Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    He has accomplished much more than that... He has taught all coaches in the world how to crash the "dream team" and started it all!
    Lol *pinch* wake up from your dream, what a joke

He got smacked and blown out by 30 points to a 1996 team that was far inferior to the 1992 dream and the 1998 team he finished ahead of consisted of a roster that looks like this...

Guard Trajan Langdon 1976 United States Duke Blue Devils
    5 Guard Michael Hawkins 1972 Greece Olympiacos
    6 Guard Kiwane Garris 1974 United States Grand Rapids Hoops
    7 Forward Jason Sasser 1974 Spain CSF Sevilla
    8 Guard Jimmy King 1973 United States Quad City Thunder
    9 Forward Bill Edwards 1971 Italy Calze Pompea Roma
    10 Guard Jimmy Oliver 1969 Spain CB Ciudad de Huelva
    11 Forward Wendell Alexis 1964 Germany ALBA Berlin
    12 Center Gerard King 1972 Italy Fontanafredda Sienna
    13 Forward David Wood 1964 Spain Unicaja Mαlaga
    14 Center Ashraf Amaya 1971 United States Idaho Stampede
    15 Center Brad Miller 1976 United States Purdue Boilermakers

Literally zero NBA players, just stop, you sound goofy. Your claims are unfounded, Yugoslavia never even played team USA at any point in the 1998 FIBA games

He has accomplished much more than that... He has taught all coaches in the world how to crash the "dream team" and started it all!
    To be fair, the US team in 1998 was made up of college kids and some Euro based players.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    To be fair, the US team in 1998 was made up of college kids and some Euro based players.
    Yeah, I thought it was Jeljko in Indiana, but I was wrong, it was Pesic.

Yeah, I thought it was Jeljko in Indiana, but I was wrong, it was Pesic.
    Even then, that's not the dream team... Not even close, a decade off in fact the roster looked like this...

F 4 Finley, Michael 29 – 6 March 1973 2.01 m (6 ft 7 in) Dallas Mavericks
    G 5 Davis, Baron 23 – 13 April 1979 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in) New Orleans Hornets
    G 6 Miller, Andre 26 – 19 March 1976 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in) Los Angeles Clippers
    C 7 O'Neal, Jermaine 23 – 13 October 1978 2.11 m (6 ft 11 in) Indiana Pacers
    F 8 Davis, Antonio 33 – 31 October 1968 2.06 m (6 ft 9 in) Toronto Raptors
    F 9 Pierce, Paul 24 – 13 October 1977 2.01 m (6 ft 7 in) Boston Celtics
    G 10 Miller, Reggie 36 – 24 August 1965 2.01 m (6 ft 7 in) Indiana Pacers
    F 11 Marion, Shawn 24 – 7 May 1978 2.01 m (6 ft 7 in) Phoenix Suns
    G 12 Williams, Jay 20 – 10 September 1981 1.89 m (6 ft 2 in) Chicago Bulls
    C 13 Wallace, Ben 27 – 10 September 1974 2.06 m (6 ft 9 in) Detroit Pistons
    F 14 Brand, Elton 23 – 11 March 1979 2.06 m (6 ft 9 in) Los Angeles Clippers
    C 15 LaFrentz, Raef 26 – 29 May 1976 2.11 m (6 ft 11in) Denver Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Pop cannot hold a candle against Obradovic. He's by far the greatest of all time.
    yet he has 0 wins in the best league in the world. Look, not to be one of those American's that is all about us, but the NBA represents the best players in the world, hands down. Until you win in the NBA, you have no claim to best anything in basketball.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

nothing would be sweeter seeing a widely respected Euro coach come over and succeed in the league of whiny babies, that is for sure.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yet he has 0 wins in the best league in the world. Look, not to be one of those American's that is all about us, but the NBA represents the best players in the world, hands down. Until you win in the NBA, you have no claim to best anything in basketball.
    Hang on a min, he has 0 losses too! Googled "Popovic talks about Obradovic" and came up with this (it's in the Serbian national team's Fb page and on Utube), watch it, it's very interesting hearing Popovic saying "Honestly, I steal from him all the time" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY12cFjrHjU (the interview was in Serbia).

Last edited by NBA all the way; 07-02-2020 at 03:09 PM.

nothing would be sweeter seeing a widely respected Euro coach come over and succeed in the league of whiny babies, that is for sure.
    I'm always for good coaching, but a lot of good coaches have been run out by entitled players who don't fit what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm always for good coaching, but a lot of good coaches have been run out by entitled players who don't fit what they need.
    Kudos to that, Obradovic could replace Pops on the Spurs, but no more than two or three other NBA teams. Certainly not the Lakers!

You have that already! On the Raptors it's Nurse what people see, but it's Sergio Scariollo (the world champion with Spain) the "real boss" behind the scene! He got them an NBA championship!

You have that already! On the Raptors it's Nurse what people see, but it's Sergio Scariollo (the world champion with Spain) the "real boss" behind the scene! He got them an NBA championship!

Igor Kokoskov is reportedly rumored to be the favourite in replacing Obradovic at Fener's wheel.

Jeljko Obradovic has said in interview that he plans to take the season off and relax for a year.

This x100000.

You want to say he is a genius coach and the greatest Euro coach. I'm down with it. I saw the resume. It speaks for itself. To be THAT successful with so many different teams proves he is an incredible motivator and knows the x's and o's as good as anyone over there. But Hawk is completely right here. To me that is why ranking Wooden on an all-time coaching list is also so difficult. That's why most lists tend to rank them within their league.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    This x100000.

You want to say he is a genius coach and the greatest Euro coach. I'm down with it. I saw the resume. It speaks for itself. To be THAT successful with so many different teams proves he is an incredible motivator and knows the x's and o's as good as anyone over there. But Hawk is completely right here. To me that is why ranking Wooden on an all-time coaching list is also so difficult. That's why most lists tend to rank them within their league.
    Don't think that Obradovic hasn't had offers from NBA teams which he has rejected.

He has said on interview "I don't speak with managers, I only speak with owners and I have the first and the last word on the players I want on the team I'm coaching".

This means that he won't accept "just coaching" but only if it is "coaching and president of basketball operations", partly the reason why I believe that if he will ever come in the NBA, it will be to take the Spurs and will be suggested by (his friend and "student") coach Pops himself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast