something like a 2nd round pick swap for a 6th and Njoku would be a fair price. I doubt Adams is changing teams for less than a 1st.
    Corner is much higher on a list of roster importance than a strong safety though. Ramsay or Mack can transcend a defense.

I usually hate trading first round pick(s) and then turning around and giving out a big contract. It makes more sense to sign a FA to that deal and use the first rounder on a draftable talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Corner is much higher on a list of roster importance than a strong safety though. Ramsay or Mack can transcend a defense.
    I disagree with that due to the evolution of the passing game. Tight ends are an integral part of offenses and nickel is the new base defense. So to have a player who can both cover tight ends and defend the run is a very valuable asset. Of course the general perception isn't that yet, but I'd argue this type of hybrid player is the most important asset to have in the back 7. Ramsey clearly did not transcend the Rams defense in 2019, and the Jags defense also fell off in 2018. Meanwhile players like Kam Chancellor, Keanu Neal, and Derwin James have a big effect on their respective defenses as evident in their absence. I also don't see the transition from Malcolm Jenkins to Jalen Mills to go that smoothly.

Pass rusher I think is more important still.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 07-05-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Good luck getting that. They hurt his value with signing Hooper to suck a big contract and basically making Njoku expendable. Add on him asking for a trade and it's a lock on 3rd round at best.

I read that Dallas is out on him. I think Buffalo, New England, Carolina, Arizona all make sense for him.
    I believe Dallas is out on him for a 1st. Really kind of the same scenario as Jamal Adams (when it comes to the Cowboys interest). They have a promising young guy at the position already and are not willing to give up a 1st. Now if that price comes down to a 3rd or below I think the Cowboys would be in on this.

How good is this guy supposed to be? I mentioned this before Dallas signed 1 of the best blocking tight ends in football , gave Jarwin a new contract hoping his flashes are real as far as a receiving TE . And actually it was more then flashes he looked electrifying when the ball went his way plus Dalton Shultz who is unproven but called by Zach Ertz HC the best overall TE he ever coached . I just donít see this move happening. 4 tight ends? Or do you let Shultz walk without seeing him play . Thatís a wasted pick . Dallas values itís picks as high as anyone in football maybe the highest . This isnít happening .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    How good is this guy supposed to be? I mentioned this before Dallas signed 1 of the best blocking tight ends in football , gave Jarwin a new contract hoping his flashes are real as far as a receiving TE . And actually it was more then flashes he looked electrifying when the ball went his way plus Dalton Shultz who is unproven but called by Zach Ertz HC the best overall TE he ever coached . I just donít see this move happening. 4 tight ends? Or do you let Shultz walk without seeing him play . Thatís a wasted pick . Dallas values itís picks as high as anyone in football maybe the highest . This isnít happening .
    Njoku was a 1st round pick, so he's supposed to be pretty good. But he missed most of last season due to injury. If he wasn't a 1st round pick, you'd never hear trade demands out of his camp.

Dalton Schultz was a 4th round pick in 2018 who played 10% of offensive snaps last year despite being healthy. So it's doubtful he's better than Zach Ertz. You really need to tone down your hype of Dallas draft picks a little bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast