Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Cam Newton to the Patriots

1 yr deal per Schefter, Mort, etc.

Was only a matter of time.

Instantly a super bowl contender

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I'm glad he's going somewhere with a chance to start, but when he's making chicken salad out of chicken **** with the Pats weak offense I don't want to hear one ignorant *** "woah, Bill turned Cam into a pocket passer!" take.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm glad he's going somewhere with a chance to start, but when he's making chicken salad out of chicken **** with the Pats weak offense I don't want to hear one ignorant *** "woah, Bill turned Cam into a pocket passer!" take.
    It's gonna be nice seeing him get some calls

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Cam thought people hated him before haaaaa welcome to NE

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

he better be amazing with his suppose skill level... bellicheck has made all QBs in the patriots amazing so there is no excuses.

Not a fan of this. Donít think this team is very good around the QB position. Letís say he balls out and carries us to a 9-7 record... now weíre in the same situation next year. Well have to ponder whether or not to pay him big money as he ages and declines or turn it over to the unproven guy. Except now that unproven guy has one less rookie contract year.

This was an ideal time to bite the bullet and see what we had. Take a year to really prioritize young player development and teaching. Not just at the QB position but overall. Donít like this move.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he better be amazing with his suppose skill level... bellicheck has made all QBs in the patriots amazing so there is no excuses.
    BB isn't the OC and he hasn't made any QB "amazing". Brady is a GOAT and the rest benefited from stacked teams. The current Pats offense is not good. Honestly, I'd say 2019/2020 Panthers offense is better, the 2020 Pats offense looks to be on par with some of Cam's typical Panther teams.

Lol and when he sucks will you admit that head but a good pocket passer? Or will you use one of those ignorant *** "But but but da injuries" excuses?

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Not a fan of this. Donít think this team is very good around the QB position. Letís say he balls out and carries us to a 9-7 record... now weíre in the same situation next year. Well have to ponder whether or not to pay him big money as he ages and declines or turn it over to the unproven guy. Except now that unproven guy has one less rookie contract year.

This was an ideal time to bite the bullet and see what we had. Take a year to really prioritize young player development and teaching. Not just at the QB position but overall. Donít like this move.
    You guys had a defense that basically cake walked to an 8-0 record. If Cams fully healthy and carries the offense you guys are competing for one of the top AFC seeds. Your offense is overrated af, but I've watched Cam carry offenses full of players who don't belong on practice squads, if the defense holds up and he's healthy you're easily a playoff team.

Cam is so much better than some of you give him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Lol and when he sucks will you admit that head but a good pocket passer? Or will you use one of those ignorant *** "But but but da injuries" excuses?
    There's years worth of film that prove he's a good pocket passer, I don't need to speculate about how he looks in 2020 with a brand new team. The Pats do NOT have an ideal offense for a QB to succeed, so if he sucks it probably has more to do with that.

BB isn't the OC and he hasn't made any QB "amazing". Brady is a GOAT and the rest benefited from stacked teams. The current Pats offense is not good. Honestly, I'd say 2019/2020 Panthers offense is better, the 2020 Pats offense looks to be on par with some of Cam's typical Panther teams.
    Testaverde, Bledsoe, Brady, and, Cassel were all at least decent with him

There's years worth of film that prove he's a good pocket passer, I don't need to speculate about how he looks in 2020 with a brand new team. The Pats do NOT have an ideal offense for a QB to succeed, so if he sucks it probably has more to do with that.
    Lol no there's not. There's certainly some good plays that he makes here and there from the pocket, but not really much to say he's consistently a good pocket passer

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Cam is so much better than some of you give him credit for.
    He was really good when he was a physical freak. If his body is what it was 4 years ago, then he's still really good. If they're asking him to stay in the pocket and be an actual QB though, I've got doubts.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast