Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That's probably the easiest path to move forward with when a chance eventually happens, but i don't think Warriors (with an Amerindian style arrow/feather logo) is future proof. Someone will eventually take offense that it portrays Amerindians as war savages or something.
    Yea, I agree if/when it gets changed, its going to have to be something "future proof" like you said, or at least forseeable future proof.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Yea, I agree if/when it gets changed, its going to have to be something "future proof" like you said, or at least forseeable future proof.
    “Washington Football Club” just doesn’t have the same ring.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    “Washington Football Club” just doesn’t have the same ring.
    Nothing will

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

As someone who has had a beloved franchise move out of town on them I call bull on jumping ship just because the team changed name. It’s not “basically a new team”. If you would change fandom over a change in mascot maybe you aren’t really a fan. [emoji2369]
    ok, so Ive thought about this.. and I know Im speaking for myself, but I feel like theres more than just a handful of other fans that might feel this way. Ever since Snyder has taken over the team we've pretty much sucked and most of that sucking is because of Snyder. Hell, new people that I meet that are cowboys/eagles/giants whatever fans that give me a hard time about being a redskins fan, lately Ive been telling them "in all honesty, I probably hate the team more than you and I wish I could change teams but I cant because its in my DNA/blood" Now given all that I can at least be like well at least hes standing strong with the name, at least I can still wear my John Riggins jersey, or my Darrell Green jersey. Now if we continue to suck, he changes the name and then I have to take down all my Redskins stuff and I cant wear my apparel. Like whats going to happen with old footage from when we were actually good? Are all the players going to be running around with blurs over their jerseys, helmets, and scoreboards? Can the players no longer wear their superbowl rings? So no, technically it wont be a new team, but its gonna feel like an all new one
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 07-03-2020 at 11:23 AM.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

On Friday, the Redskins announced in a press release that they are undergoing “a thorough review of the team’s name.”

so the question is will it be changed before this season?

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

ok, so Ive thought about this.. and I know Im speaking for myself, but I feel like theres more than just a handful of other fans that might feel this way. Ever since Snyder has taken over the team we've pretty much sucked and most of that sucking is because of Snyder. Hell, new people that I meet that are cowboys/eagles/giants whatever fans that give me a hard time about being a redskins fan, lately Ive been telling them "in all honesty, I probably hate the team more than you and I wish I could change teams but I cant because its in my DNA/blood" Now given all that I can at least be like well at least hes standing strong with the name. Now if we continue to suck, he changes the name and then I have to take down all my Redskins stuff and I cant wear my apparel. Like whats going to happen with old footage from when we were actually good? Are all the players going to be running around with blurs over their jerseys, helmets, and scoreboards? Can the players no longer wear their superbowl rings? So no, technically it wont be a new team, but its gonna feel like an all new one
    My apathy is high with how much we suck. This just cements it for me.

On Friday, the Redskins announced in a press release that they are undergoing “a thorough review of the team’s name.”

so the question is will it be changed before this season?
    No I don’t think so. Branding will probably take a year or two to figure out. Or Snyder is hoping things blow over by that time.

I like the Washington Revolution. Call them the Revs for short. Blue or red helmets with stars...grey or white uniforms with red and blue strips down the side. Some **** like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    No I don’t think so. Branding will probably take a year or two to figure out. Or Snyder is hoping things blow over by that time.
    I dont know man, if its decided that its being changed I think the process will be pretty swift, or at least they wont be the redskins this year... maybe blank helmets and uniforms

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

As someone who has had a beloved franchise move out of town on them I call bull on jumping ship just because the team changed name. It’s not “basically a new team”. If you would change fandom over a change in mascot maybe you aren’t really a fan. [emoji2369]
    I'm a Panthers fan. If they are no longer the Panthers, I have literally no ties to them other than players who are still around. If we suddenly became the Carolina BBQers, why tf would I have any obligation to be a ride-or-die fan? I'm a ride-or-die Panthers fan, which is evident given that the team looks nothing like the team I've watched the last decade, minus the logo and location. I would have to seriously consider if i want to repurchase every Panthers item and convert my Panthers mancave into whatever they change to.

To take it a step further, people who bail on their teams for moving to a different location weren't real fans, they're just hometown fans.

I dont know man, if its decided that its being changed I think the process will be pretty swift, or at least they wont be the redskins this year... maybe blank helmets and uniforms
    I think the equipment issue will disappear quickly. Theres no way the Skins don't have contracts with these companies, i bet Nike especially has an obligation to sell their merchandise given that they're the overall NFL merchandising company.

ok, so Ive thought about this.. and I know Im speaking for myself, but I feel like theres more than just a handful of other fans that might feel this way. Ever since Snyder has taken over the team we've pretty much sucked and most of that sucking is because of Snyder. Hell, new people that I meet that are cowboys/eagles/giants whatever fans that give me a hard time about being a redskins fan, lately Ive been telling them "in all honesty, I probably hate the team more than you and I wish I could change teams but I cant because its in my DNA/blood" Now given all that I can at least be like well at least hes standing strong with the name, at least I can still wear my John Riggins jersey, or my Darrell Green jersey. Now if we continue to suck, he changes the name and then I have to take down all my Redskins stuff and I cant wear my apparel. Like whats going to happen with old footage from when we were actually good? Are all the players going to be running around with blurs over their jerseys, helmets, and scoreboards? Can the players no longer wear their superbowl rings? So no, technically it wont be a new team, but its gonna feel like an all new one
    This would not happen. If you are also a fan of the Washington Wizards, they used to be known as the Washington Bullets. I can find plenty of highlights of that team online and the word Bullets is not blurred out.

They would be changing the team name, not taking away its history.

Nothing will
    I don't think the name Redskins is a particularly good name even if it wasn't offensive. Imagine a team named the Greenskins... sounds pretty stupid. Redskins as a team name has a history and that's the only reason it's considered good.

How about:
    - Washington Mustangs?
    - Washington Raptors?
    - Washington Explorers?

Sounds pretty good and Snyder could get some money from Ford.

well heres the deal... you said if they change the name youll probably be done with the team, I am of that mindset also. Theyre not going to gain any fans by changing the name(or at least an amount thats noticeable). Football fans are already football fans, theres not going to be anyone that converts from another team, so how much new merchandise will he really sell? Whos going to buy a bravehearts shirt or whatever other name he might have in mind?
    I have a theory that the NFL could support a few teams that don't even have fans. Just look at the Chargers. If the home stadiums get sold out even to opposing fans the owners have no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I agree. Even if Snyder agreed to change the name today, he'd still have to figure out a new mascot, hire a design firm for the logo, etc.

The delay may not be a bad thing. It will give their fans time to absorb the change. I know in the heat of the moment some of their fans are screaming bloody murder that they'd sooner drop the team and cease to be fans before they accept change. But I'm willing to bet many more will come around. They'll realize that it's the sport that they're addicted to, not just the mascot. And if the team becomes a winning franchise, all the better for the transition.

But I disagree that Snyder would wait for this to blow over. Something feels different about the changes occurring in this country. It's not something that you can casually write off as cancel culture, although, yes, there's a bit of that going on, too. But this is not that.

There have been debates over the Washington mascot for decades now. I've heard the same accounts that some tribes are for it, while others aren't. Personally, I feel that if just one tribe is offended, then a change is warranted. Delete the term and don't look back. I wish that same logic applied to the "N" word. But that's a topic for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    This would not happen. If you are also a fan of the Washington Wizards, they used to be known as the Washington Bullets. I can find plenty of highlights of that team online and the word Bullets is not blurred out.

They would be changing the team name, not taking away its history.
    Bullets its not a team name that is deemed to be racist. Oilers isnt a name that is deemed to be racist. By changing the name from Redskins its acknowledging that its a racist name... you think the NFL is going to be ok with racist names and logos in its footage?

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast