Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Yeah, lol, meant Russell of course,

But you don't make sense man, no sense at all!

I repeat, so what if they were hard capped? , they are hard capped this season too! (at this point). Being hard capped which is all you repeat, doesn't matter if the trade period is over, it the lux tax threshold they did all they could to go under, not the apron!
    They never wanted Russell is why they traded him lol go look up the threads on here when he was signed, everyone knew he wouldn't stick. It was just a means to get an asset for KD instead of losing him for nothing.

I'm talking about THIS season but their season is over. In 20-21 the Warriors will not be hard capped unless they do another S&T or something else that hard caps teams and if they aren't hard capped they will spend well over the $138 million.

They just self financed a $1.4 BILLION arena, get a grip wade/iggie!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They never wanted Russell is why they traded him lol go look up the threads on here when he was signed, everyone knew he wouldn't stick. It was just a means to get an asset for KD instead of losing him for nothing.

I'm talking about THIS season but their season is over. In 20-21 the Warriors will not be hard capped unless they do another S&T or something else that hard caps teams and if they aren't hard capped they will spend well over the $138 million.

They just self financed a $1.4 BILLION arena, get a grip wade/iggie!

Not gonna be hard capped? Well, it doesn't take a maths degree to be able and add man, do you know what the salary of two high lottery picks is? and that's before they fill the empty roster spots!

You don't make any sense at all mate.

You find the fact that the Nets, the Sixers and the Warriors are screwed the more the cap goes down, unreasonable?

Interesting opinion!
    How is it a "fact", and how are they "screwed"? The Warriors PLANNED to be over the tax, they are going to be over the tax whether the cap goes down or not. They could have gotten under the tax at a cost of roster flexibility, but they chose to go out of their way to get Russell, they went out of their way to get a large TPE.

Lacob (the principle owner) said they plan to use the TPMLE and the TPE in improving the team last month, and that was when we still didn't know if there were going to be more games this season.

The Warriors have draft picks, have $20M+ in cap exceptions, and their owners have deep pockets that were not dramatically effected by Corona, and while the projected arena income is WAY down, it wasn't a given when they made the decisions they made.

The cap going down is not good for any team, but the teams with ownership with deep pockets care a lot less than the teams with owners struggling to make pay day. The Rockets may be much worse off than the Nets and Warriors.

Also, since it's not just my opinion I'll refer to Woj who said:

There's optimism that the NBA and union can work through these issues and agree on how the league's financial landscape will be recalibrated on a number of issues, including the 2020-21 salary-cap and luxury tax thresholds, sources said.
    He is talking about how even though the cap may go down significantly there may be forgiveness of some tax payments, as long as it doesn't cost the players collectively any money.

Not gonna be hard capped? Well, it doesn't take a maths degree to be able and add man, do you know what the salary of two high lottery picks is? and that's before they fill the empty roster spots!

You don't understand the NBA CBA. Hard capping isn't about how much money a team spends.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You don't understand the NBA CBA. Hard capping isn't about how much money a team spends.
    Actually I would be very surprised if you prove to have even half of my knowledge on the CBA Scoots. Still, GSW will be well above the apron before they start dumbing (lots of) salary during the next season, like it also happened in this very season.

Here is how teams get hard capped mate.

"When a team is below the Apron and uses its Bi-Annual exception, receives a player who is signed-and-traded, or uses its Mid-Level exception to sign a player to a contract larger than allowed by the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, the team becomes hard-capped at the Apron for the remainder of that season. This eliminates any potential loophole where a team could first use one of these exceptions and subsequently add salary to go above the Apron, since the reverse -- adding salary first and then using the exception -- would be illegal."

Here is how teams get hard capped mate.

"When a team is below the Apron and uses its Bi-Annual exception, receives a player who is signed-and-traded, or uses its Mid-Level exception to sign a player to a contract larger than allowed by the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, the team becomes hard-capped at the Apron for the remainder of that season. This eliminates any potential loophole where a team could first use one of these exceptions and subsequently add salary to go above the Apron, since the reverse -- adding salary first and then using the exception -- would be illegal."
    Actually that's less than 10% on how teams get hard capped, even a penny above the apron, gets a team hard capped and exceptions are wiped out.

Now, GSW has 142M of salaries already in the books, two lottery picks and a few more roster positions to fill, how "they are not gonna be hard capped in the upcoming season" as you claimed? They'll do magic? Voodoo perhaps? Rain dance?

Actually I would be very surprised if you prove to have even half of my knowledge on the CBA Scoots. Still, GSW will be well above the apron before they start dumbing (lots of) salary during the next season, like it also happened in this very season.
    I love when someone proclaims in vague language that they know more than other people.

Actually that's less than 10% on how teams get hard capped, even a penny above the apron, gets a team hard capped and exceptions are wiped out.

Now, GSW has 142M of salaries already in the books, two lottery picks and a few more roster positions to fill, how "they are not gonna be hard capped in the upcoming season" as you claimed? They'll do magic? Voodoo perhaps? Rain dance?

Read the CBA, then post the relevant part that says spending more money makes a team hard capped.

You're funny wade/iggie

Tell me bud, how did the Nets for the 2013-14 season have a team salary of $102,589,967 when the salary cap apron was $75,748,000?
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 06-30-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Read the CBA, then post the relevant part that says spending more money makes a team hard capped.
    The phrase "hard capped" doesn't exist in the CBA, it comes from other sports and in "everyday NBA language", it means "you can do nothing more than trade or sign min contracts in empty roster spots" and "only a part of the MLE can be used, all other exceptions are wiped out" . It is what happens if a team exceeds the apron (4% over the lux tax threshold). No sign and trades either or "Gilbert Arenas rule".

You're funny wade/iggie

Tell me bud, how did the Nets for the 2013-14 season have a team salary of $102,589,967 when the salary cap apron was $75,748,000?
    I'll tell you bud... they exceeded the tax by renewing players they already had in lower contracts, any addition out of free agency, they timed it before they extend their old contracts. It doesn't mean they didn't end up "hard capped"... they did, but didn't give an F about it.

I'll tell you bud... they exceeded the tax by renewing players they already had in lower contracts, any addition out of free agency, they timed it before they extend their old contracts. It doesn't mean they didn't end up "hard capped"... they did, but didn't give an F about it.

That's not how it works

"If a team is hard-capped, it cannot exceed the Apron under any circumstance."

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q20

That's not how it works

"If a team is hard-capped, it cannot exceed the Apron under any circumstance."

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q20
    No... you don't understand it correct! If a team is hard capped, it then cannot exceed the Apron, but it can exceed the apron and then become hard capped... (but doesn't give an F - just pays the tax)

This is how you should read it.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast