Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Shock were pretty popular here during the early 2000's winning a title a year before the Pistons and two more before moving to Tulsa. Since then I haven't really watched. That 2002-2009 period was a great time for the city in terms of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Elena Delle Donne
    when they're a head taller than me, I kinda lose interest
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    when they're a head taller than me, I kinda lose interest
    It'd be weird to date her. But she is pretty hot. I'd smash for sure.
    She's into girls though.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    It'd be weird to date her. But she is pretty hot. I'd smash for sure.
    She's into girls though.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    i know of 1 poster that said in another thread that "WNBA games are often more enjoyable to watch than NBA games" and other poster agreed with him, so some people must like it.
    I've never been to one, but I wouldnt be shocked if that were the case. High level women's players are more athletic than most give them credit for. However, that doesn't always translate well to TV. The men do crazy things, particularly with jumping that provide a very easy barometer with a 10 ft hoop. Even in the nba, I found a new level of respect for things like Isiah Thomas quickness when I saw it in person. But things like giannis's length and leaping ability can be appreciated on TV to its fullest extent because a 10' foot is an easy comp.

So I wouldnt at all be shocked if the women's game appears faster and more enjoyable in person. But I'm not sure how you really recreate that atmosphere on TV.

But the fact that some players also play in Europe due to money doesn't help. The maternity thing is a strange wrinkle, but it would probably be lessened some if big money where introduced into the league too. I do think that's part of the issues. Salaries are fine compared to other women's sports and "normal" jobs, but the fact that even some of the top players aren't solely focused on the wnba dilutes the product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12