Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Ironically Pinsonís best game in the NBA came last January against the Knicks lol

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Once you get over the term ďwaivedĒ and realize that he was a free agent anyway, youíll see that it was actually a smart/savvy move. Whatís done is already done with Trier. If they want him back, they can sign him. Heís a free agent.

I donít think they want him though, but just saying. Whatís the point of waiting until October for this to happen on its own? I think people are looking too much into the words waived and cut. Would there be this much of an uproar if they just simply chose not to re-sign him instead? Itís the same thing given that there are no more games left to be played.

All they did was remove him from the roster a few months ahead of time while their season is over to get a look at another player and acquire a tradable contract.
    Waived, Cut,...call it whatever you want but the Knicks refused to offer Trier his qualifying offer which was 4.5mill. that' it. 4.5mill. They OBVIOUSLY don't want him and he would be sick in the head if he came back to the Knicks after last yrs treatment. Seriously, Treir was almost a 50/40/90 player as a rookie for the ****** Knicks and he got benched. This isn't savvy, it's just stupid and it's based on something having nothing to do with basketball.

What rookie doesn't have deficiencies that need to be worked on? Once again, imo, this isn't about basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Waived, Cut,...call it whatever you want but the Knicks refused to offer Trier his qualifying offer which was 4.5mill. that' it. 4.5mill. They OBVIOUSLY don't want him and he would be sick in the head if he came back to the Knicks after last yrs treatment. Seriously, Treir was almost a 50/40/90 player as a rookie for the ****** Knicks and he got benched. This isn't savvy, it's just stupid and it's based on something having nothing to do with basketball.

What rookie doesn't have deficiencies that need to be worked on? Once again, imo, this isn't about basketball.
    I agree this looks like a typical knicks move

Watch trier go to brk and be really good smh

Itís stupid is what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

he's not a rookie and he'll be 25 at the start of next season. I get that you like him, but have you ever thought that maybe there's a reason he has the rep he has and went undrafted?, maybe the NBA all the coaches aren't out to get him in some big conspiracy? maybe he's just a stubborn and selfish player who wants to ISO and not do anything else? i meant he man literally calls himself ISOZO.

teams and coaches work with talent, they don't want to just give up on talent for no reason. and Trier clearly has talent, that's never been his issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Itís stupid is what it is

You completely missed what I was saying.

Since they already knew they werenít re-signing him and/or that he wouldnít want to come back like you just said, then it was smart to do it now to take advantage of everything currently going on.

The people crying about trier is lol. Listen I thought he had some potential to be a sixth man but the guy does nothing outside of iso. Heís nowhere near Lou will or jamal level at creating his own shot. Heís a bottom feeder on defense. Itís not a big loss. Pinson stinks probably just going to help match a contract or something.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Knicks Waive Trier

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he's not a rookie and he'll be 25 at the start of next season. I get that you like him, but have you ever thought that maybe there's a reason he has the rep he has and went undrafted?, maybe the NBA all the coaches aren't out to get him in some big conspiracy? maybe he's just a stubborn and selfish player who wants to ISO and not do anything else? i meant he man literally calls himself ISOZO.

teams and coaches work with talent, they don't want to just give up on talent for no reason. and Trier clearly has talent, that's never been his issue.
    He didnít say he was a rookie now. He mentioned his rookie shooting #s and the fact that despite having good #s as a rookie he got little chance last year. Itís true.

Last edited by ewing; 06-28-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Knicks Waive Trier

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    You completely missed what I was saying.

Since they already knew they werenít re-signing him and/or that he wouldnít want to come back like you just said, then it was smart to do it now to take advantage of everything currently going on.
    No I got it. Giving up on him was a bad decision. Did they mitigate it? I guess. [emoji2373].

Last edited by ewing; 06-28-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Knicks need shooters Knicks just don't know it see ya Trier.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Knicks need shooters Knicks just don't know it see ya Trier.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    He shot 2 3s a game. Even last year. He showed he can only shoot after 50 dribbles and an iso. Good luck contributing that way. He canít create his shot at the level you need to be an iso guy. I like him but he wasnít anything special.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Knicks Waive Trier

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    He shot 2 3s a game. Even last year. He showed he can only shoot after 50 dribbles and an iso. Good luck contributing that way. He canít create his shot at the level you need to be an iso guy. I like him but he wasnít anything special.
    You realize he only played 12 mins per game, right?

Over 36 minutes he would he averaging almost 7 3ís a game. He was shooting plenty ó both off the dribble and on C&S.

He also went to the FT line a pretty good amount. As a scorer, he was one of our most efficient players. But this team seems to be allergic to efficiency and shooters so cutting him doesnít surprise me.

Knicks Waive Trier

Also idea that Trier was a ballhog is a bit misguided. His career USG% is only 21% which isnít high at all for a scorer IMO.

RJís USG% was 24% this season for reference.

Lou Williams who some compare Trier to being like has a USG% of 30% over the last 4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Also idea that Trier was a ballhog is a bit misguided. His career USG% is only 21% which isnít high at all for a scorer IMO.

RJís USG% was 24% this season for reference.

Lou Williams who some compare Trier to being like has a USG% of 30% over the last 4 seasons.
    it would be a lot higher if he had a choice.

Lou Will had an assist rate of 30% last year and 33% the year before, Trier...13.2%. being a ballhog doesn't necessarily mean holding the ball and being high usage. it means shooting almost everytime you DO get it.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    it would be a lot higher if he had a choice.

Lou Will had an assist rate of 30% last year and 33% the year before, Trier...13.2%. being a ballhog doesn't necessarily mean holding the ball and being high usage. it means shooting almost everytime you DO get it.
    Probably would have been to our benefit considering he was clearly one of our most talented scorers. Taking touches away from veteran guys like Randle and Payton? Yes please.

Lou back in 2016-17 had a usage% of 30% with only 3 assists/game. The main difference between the two is that Lou has always taken good care of the basketball whereas Trier hasnít done as well there.

Thereís nothing wrong with being a play finisher as opposed to a playmaker. They tried to force Trier into something he wasnít. They should have left him as a SG instead of trying to make him run PG.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast