Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 163
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Warriors are exactly where they expected to be and the cap going down is not going to have any effect on them.

    So, you are saying the cap won't go down much based on the cap officially not going down yet for next year?

    The NBA said they were looking at loosing 1-3 billion in revenue this year, if the playoffs happen they will get some of that back but not all of it. If next season starts late and is shortened and fans are not allowed in normal numbers then the revenue next year will be similarly effected. There is no way the cap barely changes or even goes up as you suggest.

    I think it's likely the NBA and NBAPA try to come up with a luxury tax forgiveness or postponing scheme, but they are limited within the CBA and the players definitely don't want to open up the possibility of scrapping and re-writing the CBA.
    It's of course a free world and everybody is entitled to have an opinion, mine is different than yours and it remains for the cap to be announced, so that we can see which opinion was more accurate. I would insist that the lux tax threshold won't be less than 130M.

    In any case, I believe your opinion on GSW being "alright" has nothing to do with reality, GSW needs not to pay the lux tax this season (again), like they did last season for 3 reasons.

    1. If they don't they are out of pursuing Antetokounmpo.
    2. If they don't they lose some 300M over the next three seasons because they will be tight to the repeaters tax all that long.
    3. If they don't, the team is condemned to the abyss in the bottom of the league for as long as a total rebuilt starting from scratch would take.

    The reduction of the cap really screws them more than any other team, simply because now damping Wiggins' salary won't be enough, they may also have to lose one of their lottery picks during the draft night and I doubt they'll finish the season with a full 15 players roster as well as use the TE to buy "garbage" and stretch the salary.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,830
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    It's of course a free world and everybody is entitled to have an opinion, mine is different than yours and it remains for the cap to be announced, so that we can see which opinion was more accurate. I would insist that the lux tax threshold won't be less than 130M.

    In any case, I believe your opinion on GSW being "alright" has nothing to do with reality, GSW needs not to pay the lux tax this season (again), like they did last season for 3 reasons.

    1. If they don't they are out of pursuing Antetokounmpo.
    2. If they don't they lose some 300M over the next three seasons because they will be tight to the repeaters tax all that long.
    3. If they don't, the team is condemned to the abyss in the bottom of the league for as long as a total rebuilt starting from scratch would take.

    The reduction of the cap really screws them more than any other team, simply because now damping Wiggins' salary won't be enough, they may also have to lose one of their lottery picks during the draft night and I doubt they'll finish the season with a full 15 players roster as well as use the TE to buy "garbage" and stretch the salary.
    So, I asked multiple times what you were basing your position on and the answer I got was essentially "it's what is going to happen" ... of course I disagree.

    The Warriors were incredibly unlikely to get Giannis and were most likely to go into next season with Wiggins on the roster ... this was before the Corona catastrophe.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So, I asked multiple times what you were basing your position on and the answer I got was essentially "it's what is going to happen" ... of course I disagree.

    The Warriors were incredibly unlikely to get Giannis and were most likely to go into next season with Wiggins on the roster ... this was before the Corona catastrophe.
    Title of the thread says: "How a cap reduction can affect the league? Which teams are affected most?"

    GSW will be under the lux tax threshold by mid-season's trade deadline, no matter what it costs.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,830
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Title of the thread says: "How a cap reduction can affect the league? Which teams are affected most?"

    GSW will be under the lux tax threshold by mid-season's trade deadline, no matter what it costs.
    And what are you basing this off of? Just guessing as far as I can tell.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    And what are you basing this off of? Just guessing as far as I can tell.
    No one knows man, not him or even the experts. It's a wait and see thing.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    And what are you basing this off of? Just guessing as far as I can tell.
    I have posted three reasons before, but in any case, it's a forum here and forums are for people to share their views and opinions.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No one knows man, not him or even the experts. It's a wait and see thing.
    As far as I can tell, NBA is sports and business, I don't know any businessman being suicidal and throw 300M over 3 seasons out of the window without any return, therefore I'm pretty sure GSW will be damping salary until the midseason trade deadline, exactly like they did this season.

    The CBA makes teams repeaters tax eligible if they are in the lux tax for four out of the later five seasons, therefore a team which is two continuous seasons under the tax, won't be repeaters tax eligible if it moves into the lux tax for three continuous seasons after.

    If GSW will be in the lux tax for the next season, it will be their 3rd time in four seasons and therefore they'll have to blow the team up by the end of the next season and start a rebuild, only one crazy would do that, when they can avoid the tax this season and then have three continuous to move back into the tax, renew Curry and surround Curry/Thompson with more clutch players like they did in the past.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,617
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    As far as I can tell, NBA is sports and business, I don't know any businessman being suicidal and throw 300M over 3 seasons out of the window without any return, therefore I'm pretty sure GSW will be damping salary until the midseason trade deadline, exactly like they did this season.

    The CBA makes teams repeaters tax eligible if they are in the lux tax for four out of the later five seasons, therefore a team which is two continuous seasons under the tax, won't be repeaters tax eligible if it moves into the lux tax for three continuous seasons after.

    If GSW will be in the lux tax for the next season, it will be their 3rd time in four seasons and therefore they'll have to blow the team up by the end of the next season and start a rebuild, only one crazy would do that, when they can avoid the tax this season and then have three continuous to move back into the tax, renew Curry and surround Curry/Thompson with more clutch players like they did in the past.
    They did it this season because they were hard capped, lol very different set of circumstances. The Warriors will be just fine.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They did it this season because they were hard capped, lol very different set of circumstances. The Warriors will be just fine.
    No, they did it this season, because it would be their third time in the later three seasons if they would be into the tax and they would condemn the team to the abyss for the seasons to follow.

    You don't become "just fine" by applying magic, they'll be "just fine" if they stay under the tax threshold this season too.

    The Bucks are doing the same, they'll stay under the tax this season too and then move deeeeep into the tax for three seasons and have timed Middleton's contract to expire the summer before they become repeaters tax eligible. Great job from the F.O.
    Last edited by mouseslept; 06-29-2020 at 09:38 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,617
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    No, they did it this season, because it would be their third time in the later three seasons if they would be into the tax and they would condemn the team to the abyss for the seasons to follow.

    You don't become "just fine" by applying magic, they'll be "just fine" if they stay under the tax threshold this season too.

    The Bucks are doing the same, they'll stay under the tax this season too and then move deeeeep into the tax for three seasons and have timed Middleton's contract to expire the summer before they become repeaters tax eligible. Great job from the F.O.
    Bro, they were hard capped at $138,928,000, that is an indisputable fact.

    They also just won 3 of the last 5 Championships, participating in 5 straight and built a self financed $1.4 billion arena, trust me, they're fine.

    Just talk to me on your wade or iggie account man, dang.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Bro, they were hard capped at $138,928,000, that is an indisputable fact.

    They also just won 3 of the last 5 Championships, participating in 5 straight and built a self financed $1.4 billion arena, trust me, they're fine.

    Just talk to me on your wade or iggie account man, dang.
    I'm not sure where you are getting at, So what if they where hard capped? If they didn't care about being above the threshold, they would have kept Carroll.

    They will be hard capped again this season after they add the picks, even if the threshold stays at 139M. What's the difference?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,617
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    I'm not sure where you are getting at, So what if they where hard capped? If they didn't care about being above the threshold, they would have kept Carroll.

    They will be hard capped again this season after they add the picks, even if the threshold stays at 139M. What's the difference?
    Carroll was never on the Warriors but the Warriors were hard capped because the sign and trade.

    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/...or-201920.html

    Peep that when you get a minute.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Carroll was never on the Warriors but the Warriors were hard capped because the sign and trade.

    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/...or-201920.html

    Peep that when you get a minute.
    Yeah, lol, meant Russell of course,

    But you don't make sense man, no sense at all!

    I repeat, so what if they were hard capped? , they are hard capped this season too! (at this point). Being hard capped which is all you repeat, doesn't matter if the trade period is over, it the lux tax threshold they did all they could to go under, not the apron!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,830
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    I have posted three reasons before, but in any case, it's a forum here and forums are for people to share their views and opinions.
    Like I said, you are just guessing. You talk like you know, but you are just blowing BS out as if it's reasonable.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Like I said, you are just guessing. You talk like you know, but you are just blowing BS out as if it's reasonable.
    You find the fact that the Nets, the Sixers and the Warriors are screwed the more the cap goes down, unreasonable?

    Interesting opinion!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •