Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    By dumping Cauley-Stein, Robinson, Burks, Evans, and Spellman I think they already dipped just below the lux tax threshold and have already effectively reset the repeater tax.
    No, it isn't the case with GSW, they have been into the tax for two out of the three later seasons, if they make it back into the tax this season, they don't become repeaters tax eligible, but it will then be 3 times in four seasons which gives them no air to breath...

They therefore need to repeat what they did during the previous season, so that they can move back in for the three seasons following after this up coming one and be able to extend Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    No, it isn't the case with GSW, they have been into the tax for two out of the three later seasons, if they make it back into the tax this season, they don't become repeaters tax eligible, but it will then be 3 times in four seasons which gives them no air to breath...

They therefore need to repeat what they did during the previous season, so that they can move back in for the three seasons following after this up coming one and be able to extend Curry.
    My favorite cap status site shows them paying the non-repeater tax next year. They were not over the tax each of the previous 3 years. They can go over the tax next year and not pay the repeat tax. I think they are hoping the CBA will change the tax rules with the Corona situation and I'm sure some teams will hate it if it happens.

https://earlybirdrights.com/salary-cap/gsw/

My favorite cap status site shows them paying the non-repeater tax next year. They were not over the tax each of the previous 3 years. They can go over the tax next year and not pay the repeat tax.
    I've already told you this, so why repeat it?

They don't pay the RT next season, but they can't avoid it a season later and lose all hopes in chasing Giannis or other allStar as well as throw some 300M out of the window (for no reason) over the seasons that follow. Your favourite site simply can't analyse as well as I can if they suggest that GSW will move into the tax next season, they will a season later and will stay there for three continuous seasons.

I think they are hoping the CBA will change the tax rules with the Corona situation and I'm sure some teams will hate it if it happens.

https://earlybirdrights.com/salary-cap/gsw/
    No way this can happen... At least 24 teams out of the 30, their governors would vote against it.

I've already told you this, so why repeat it?

They don't pay the RT next season, but they can't avoid it a season later and lose all hopes in chasing Giannis or other allStar as well as throw some 300M out of the window (for no reason) over the seasons that follow. Your favourite site simply can't analyse as well as I can if they suggest that GSW will move into the tax next season, they will a season later and will stay there for three continuous seasons.

No way this can happen... At least 24 teams out of the 30, their governors would vote against it.
    You said they would "continue ... dumbing <sic> salary" and my point is they have already dumped the salary they need to dump. And yes, they will pay repeater taxes in seasons after next season if they stay over the tax level.

If 20+ teams are over the tax all those options become available.

You said they would "continue ... dumbing <sic> salary" and my point is they have already dumped the salary they need to dump. And yes, they will pay repeater taxes in seasons after next season if they stay over the tax level.
    NO... they've dumped the salary they needed to dump for the previous season, not for this upcoming one!

If 20+ teams are over the tax all those options become available.
    Only 4 teams are projected to pay the lux tax next season and out of them, the Celtics would vote against any action taken and would be happy to pay the tax...

it's more than 20 times you force the same answer out of me as if it has never been explained before...

What you obviously don't understand, is that 25 teams (the Celtics included) are not willing to pay out of their own pockets the mess that the other 5 have done with theirs, but instead they will use it to their advantage and will be happy to see them sinking to the abyss!

Let me ask you this... Why did the Celtics lose Horford last season? They were willing to keep him but not on the salary the Sixers payed him, didn't they? What do you expect them to do now? Is it that you expect The Celtics to pay out of their own pockets and finance the Sixers because they've "stolen" their own player?

LOL... Give me your money so that I can beat you! Excellent logic!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

Bro, they were hard capped at $138,928,000, that is an indisputable fact.
    I'm not even sure if you know what you are talking about

They also just won 3 of the last 5 Championships, participating in 5 straight and built a self financed $1.4 billion arena, trust me, they're fine.

Just talk to me on your wade or iggie account man, dang.
    They are not fine, but I'm not sure whatever it is you are smoking is fine either... It rather looks it's causing you mental confusion.

I'm talking about THIS season but their season is over. In 20-21 the Warriors will not be hard capped unless they do another S&T or something else that hard caps teams and if they aren't hard capped they will spend well over the $138 million.

They just self financed a $1.4 BILLION arena, get a grip wade/iggie!

S&T hard caps NBA teams?

In all honesty, you don't have a clue on the CBA or what you are talking about... I'm sure it must be whatever you are smoking which causes you dreaming of all that fiction and presenting it as being facts.

I'm not even sure if you know what you are talking about

They are not fine, but I'm not sure whatever it is you are smoking is fine either... It rather looks it's causing you mental confusion.

S&T hard caps NBA teams?

In all honesty, you don't have a clue on the CBA or what you are talking about... I'm sure it must be whatever you are smoking which causes you dreaming of all that fiction and presenting it as being facts.
    I'm sure you don't know what you are talking about.

I'm sure you don't know what you are talking about.
    What I'm talking about, is that all your "theories" and "rules" he and you've ever bring up in this thread as being true, they are all trash to the last word...

Pure fiction you guys have invented, which would make any NBA executive, manager or agent LHAO.

So, what are you talking about?

-There is no hard cap in the CBA,
    -When we use the term "hard cap", unofficially, in "basketball language", we only mean that a team is above the apron and nothing else.
    -A team which is above the apron, can't do a S&T unless it leads to reduction of the salaries in the books.

Anyone who claims different on the above true and insists on it, is only totally clueless on the CBA.

What I'm talking about, is that all your "theories" and "rules" he and you've ever bring up in this thread as being true, they are all trash to the last word...

Pure fiction you guys have invented, which would make any NBA executive, manager or agent LHAO.

So, what are you talking about?

-There is no hard cap in the CBA,
    -When we use the term "hard cap", unofficially, in "basketball language", we only mean that a team is above the apron and nothing else.
    -A team which is above the apron, can't do a S&T unless it leads to reduction of the salaries in the books.

Anyone who claims different on the above true and insists on it, is only totally clueless on the CBA.

There is no way to postpone the lux tax threshold, even if some teams will suggest this, all the rest will vote against it, because it means millions out of their pockets gifted to the competition who already got the best of the players!
    it def wont... you also are ignoring how much the little teams rely on the big markets etc but it doesnt matter because everyone here already sees your agenda... i cant wait until we get the option of getting out of a contract and it not counting against the tax... the anger will be delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    it def wont... you also are ignoring how much the little teams rely on the big markets etc but it doesnt matter because everyone here already sees your agenda... i cant wait until we get the option of getting out of a contract and it not counting against the tax... the anger will be delicious.
    LOL... Give me your money so that I can beat you! Excellent logic!

Keep thinking "square"!

Cap is expected to significantly decline for the next season as a consequence of the financial hit the league has taken from the pandemic. Some teams are affected more than others, especially those which have been renewing or have recently added expensive contracts.

The lux tax threshold may be set as low as 130M (-2.7M less than the current season) and seats may remain empty for at least the start of the season.

In a season where paying the lux tax (not to mention repeaters tax) looks to be a stupid thing to do, it may cause radical change of the scheduled policies for many teams.

The teams which look to be affected the most:

- GSW managed to close the books this season just under the lux tax threshold, but have just built a new arena which is projected to stay empty for at least the start of the season too... They may have to dump lots of salary, or they will be eligible for huge taxation and they'll additionally become repeaters tax eligible just one season later.

- .......The Sixers have signed Simmons and Harris to max contracts, there looks to be no way to be able and upgrade the roster and are already well over the lux tax threshold. They have a very difficult financial future ahead, especially if they will be eliminated earlier than the ECF this season.......

-The Nets are already over the cap for the next season and have (Joe) Harris becoming FA after the Orlando games, There is no way to avoid the lux tax unless they let Harris go and additionally dump the salary of one out of Dinwiddie, LeVert or Prince. Financial future looks to be terrible.

Suggest/predict the moves for those or for any other team in the league.
    O/P already proven 100% spot on as far as the Sixers are concerned, NETs and GSW are next to prove the O/P, if the Nuggets will be eliminated by the Jazz, I'll add a post on the Nuggets after it happens.

No executive insists on a team which goes nowhere (has no future) in the NBA!

Can have a 2nd ad on jerseys now, another stream of income.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011