Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

6 66.67%
  • Wilt Chamberlain

1 11.11%
  • Larry Bird

1 11.11%
  • Shaquille O'Neal

1 11.11%
  • Tim Duncan

0 0%
  • Magic Johnson

0 0%
  • Kobe Bryant

0 0%
  • Hakeem Olajuwon

0 0%
  • Moses Malone

0 0%
  • Bill Russell

0 0%
  • Stephen Curry

0 0%
  • Kevin Durant

0 0%
  • Dr. J

0 0%
  • Bill Walton

0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

0 0%
  • James Harden

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

0 0%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Rankings - Peak Only (Not career, not prime) - #3

Generally when discussing the GOAT player it is important that you look at their career. MVPs / Rings / All-NBA Teams / etc. But this ranking throws all that out the window. 1 game. At their absolute best. Who you taking?

#1.) Michael Jordan
    #2.) LeBron James
    #3.)
    #4.)
    #5.)
    #6.)
    #7.)
    #8.)
    #9.)
    #10.)
    #11.)
    #12.)
    #13.)
    #14.)
    #15.)
    #16.)
    #17.)
    #18.)
    #19.)
    #20.)
    #21.)
    #22.)
    #23.)
    #24.)
    #25.)

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Gimme Kareem.

This bas turned into a joke real fast.

did anyone even specify which bron year(s)?

anyways, gimme 68 Wilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

anyways, gimme 68 Wilt.
    No but whatever the Bron stream media says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Gimme Kareem.
    My pick as well. Every game 30 points - 15 boards - 5 dimes - 4 blocks with the an unguardable skyhook? Thank you!

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    This bas turned into a joke real fast.
    bas?

Because Bron came in 2nd?

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

anyways, gimme 68 Wilt.
    I said for me his peak is probably 12-13. late 20s. Still physically at his best and was shooting 56% from the field and 40% from 3pt.

Kristaps Porzingis

Kareem off to an early 3-1-1 lead.

So far the list is looking eerily similar to a career GOAT list.

MJ
    Bron
    KAJ

Kristaps Porzingis

[
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 07-02-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    bas?

Because Bron came in 2nd?
    Well, duh.
    I'm struggling to picture Lebron in the top 20 in terms of Peak.

Larry Bird
    Julius Erving
    Grant Hill
    Tracy McGrady
    Dominique Wilkins
    Elgin Baylor
    Kevin Durant
    Bernard King

All of these are just the SFs which could rank higher in terms of peak over Lebron. And then there's some others that could enter the picture.

What Lebron has over most of these guys is sustainability of his top level. Some of these guys had an extremely short lived peak or suffered from injuries. Lebron was blessed with good fortune to never get a serious injury and he's also been at a high level for almost 20 years now, but his peak is nowhere near as high as Larry Bird, Grant Hill, Tmac or Dr J. The rest are arguable but I'd take peak Nique (lol sounds like pic nic), King and Baylor over Lebron as well. Durant is also a contender here.

And peak Lebron is not 2012-13. He didn't magically become a great shooter, he just shot much less than other seasons because he was quite bad at it. And "peak Lebron" with the most stacked team in the league barely managed to beat a fatigued Spurs thanks to a clutch 3 from Ray Allen and peak Lebron in the next season lost in 5 to the same fatigued and even older Spurs team? Come on. It's a joke to even consider Lebron in the top 10 with peak.

People don't seem to understand what peak means. A longer prime doesn't make your peak higher.

Top 10 in peak cannot be anything other than Jordan, Wilt, Bird, Shaq, Moses Malone, Kareem, Hakeem, Magic, West, Duncan. Figure out the order if you wish, but those are the 10.
    I could say that Kobe, Tmac, Hill, Baylor, King, Barkley, Robinson, Garnett, Isiah Thomas and Steph Curry complete the top 20, but adjustments could be made. But there's really no space for Lebron. There's guys like Wade, Frazier, Drexler, Nowitzki, Lanier, Nique, Erving, McAdoo, Gilmore... Lebron could be around this crew, but not higher.

Anyway, I won't bother voting any further, especially when winners are decided with just 3 votes and without any actual discussion. It's just another PSD popularity contest, I'm out.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 06-30-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Shaq should of been #1. He was the last guy to actually beat Jordan in a Bulls jersey. Having MVP Shaq means your team controls the pace of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Well, duh.
    I'm struggling to picture Lebron in the top 20 in terms of Peak.

Larry Bird
    Julius Erving
    Grant Hill
    Tracy McGrady
    Dominique Wilkins
    Elgin Baylor
    Kevin Durant
    Bernard King

All of these are just the SFs which could rank higher in terms of peak over Lebron. And then there's some others that could enter the picture.

What Lebron has over most of these guys is sustainability of his top level. Some of these guys had an extremely short lived peak or suffered from injuries. Lebron was blessed with good fortune to never get a serious injury and he's also been at a high level for almost 20 years now, but his peak is nowhere near as high as Larry Bird, Grant Hill, Tmac or Dr J. The rest are arguable but I'd take peak Nique (lol sounds like pic nic), King and Baylor over Lebron as well. Durant is also a contender here.

And peak Lebron is not 2012-13. He didn't magically become a great shooter, he just shot much less than other seasons because he was quite bad at it. And "peak Lebron" with the most stacked team in the league barely managed to beat a fatigued Spurs thanks to a clutch 3 from Ray Allen and peak Lebron in the next season lost in 5 to the same fatigued and even older Spurs team? Come on. It's a joke to even consider Lebron in the top 10 with peak.

People don't seem to understand what peak means. A longer prime doesn't make your peak higher.

Top 10 in peak cannot be anything other than Jordan, Wilt, Bird, Shaq, Moses Malone, Kareem, Hakeem, Magic, West, Duncan. Figure out the order if you wish, but those are the 10.
    I could say that Kobe, Tmac, Hill, Baylor, King, Barkley, Robinson, Garnett, Isiah Thomas and Steph Curry complete the top 20, but adjustments could be made. But there's really no space for Lebron. There's guys like Wade, Frazier, Drexler, Nowitzki, Lanier, Nique, Erving, McAdoo, Gilmore... Lebron could be around this crew, but not higher.

Anyway, I won't bother voting any further, especially when winners are decided with just 3 votes and without any actual discussion. It's just another PSD popularity contest, I'm out.
    I enjoy reading a lot of your posts. You bring a unique perspective to PSD. You really do. However, I don't understand this post.

I'm trying to get some fun debates going in here with this list. I personally think it's really interesting to argue about peaks. My inspiration was guys like Walton and T-Mac who are much farther down on career lists but at their peak were special. I wanted to see how high guys like them would go and which players would drop.

Instead because one vote didn't go the way you wanted then you choose to write a long rant about how bad the thread is before declaring you refuse to participate? I just don't see what that accomplishes. Why not just defend the players that you think should be picked moving forward and make the thread more active? Isn't that why we all joined PSD in the first place? To talk sports. At the end you can declare "I still think LeBron was way too high at #2 but at least we put Bird #4, etc."

Just my 2 cents. Have a good one.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Shaq should of been #1. He was the last guy to actually beat Jordan in a Bulls jersey. Having MVP Shaq means your team controls the pace of the game.
    I think this argument loses some steam when you remember the Bulls swept them 4-0 the very next year.

However, I do completely agree that Shaq in the early 2000s is definitely a candidate for #3 peak.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I enjoy reading a lot of your posts. You bring a unique perspective to PSD. You really do. However, I don't understand this post.

I'm trying to get some fun debates going in here with this list. I personally think it's really interesting to argue about peaks. My inspiration was guys like Walton and T-Mac who are much farther down on career lists but at their peak were special. I wanted to see how high guys like them would go and which players would drop.

Instead because one vote didn't go the way you wanted then you choose to write a long rant about how bad the thread is before declaring you refuse to participate? I just don't see what that accomplishes. Why not just defend the players that you think should be picked moving forward and make the thread more active? Isn't that why we all joined PSD in the first place? To talk sports. At the end you can declare "I still think LeBron was way too high at #2 but at least we put Bird #4, etc."

Just my 2 cents. Have a good one.
    Nobody is arguing sports on here. It's been 10 years of "Lebron is the greatest" being shoved into our throats and if we don't like it, we're ostracized. Sorry, but if you really wanted basketball discussion here you'd leave the threads on for several days and dedicate a lot of time and effort on explaining what peak actually means.

So far it's a popularity contest and since we've added a guy who shouldn't he top 20 as #2 just because he's the most hyped basketball player of all time, yes, I'm no longer participating in what I think is going to look like a farce. It's not an attack to your thread or idea, it's just how PSD is. It's not a great spot to talk basketball despite some of the effort displayed, mostly in the past, and the patience shown towards those who think basketball is some Excel formula.

Now if you want a basketball discussion based on those 2-3 threads, please do tell me why LeBron's peak is #2 of all time. People don't even know when that alleged peak was

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast