Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Would CP3 and Kobe have made sweet magic together?

or would they have clashed? do an iso heavy scorer and ball dominant pnr passer mesh? would they contend, would they win? I've always wondered how much Kobe could stretch his off the ball ability

They would have dominated together

It all depends on if you think CP3 would understand that he'd be bringing the ball up but not dictating what happens with it. I don't think it would've worked. Look at the PGs Kobe worked with. Nick Van Exel is the only good one and that was at the very beginning of Kobe's career.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I think it would have worked. CP3 was a hyper competitive dog too. I like the pairing. Guys like Kobe love to get their shots but everyone likes playing with a great passing PG who can handle a lot of the load.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Would CP3 and Kobe have made sweet magic together?

Would have worked. CP3 was a heck of a player his role was a little out sized for him though. Pair him with a closer that can take the reins when needed, and push pace with the ball, and you are good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

They would have been the best back court in the league for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    or would they have clashed? do an iso heavy scorer and ball dominant pnr passer mesh? would they contend, would they win? I've always wondered how much Kobe could stretch his off the ball ability
    I think its pretty clear Kobe has one of the highest ball iqs ever. I think playing off ball he would have shot a career high fg%. Similar to Wade with LeBron in Miami.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It all depends on if you think CP3 would understand that he'd be bringing the ball up but not dictating what happens with it. I don't think it would've worked. Look at the PGs Kobe worked with. Nick Van Exel is the only good one and that was at the very beginning of Kobe's career.
    Well kobe never had a teammate pg who was an all-star caliber player after van excel. They got Nash, but he kept getting hurt and was never the same player again once he joined the lakers. Kobe was a great player off the ball and would aboujstley trust CP3 with the ball That would've likely been the best back-court you in NBA history and easily the most intense. Probably the most intense/competitive duo in the history of the league.

Yep, the two would've likely worked excellent together. That intensity and competitiveness would've been crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Well kobe never had a teammate pg who was an all-star caliber player after van excel. They got Nash, but he kept getting hurt and was never the same player again once he joined the lakers. Kobe was a great player off the ball and would aboujstley trust CP3 with the ball That would've likely been the best back-court you in NBA history and easily the most intense. Probably the most intense/competitive duo in the history of the league.
    Once Shaq left, the Lakers PG was responsible for bringing the ball up the floor and giving it to Kobe if Kobe wasn't already bringing it up. That's the reason he never played with an all star PG. That's also why I don't think he and CP3 would've ever worked. There's a reason Kobe was always paired with big men and never a PG.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Once Shaq left, the Lakers PG was responsible for bringing the ball up the floor and giving it to Kobe if Kobe wasn't already bringing it up. That's the reason he never played with an all star PG. That's also why I don't think he and CP3 would've ever worked. There's a reason Kobe was always paired with big men and never a PG.
    I really think you guys are exaggerating how much of a ball hog Kobe would be with someone like CP3. He would have loved getting a breather playing off the ball and setting screens and cutting. He understood the little parts of basketball as well as anybody. He just would have alpha dog'd CP3 off the ball in crunch time. First 3 quarters would be blissful.

Kristaps Porzingis

Well I think it had more to do with them not being able to get an elite pg. They were on the cusp of bringing in Jason Kidd and Barron Davis also wanted to play with the lakers, but it just never materialized.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I really think you guys are exaggerating how much of a ball hog Kobe would be with someone like CP3. He would have loved getting a breather playing off the ball and setting screens and cutting. He understood the little parts of basketball as well as anybody. He just would have alpha dog'd CP3 off the ball in crunch time. First 3 quarters would be blissful.
    Yep, I don't think kobe was nearly as ball dominant as some of posters like to make him out to be.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard of sweet magic so it's really hard to say. If its anything like sweet music I will say yes, but with the caveat that I dont think it would have worked as well as people hoped.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 07-07-2020 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I think its pretty clear Kobe has one of the highest ball iqs ever. I think playing off ball he would have shot a career high fg%. Similar to Wade with LeBron in Miami.
    It is?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast