Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The WNBA is it a failure?

Is the WNBA a failure? Why or why not? If it is could something be done differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The WNBA sucks..

It depends on your measure of success.

It's not a failure if the goal is to have a women's major league sport of any kind out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It depends on your measure of success.

It's not a failure if the goal is to have a women's major league sport of any kind out there.
    Would love to know their financials. Canít imagine itís good.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Would love to know their financials. Canít imagine itís good.
    They invested so much in it early on. I wish it could gain a little popularity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It's pure form of usually unspectacular basketball, so today's casual NBA fan would hate it since it doesn't have all the bs that he finds attractive.

It's not a failure per se, but it could be better. Players get infinitely better contracts and experience in Europe than the WNBA.

It's very difficult, unless you are a woman, or involved in women's sports, to care about it. The quality just isn't good, as women are just not physically able to play the sport like men, it's honestly impossible to watch for me.

I would love to see the NBA pump some money into marketing, training, salaries, etc. But, they likely won't...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

It is what it is, but making it even more difficult for people to get into is the fact teams seem to so drastically change talent levels from one year to the next....and not to sound sexist since it's not how I mean it, but you don't lose players to things like maternity leave in mens sports, just one of the reasons it's hard to even get locked into players since their careers in the league are even shorter.

Now, the LPGA...at least there's more eye candy and the play isn't so drastically different
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    It is what it is, but making it even more difficult for people to get into is the fact teams seem to so drastically change talent levels from one year to the next....and not to sound sexist since it's not how I mean it, but you don't lose players to things like maternity leave in mens sports, just one of the reasons it's hard to even get locked into players since their careers in the league are even shorter.

Now, the LPGA...at least there's more eye candy and the play isn't so drastically different
    one of the best WNBA players left to go to the church before last year (Maya Moore) haha. So to your point, yeah, there aren't millions of girls out there striving to be WNBA players when they grow up. Which, along with women being simply subpar athletically for basketball itself, just contributes to the quality being poor.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Outside the 5 major sports in the US, I think its probably the most recognizable league, I think thats as much as they can hope for.

I attended the games quite a bit as a kid actually. Still have a championship ring from the inaugural season lol
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    It's very difficult, unless you are a woman, or involved in women's sports, to care about it. The quality just isn't good, as women are just not physically able to play the sport like men, it's honestly impossible to watch for me.

I would love to see the NBA pump some money into marketing, training, salaries, etc. But, they likely won't...
    I'm the same way as you. My best friend would watch Uconn women over any NCAA men's or NBA team bc he enjoys their skill. He's not into the flashiness of men's hoops.
    I don't understand it lol

its not a failure, but it is what it is, which is women's basketball. Some fans will watch and go to games, most will not because women's basketball isn't fun to watch to most basketball fans due to a complete lack of athleticism in comparison to men's basketball. A high school all-star team would likely destroy women's team USA (much like what happened in soccer) by like 50 pts if they don't feel bad is all that really needs to be said.

Don't all the NBA teams have to pay into a fund to keep it afloat? That alone should tell you how most people feel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    its not a failure, but it is what it is, which is women's basketball. Some fans will watch and go to games, most will not because women's basketball isn't fun to watch to most basketball fans due to a complete lack of athleticism in comparison to men's basketball. A high school all-star team would likely destroy women's team USA (much like what happened in soccer) by like 50 pts if they don't feel bad is all that really needs to be said.
    i know of 1 poster that said in another thread that "WNBA games are often more enjoyable to watch than NBA games" and other poster agreed with him, so some people must like it.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Elena Delle Donne
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast