Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Red Wings will pick #4, some playoff loser picks #1

The team that will pick No. 1 overall in the 2020 NHL Draft went unidentified during the NHL Draft Lottery on Friday night.
    That's because one of the 16 teams set to participate in the NHL's play-in round for the retooled Stanley Cup Playoffs will receive that No. 1 overall pick. Per TSN's Frank Seravalli, each of the eight teams eliminated in the opening round will have an equal 12.5 percent chance in "a second lottery draw to be conducted at a later date." The "phase one" lottery results: 1. TBD, 2. Los Angeles Kings, 3. Ottawa Senators, 4. Detroit Red Wings, 5. Ottawa Senators, 6. Anaheim Ducks, 7. New Jersey Devils, 8. Buffalo Sabres. Canadian winger Alexis Lafreniere is the prize that awaits the organization that ultimately grabs that top selection.
    via rotoworld

*ahem*

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

figures

If this doesn't show that how the current system is broken, I don't know what will.

We sat here thinking, "oh, we have the worst record so we will get the #1 pick". But, in reality we had a 50.6% chance of selecting 4th. How the **** that is acceptable for the worst team in the NHL is ridiculous. We received exactly where we were most likely to select at. Had more of a chance to select #4 than 1, 2, and 3 combined.

Ridiculous.

AND, you're going to give a team that is still playing for a chance to make the playoffs the #1 pick? **** is broken. Needs to be fixed. Terrible. Just give the worst team based on record the #1 pick. I don't think you'd see the type of tanking you see in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    If this doesn't show that how the current system is broken, I don't know what will.

We sat here thinking, "oh, we have the worst record so we will get the #1 pick". But, in reality we had a 50.6% chance of selecting 4th. How the **** that is acceptable for the worst team in the NHL is ridiculous. We received exactly where we were most likely to select at. Had more of a chance to select #4 than 1, 2, and 3 combined.

Ridiculous.

AND, you're going to give a team that is still playing for a chance to make the playoffs the #1 pick? **** is broken. Needs to be fixed. Terrible. Just give the worst team based on record the #1 pick. I don't think you'd see the type of tanking you see in the NBA.
    This all of this. This is straight up BS. I think the NHL really needs to look into this.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

if you endorse your coach, and you flop massively, you should either get the #1 pick and be forced to keep the bum coach, or get screwed and kiss the bum coach goodbye

Now we're in a spot where we didn't get the pick and we're stuck with the turd burglar coach for another year, so he can fail again, and we'll get screwed again, and the young talent won't develop

Rangers get the #1 pick.

I can live with that given the other ******** options it could have been.

I'm still in utter shock how messed up the draft lottery is for the NHL. Yes, I'm happy the Penguins, Leafs, or Oilers did not win the #1 pick but to still have team that put up 40 more points than us win the #1 pick is just ****ing *** backwards.

If they haven't already, they need to fix this **** before next year's draft. I understand that tanking is an issue in the NBA and NFL but I just don't see that happening in the NHL. These are players that are going to go in every day and give it there all (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I'm still in utter shock how messed up the draft lottery is for the NHL. Yes, I'm happy the Penguins, Leafs, or Oilers did not win the #1 pick but to still have team that put up 40 more points than us win the #1 pick is just ****ing *** backwards.

If they haven't already, they need to fix this **** before next year's draft. I understand that tanking is an issue in the NBA and NFL but I just don't see that happening in the NHL. These are players that are going to go in every day and give it there all (in my opinion).
    not to mention it makes Stevie Y look bad, he's all aboard the tank train and it got derailed already

the plan for next season will have to be the same, there's no other option

bleh

Offense first at #4 and I want Marco Rossi badly. I think he might be the second best player in this draft when all said and done. Screw the size issue, the guy can handle the rough stuff and he SCORES. He has a good chance of being better than Byfield and Stutzle. That being said, I would take one of those guys also at #4.