Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Can Eagles be racists?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. Anti Americans likely hate the bald eagle.

Everything can be racist or offensive if you try hard enough.

OK, so if they chose Warriors........what's the logo? At least Golden State has a totally non-native logo
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Eagles fans are perfectly capable of cringe ("Garcia, baby, he's our baby"), but I've never seen a whole stadium of fans flapping their arms and doing eagle screeches.
    That would be pretty funny though.

Keep the name and logo. No level of appeasement will ever be enough for the perpetually offended fragile white saviors of the SJW mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Keep the name and logo. No level of appeasement will ever be enough for the perpetually offended fragile white saviors of the SJW mob.
    especially when the country is literally built on racist symbols.

how does it feel to perpetually be on the wrong side of history?
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post

What did he say that was wrong?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Redskins nickname will be retired Monday
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Redskins nickname will be retired Monday
    My tickets are paid for, so I am going to try it this season. But if everything is stricken from the team's history, I'm probably going to be done. At that point, the Redskins become an expansion team to me and I've got no ties to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    jumping through the hoops? Signing his name on a piece of paper with a bunch of 0s on it isnt really jumping through hoops IMO
    The guy who picked up the trademark reportedly has at least 50 other team names trademarked just trying to get a check from Snyder.

How does it feel to be on the side of history that we're running so low on actual problems that we're going after a private business name that's existed for nearly a century? I mean, feel however you want to feel about it, but let's not act like being offended makes you some noble saint or something. "Wrong side of history" seems more applicable to the people 10 years ago fighting to prevent gay marriage than the product boycotts we're seeing in 2020.

What is the benefit of removing the franchise’s name or logo, other than to appease a group of people who wish to put their own sense of moral superiority on display?

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    How does it feel to be on the side of history that we're running so low on actual problems that we're going after a private business name that's existed for nearly a century? I mean, feel however you want to feel about it, but let's not act like being offended makes you some noble saint or something. "Wrong side of history" seems more applicable to the people 10 years ago fighting to prevent gay marriage than the product boycotts we're seeing in 2020.
    you think we have no problems, seriously? do you know literally nothing about native and African american history in the US? racist policies trying to keep them in poverty have existed as recent as the 2000s, and you want to act like zero problems exist?

and, again, racist monuments and imagery are sown into every fabric of society, and you want to act like that ISNT a problem? ****ing seriously?

yes, you guys are flat out on the wrong side of history.

in 500 years when history is taught, do you really believe people will think that racism magically ended in society with the end of segregation?

because only 56 years has passed since segregation ended, where black people were still being actively lynched and MILLIONS of white people were protesting to KEEP SEGREGATION. it's only been 56 years. people in their 20s at the time are in their 70s today. this was extremely recent

the future will see the early 2000s as still being extremely racist, and they'll point to NUMEROUS racist **** still happening and existing as proof.

so yes, you are on the wrong side of history
    Last edited by basch152; 07-13-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    What is the benefit of removing the franchise’s name or logo, other than to appease a group of people who wish to put their own sense of moral superiority on display?
    not having a racist name as a professional sports team.

that's the benefit.

extremely simple

in a few decades people are going to be amazed that there was a team named the Redskins in the 20s and be even more amazed that people DIDNT think that was incredibly racist
    Last edited by basch152; 07-13-2020 at 12:23 AM.

not having a racist name as a professional sports team.

that's the benefit.

extremely simple

in a few decades people are going to be amazed that there was a team named the Redskins in the 20s and be even more amazed that people DIDNT think that was incredibly racist
    And everyone slept better at night and lived happily ever after, right?

Your being offended by something doesn’t mean that it should be removed or changed. There was a time when blaspheming the name of God in music, television, and pop culture would never have been culturally acceptable, but in 2020 it is. I personally find it repulsive, but that doesn’t give me the right to demand it be removed. I simply choose not to watch or listen.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    "So low on actual problems".. now go stand in front of a mirror and repeat that to yourself without laughing at how ****ing stupid that sounds

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast