Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    That pretty much sums it up.. now I'm not going to switch teams, im going to root for my fantasy team, and every team playing against Dallas. My BFF is a panthers fan so I probably will partially be rooting for them, but I won't have a team where I have an invested interest in.
    not quite the same thing, but I grew up following Minnesota teams because they were local to me and my dad and older brothers followed them.....there was no Timberwolves so I didn't have an NBA team until I moved to Oregon and became a Blazer fan. However, I could rarely see the Vikings games out there, so tried to become a Seahawks fan.....I don't know how people do it, I couldn't really get into the Seahawks as MY team..that was and always will be the Vikings, for better or worse...didn't have the same issue with baseball because, sadly, when my Twins won in '87 and '91 I wasn't really following baseball

not saying you guys would be like me....never really able to change teams or enjoy the sport...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Nope. **** the team when they move.
    If the Eagles move, I'd probably start rooting for the Ravens, so you better hope that doesn't happen, or I'll be even more insufferable.

Washington... Redskins?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    If the Eagles move, I'd probably start rooting for the Ravens, so you better hope that doesn't happen, or I'll be even more insufferable.
    I was born in CT so I was a Hartford Whalers fan before they moved to Carolina and became the Hurricanes. You should see the way I am with this fans, Bruins fans, and Rangers fans. Lol

But for the most part I swore off the NHL when they moved. **** that league.

Basically. I wouldn’t blame you for anything you do on the -100% chance the Eagles move.

EDIT-
    If you want to be insufferable to me in that case root for the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    not quite the same thing, but I grew up following Minnesota teams because they were local to me and my dad and older brothers followed them.....there was no Timberwolves so I didn't have an NBA team until I moved to Oregon and became a Blazer fan. However, I could rarely see the Vikings games out there, so tried to become a Seahawks fan.....I don't know how people do it, I couldn't really get into the Seahawks as MY team..that was and always will be the Vikings, for better or worse...didn't have the same issue with baseball because, sadly, when my Twins won in '87 and '91 I wasn't really following baseball

not saying you guys would be like me....never really able to change teams or enjoy the sport...
    Oh, its not a bad thing that I wont have to waste a Sunday watching how much of an embarrassment my football team is anymore. Itll be nice to have an extra weekend day to do other stuff
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Oh, its not a bad thing that I wont have to waste a Sunday watching how much of an embarrassment my football team is anymore. Itll be nice to have an extra weekend day to do other stuff
    I kinda get your reasoning but I still don't really understand why a name change would be the last straw. It's not the worst thing thing Snyder ever did, and it's not like the name Redskins isn't already associated with a quarter century of underperformance, so why would a name change suddenly make you self-conscious about wearing Redskins gear? I would bet 99.5% of people who saw you wear your Riggins or Taylor jerseys don't even know who these players are.

I kinda get your reasoning but I still don't really understand why a name change would be the last straw. It's not the worst thing thing Snyder ever did, and it's not like the name Redskins isn't already associated with a quarter century of underperformance, so why would a name change suddenly make you self-conscious about wearing Redskins gear? I would bet 99.5% of people who saw you wear your Riggins or Taylor jerseys don't even know who these players are.
    It's not that it's the worst thing, it's that it would no longer be the same. For some who root for the city, it wouldn't be a big deal, but for those who root for the Redskins, that's not the same team. At that point they can evaluate if they care about the rest of what's left (the city, the ownership, the current coaches and players, the new team name).

Also, any fan who doesn't recognize a Taylor or a Riggins jersey isn't someone who i would care about anyhow. If a Redskins fan can't identify two of their best players, there're probably not very invested fans to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Looks like we’re about to lose the only two redskin posters in here.
    Nah, I’d have them Browns fans in no time. The TRUE America’s team.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Washington Red Feathers sounds good.

Found this on google.

Red feather meaning
    Red represents vitality, the life force, physical energy and strength, passion, power and courage. If you encounter a red feather, it may be a sign that you are becoming stronger, or getting your strength back after a health issue.
    Last edited by BSF101; 07-06-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Vince to Gronk

why would a name change suddenly make you self-conscious about wearing Redskins gear?
    Bc imo changing the name will be recognizing/admitting/whatever as the name being racist

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

I saw that the name Redtails is one of the favorites.

Seems like pretty accurate mascot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bc imo changing the name will be recognizing/admitting/whatever as the name being racist
    Yeah, I don't think I would be wearing any of my old gear out there.

I will still proudly display my full-size Darrell Green signed HOF helmet though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I would be wearing any of my old gear out there.

I will still proudly display my full-size Darrell Green signed HOF helmet though.
    ebay/Facebook market place

Yea, Ive got an authentic signed Chris Cooley helmet in my man room. Not sure what ima do with it

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Just curious, does this change the calculus for anyone who thinks that there aren't any tribes who are opposed to the team's current name and mascot? Or have you reached the point where you want what you want no matter how many tribes call for a change? Again, just curious.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...?ocid=msedgntp

Here's some I came up with

Washington Senators
    Washington Red Feathers
    Washington Monuments
    Washington Bombers
    Washington Torpedoes

Vince to Gronk

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast