Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    This is always a matter of people not wanting what they know to change. Once that generation passes, it doesn't matter. Does anyone really think that people in the DC area who have grown up in the last 25 years give a **** that the Washington Wizards were once named Washington Bullets?

Look, I get the Redskins have history and are extremely popular. It doesn't the fact that its a racist name. The only reason why it wasn't changed sooner is because Native Americans don't have the same representation other minorities do and because Daniel Snyder is a sleazebag. He won't change the name when fans make it an issue but he will once corporate sponsors start dropping him like a sack of ****.

Call it SJW. Call it whatever but there is no way a team would get away with trying to call themselves the "Blackskins" or the "Yellowskins". I'm glad its gone. Its like all the people who were against the Cleveland Indians and dropping Chief Wahoo. 2 years later and hardly anyone cares.

Just something to momentarily raise people's pitchforks about.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-13-2020 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    How does it feel to be on the side of history that we're running so low on actual problems that we're going after a private business name that's existed for nearly a century? I mean, feel however you want to feel about it, but let's not act like being offended makes you some noble saint or something. "Wrong side of history" seems more applicable to the people 10 years ago fighting to prevent gay marriage than the product boycotts we're seeing in 2020.
    So low on actual problems? Oh jeebus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is always a matter of people not wanting what they know to change. Once that generation passes, it doesn't matter. Does anyone really think that people in the DC area who have grown up in the last 25 years gives a **** that the Washington Wizards were once named Washington Bullets?

Look, I get the Redskins have history and are extremely popular. It doesn't the fact that its a racist name. The only reason why it wasn't changed sooner is because Native Americans don't have the same representation other minorities do and because Daniel Snyder is a sleazebag. He won't change the name when fans make it an issue but he will once corporate sponsors start dropping him like a sack of ****.

Call it SJW. Call it whatever but there is no way a team would get away with trying to call themselves the "Blackskins" or the "Yellowskins". I'm glad its gone. Its like all the people who were against the Cleveland Indians and dropping Chief Wahoo. 2 years later and hardly anyone cares.

Just something to momentarily raise people's pitchforks about.
    I couldnít care less about the Redskins or Indians names or logos. Iím not a fan of either team. What I do care about is the slippery slope that weíve already started down by coddling the thin-skinned and perpetually offended. If you think that the cancellations wonít eventually come for something you care about, youíre fooling yourself. Cancel culture is a wild fire kept ablaze by the irrational and ignorant. It will eventually consume everything.

There is nothing absurd about changing a team name that is a RACIAL SLUR. Doesnt matter what people say about it.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I couldnít care less about the Redskins or Indians names or logos. Iím not a fan of either team. What I do care about is the slippery slope that weíve already started down by coddling the thin-skinned and perpetually offended. If you think that the cancellations wonít eventually come for something you care about, youíre fooling yourself. Cancel culture is a wild fire kept ablaze by the irrational and ignorant. It will eventually consume everything.
    That's an easy argument to fall back on. That where does the line stop. In this instance it stopped with a racist team name so, in other words, right where it was supposed to. It should have happened years ago.

I'm no fan of cancel culture. I think it goes too far as well but this I have no problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    There is nothing absurd about changing a team name that is a RACIAL SLUR. Doesnt matter what people say about it.

Should we rename crackers? Someone, somewhere, might be offended by it. Club crackers is even more offensive. Itís very name suggests superiority and promotes racial exclusion!

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's an easy argument to fall back on. That where does the line stop. In this instance it stopped with a racist team name so, in other words, right where it was supposed to. It should have happened years ago.

I'm no fan of cancel culture. I think it goes too far as well but this I have no problem with.
    Thatís my point, though. It wonít stop here. It wonít actually stop at all.

Should we rename crackers? Someone, somewhere, might be offended by it. Club crackers is even more offensive. Itís very name suggests superiority and promotes racial exclusion!
    Comparing cracker to redskins or n-word is a false equivalence

Click here to register!

Comparing cracker to redskins or n-word is a false equivalence

Who are you to decide whatís more offensive?

Who are you to decide whatís more offensive?
    Lol. U srsly r comprng thm lolz

Last edited by blams; 07-13-2020 at 01:47 AM.

Click here to register!

Lol. U srsly r comprng thm lolz

Good recognition of sarcasm, blams.

Thatís my point, though. It wonít stop here. It wonít actually stop at all.
    This specific example is not about cancel culture though. Its about righting a wrong. Something that should have never happened in the first place but it was a different world in the 1930s.

And everyone slept better at night and lived happily ever after, right?

Your being offended by something doesnít mean that it should be removed or changed. There was a time when blaspheming the name of God in music, television, and pop culture would never have been culturally acceptable, but in 2020 it is. I personally find it repulsive, but that doesnít give me the right to demand it be removed. I simply choose not to watch or listen.

it. is. racist.

it has no place in society, just because you're ok with racism doesnt mean society is as well

sorry we've had to drag you bigots kicking and screaming into the 21st century but, GET THE **** OVER IT.

its changed. you lost
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

as for your ridiculous cracker false equivalence - god ****ing damn are you stupid

cracker was never used as a term to belittle or dehumanize an entire race because they were thought to be inferior. those two things are not even remotely close to the same.

and trying to say "next we're going to change the name of crackers!!1!1!!1" shows you are completely disconnected from reality and how ****ing racist society is and why things are changing.

society decided we're over racism. get over it and stop crying or die on the wrong side of history
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    as for your ridiculous cracker false equivalence - god ****ing damn are you stupid

cracker was never used as a term to belittle or dehumanize an entire race because they were thought to be inferior. those two things are not even remotely close to the same.

and trying to say "next we're going to change the name of crackers!!1!1!!1" shows you are completely disconnected from reality and how ****ing racist society is and why things are changing.

society decided we're over racism. get over it and stop crying or die on the wrong side of history
    Triggered much? The post was sarcastic. You SJWs sure are a good time.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast