Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    need a 3rd catcher, specially with no minor league baseball

i think tyler wade and any other IF that can play OF will be on the roster so they can have less position players and beef up the bullpen, with 60 games i can see them doing more opener games
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    need a 3rd catcher, specially with no minor league baseball

i think tyler wade and any other IF that can play OF will be on the roster so they can have less position players and beef up the bullpen, with 60 games i can see them doing more opener games
    INFERNO!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Burn baby burn

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Good to see u back around Inferno

Of the Yankee pitching prospects who do you think contributes to the starting rotation ? Or will they go Cole, Paxton, Tanaka, Happ, and an opener Chad Green with Montgomery every five days ?

Likely rotation: Cole, Tanaka, Paxton, Happ, Montgomery, (Loaisiga, Cessa)?

In the mix: Garcia, King, Schmidt
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Likely rotation: Cole, Tanaka, Paxton, Happ, Montgomery, (Loaisiga, Cessa)?

In the mix: Garcia, King, Schmidt
    Good question to ask. What happens to Happ, he won't hit his #s for the option.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Good question to ask. What happens to Happ, he won't hit his #s for the option.

Bummer

Our starting rotation would be so deep with one of German or Severino. Do you think our rotation is enough as it’s constituted for this shortened season ? Will we lose both Tanaka and Paxton for 2021 .

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Our starting rotation would be so deep with one of German or Severino. Do you think our rotation is enough as it’s constituted for this shortened season ? Will we lose both Tanaka and Paxton for 2021 .
    German and Sevy would add depth, some experience and two serious threats. I said at the outset there will be a premium on pitching considering the schedule. Arms will be taxed. Rest will be an issue with games daily and no off days to speak of.

Imo, Yanks need to solidify their rotation behind Cole. Sevy is no lock coming off surgery. Tanaka and Paxton become serious candidates for No. 2 and 3 slot in the rotation this season, but no guarantee going forward.

They are both seasoned, experienced arms with very good career numbers. (Tanaka 75-43 3.75 era and Paxton 56-32 3.50 era) Each has shown terrific control with excellent strikeout-to-walk ratio. There will be no shortage of interest in either arm. It will come down to money and how much of an extension they seek. Cashman (and his advisors Naehring and Jim Hendry) will have to carefully evaluate the cost effectiveness of an aging Tanaka and Paxtons' balky back going forward. The anal dept will provide more data then required to help in the decision. At which point it becomes a balancing act, an equation of pluse and minus.
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Dayners what do you think? ^^

Garcia, King, Schmidt likely to see action? Any other arms we might see spot start?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Yeah it really is to bad that we lost both German and Sevy, that would have one hell of a rotation.

I personally don't believe that the rotation we currently have is enough, especially if we don't get some serious help from the kids like Schmidt, Garcia, King.

Obviously we'd all love to go get another ace but that probably not realistic. The good news for the Yanks is there are alot of 2-3 types in the last yr of their contracts, so some descent starting pitching available.

As far as next yr i think Tanaka will be back for sure. I would guess 3yrs45m with a option for a 4th yr. Paxton i'm not so sure if he'll be back or not. If he pitches to well, he'll probably price himself out of our market. If he pitches poorly why would we want him back.

Another thing to think about for next yr is innings limits for starters. Starters this yr are probably going to get 70ish innings this yr. With as careful as most MLB teams are with not adding to many innings, i wouldn't expect the veteran starters to pitch more than 125 or so innings next yr. For young, developing arms like a Schmidt i wouldn't even expect that big of an innings jump.

Even with Sevy coming back at some point next yr and German expected to be back on the team next yr i still think setting up/ fixing the rotation for next yr will be a top priority for Cashman. Was German for real last yr or did he just have a great yr? i think it would be a mistake to count on Sevy for anything next yr. Just based on recovery time for TJS put him back late summer 2021, that will be the better part of 3 consecutive season where Sevy hasn't pitched consistently. IMO a good outcome for Sevy would be to make it back as a dominant late inning reliever, i'll be shocked if he ends up being an elite starter again.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Dayners what do you think? ^^

Garcia, King, Schmidt likely to see action? Any other arms we might see spot start?
    they could all see a spot start or 2. IMO Schmidt has the highest ceiling and looked the most ready this spring.

King is pretty much ready but he's really more of a back end starter that i doubt he becomes a big impact pitcher for us

IMO Garcia didn't show that he looked ready this spring, plus he had some trouble in AAA last yr. That doesn't mean he won't be ready at some point this yr and could have a big impact. IMO because of his build, i question if he can handle a starters workload, also some in the organization think long term his best roll could be as 2-4 inning type pitcher.

Nick Nelson is in AAA and should be able to contribute this yr, especially if he can discover some more command. He's another back end type starter

There is always the chance that Abreau finds some consistency and his performance comes close to matching his stuff. This is a big yr for Abreau because this is his last option and if he can't put it together as a starter, a move to the BP or a trade is likely coming

I'd love to say that our highest ceiling guys like Medina or Gil could contribute this yr but i think thats an extreme long shot, although they maybe could see some appearances out of the pen

Personally i think they need one more starter that is around the quality of Paxton and Tanaka and it would really be beneficial if they were signed through next season as well.

With Garcia's value probably being the highest its ever going to be, if the Yanks have any questions about him as a starter long term they should capitalize on his value sooner rather than later. Frazier IMO really doesn't fit here long term and with the NL adopting the DH, he got more valuable also. I think a package headlined by Garcia and Frazier could bring us back a really good starter and trading those 2 wouldn't hurt our system to badly with all the talent we have coming through the system

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123