Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What...what happened to this place?

Jesus, I just logged in to see how the site was doing, and wow.

I used to be a super mod here and it was very active. What happened?

When you left, things went bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

holy crap been a while... hope you are here to stay

People moved on to bigger communities with more hands off modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    When you left, things went bad.
    That sucks. I used to love this site. I finally have enough free time again to justify posting and this is what it became 😢

The forum medium as a whole is drying up. There are still some active forums, but it isn't the numbers that were being done in 2010-11, and 2013-14. We've had about the same levels of activity for the past 2 years or so. I've continued to ask for an updated forum software, as we've had features that haven't worked for almost four years going back to a 2016 hacking, but there hasn't been any movement on that front.

Rush and I took over for SI in the middle of 2016, and we've tried to stay hands off with moderation for the most part, trying to use warnings before handing out infractions. We also had an amnesty period of forgiving infraction points and inviting back some of the banned members from the past. We are also trying to emphasize creating more threads so lurkers and guests can see there are active topics, but a lot of the posters still left in some of the team forums like to stay in "general" stickied threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    The forum medium as a whole is drying up. There are still some active forums, but it isn't the numbers that were being done in 2010-11, and 2013-14. We've had about the same levels of activity for the past 2 years or so. I've continued to ask for an updated forum software, as we've had features that haven't worked for almost four years going back to a 2016 hacking, but there hasn't been any movement on that front.

Rush and I took over for SI in the middle of 2016, and we've tried to stay hands off with moderation for the most part, trying to use warnings before handing out infractions. We also had an amnesty period of forgiving infraction points and inviting back some of the banned members from the past. We are also trying to emphasize creating more threads so lurkers and guests can see there are active topics, but a lot of the posters still left in some of the team forums like to stay in "general" stickied threads.
    Thanks for the response. Good to see you still here.

8. 01-04-2020, 04:40 PM
    Reason
    Duplicate account- TT

I just came on here to see if the OOTP forum was still active and much to my dismay even those leagues disbanded.

I'd like to get back into OOTP and since the forum is a ghost town im tempted to set up shop there but I dont even know if we can find 30 owners at this point.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    I just came on here to see if the OOTP forum was still active and much to my dismay even those leagues disbanded.

I'd like to get back into OOTP and since the forum is a ghost town im tempted to set up shop there but I dont even know if we can find 30 owners at this point.
    Id be interested!

Id be interested!
    Only way possible would be to find some of the OGs who might be interested in playing again. Ill leave this thread out and in the GD for anyone who is interested.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

When I click reply to thread it deletes my message so I can only post quick replies. I am also unable to start new threads but I have posted more than 10 replies.

Can someone please advise.