Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Name change discussion thread

Honestly its been just a matter of time for years now. I'm just hoping the new name/logo isn't corny.

Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    Honestly its been just a matter of time for years now. I'm just hoping the new name/logo isn't corny.
    Given Snyder's history with running this team, I don't think he will pull off a successful switch if that's what they do.

OMG, I'm in several FB groups and there are as many suggestions as there are members. Some of the better ones are Warriors, Renegades, Braves , while some of the terrible ones are Natives, Redtails, Monuments etc. Personally, I like renegades and keep the same uniforms and the R on the helmet with a spear through it......

White Sox & Redskins Forever

If it's Redtails, as many want, I'm done with them........that is far more divisive than Redskins...

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    If it's Redtails, as many want, I'm done with them........that is far more divisive than Redskins...
    That is a name I wouldn't go anywhere near. Also, going anywhere close to anything related to Native Americans. The Braves would be bad because that was the team name under Marshall before he changed it. If they go with Warriors, that's better, but they can't have any imagery that would relate back, including the spear.

Well, I disagree because I think they should stay with the same theme and uniform. Maybe a new helmet design, but, honoring the American Indian is a good thing......if a total change is coming...might as well go with the old Federals uniform.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Well, I disagree because I think they should stay with the same theme and uniform. Maybe a new helmet design, but, honoring the American Indian is a good thing......if a total change is coming...might as well go with the old Federals uniform.....lol
    But in this current climate we find ourselves with the name, people even want FSU to change the Seminoles name, even though the tribe has approved it. So even names honoring American Indians, some people want gone. If we honor them, it will always be not honoring them to someone else. If they really want to get away from this, there needs to be a clean break.

For the record......look at how many times their press release mentioned Redskins. Then go look at how many times the Cleveland Indians press release for the same thing later that day mentioned Indians. If thatís not a subtle indication that Snyder is still entrenched against changing the name, I donít know what is.

Since Dan Snyder has owned this team, it has been an outhouse dumpster fire. The only thing we had to hold on to was past glory, and now that little bastard is selling even that out. Great job, Danny: the one thing you did right was to cling to our victorious past like grim death, and now you have sold out on that. It's hard enough to like this team, and watching you fold to a bunch of soyboys who won't ever be fans is just sickening. DIAF, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Salo View Post
    Since Dan Snyder has owned this team, it has been an outhouse dumpster fire. The only thing we had to hold on to was past glory, and now that little bastard is selling even that out. Great job, Danny: the one thing you did right was to cling to our victorious past like grim death, and now you have sold out on that. It's hard enough to like this team, and watching you fold to a bunch of soyboys who won't ever be fans is just sickening. DIAF, Dan.
    pretty much how I feel... if the name change is to pretty much anything other than just dropping the "red" and just be called the Washington Skins, I'm out. Only team I'll be pulling for is my fantasy team... I'll probably even lose my hatred for Dallas honestly.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Red Wolves is kinda cool.

Apparently the official announcement is imminent, 24-48 hours is what I heard.

And a press conference is scheduled for tomorrow to announce the retirement of Redskins with a new name TBD

its been good fellas!!
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    its been good fellas!!
    This one hurts, but with everything set to be whitewashed and the team being as bad as they've been, my ability to care is gone. It sucks but it is what it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast