Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    [emoji23]

Washington might be the third. Rumor has it someone close to Snyder did file a trademark for Sentinels.
    Only if their logo is John Wick's face. Otherwise no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Going out on a limb, I'm gonna say this isn't the uplifting and generationally inspiring name they were working on.

Reality is there's likely a name they've decided on that they can't get resolved re trademarks, etc in the next few weeks.

That said, the expansion NHL team in Seattle is....the Kraken....first team with a mascot found in a movie?
    Everything about the Kraken is awesome. Great logo, great color scheme, already beginning to troll on Twitter with their bio.

Meanwhile, Snyder is doing this to sell extra merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It's very similar to the name I am giving my next dog.

Name: Dog
    Pronounced: Dee-oh-gee
    I literally have said I'm going to name my next dog that lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Everything about the Kraken is awesome. Great logo, great color scheme, already beginning to troll on Twitter with their bio.

Meanwhile, Snyder is doing this to sell extra merchandise.
    I agree.... I think the Kraken name is super cool. Even cooler that their fans are the Krakheads lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't think it's that they know there won't be a season, I just think they have legal issues to resolve on a new name they've selected OR just haven't settled on one..........and the clock is ticking to create and agree on a new logo and uniform designs before the season starts.

Or they could have just kept the old name for another season and changed the logo to
    I'm not disagreeing with anything you said, I'm just saying it's a possibility... a complete rebrand in roughly 30 days would be very hard even if they decided on a new name today.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with anything you said, I'm just saying it's a possibility... a complete rebrand in roughly 30 days would be very hard even if they decided on a new name today.
    Terry Bateman (talking to Keim) and Ron Rivera (TV appearance this morning) basically put the timeframe at 14-18 months.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if Snyder is hoping this blows over and he eventually slides the name back in.

Terry Bateman (talking to Keim) and Ron Rivera (TV appearance this morning) basically put the timeframe at 14-18 months.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if Snyder is hoping this blows over and he eventually slides the name back in.
    If he was smart he wouldn't have killed the name until he had a new one in place. He would've had 90% of whiners off his back just by announcing the team would be changing names.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    If he was smart he wouldn't have killed the name until he had a new one in place. He would've had 90% of whiners off his back just by announcing the team would be changing names.
    couldnt really do that though... by changing the name its admitting/acknowledging/giving in/whatever you wanna call it that Redskins is racist/racial slur. By doing that they basically would be saying, -we acknowledge that our team name is a racial slur and we will be changing it, but in the mean time while we pick the new name we will continued to be called this racial slur-
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

As a Texans fan, I'm glad we somehow retained being only the 2nd dumbest team name in the NFL
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    As a Texans fan, I'm glad we somehow retained being only the 2nd dumbest team name in the NFL
    If we go with Red Wolves, you will still have the 2nd dumbest team name.

If we go with Red Wolves, you will still have the 2nd dumbest team name.
    Red Wolves is the only cool name and mascot being tied to the name change.

It's pretty damn cool and blows everything else (Sentinels, etc...) out of the water IMO. I hope that's what they go with.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

I think it's pretty lame ripping off a small college name but that's just me.

I think it's pretty lame ripping off a small college name but that's just me.
    According to the NCAA there's 1,268 enrolled universities. This of course doesn't include for profit universities, community colleges, and junior colleges.

Basically.....it's been done no matter what you pick.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast