Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Stop what, stating facts? The truth hurts. It makes no sense to keep even one of those guys at the expense of Trier. I bet Dotson is the next one to not be retained, just cleaning house for more veterans.
    Bullock >trier. Ellingtonís gone. Just not official till after the season. Trier stinks enough heíll be out of the league or a back end bench guy for the next couple years. I like Dotson but heís nothing special either.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Knicks Waive Trier

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Bullock >trier. Ellingtonís gone. Just not official till after the season. Trier stinks enough heíll be out of the league or a back end bench guy for the next couple years. I like Dotson but heís nothing special either.
    Fun fact: Trier had more total points as a 23 year old rookie than Bullock did in his first four years of his career (age 22-25) total.

Another fact: Trierís rookie season was better than the season Bullock just had for us at age 28. Trier > Bullock easily.

Not every player on the roster is going to be special, but having a solid young core on the bench is important as well.

Fun fact: Trier had more total points as a 23 year old rookie than Bullock did in his first four years of his career (age 22-25) total.

Another fact: Trierís rookie season was better than the season Bullock just had for us at age 28. Trier > Bullock easily.

Not every player on the roster is going to be special, but having a solid young core on the bench is important as well.
    Fun fact bullock will be in the league a lot longer than trier. Fun fact teams want bullock while trier couldnít even fetch a second. Fun fact trier will be out of the league in 2 years.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

ORTg thatís all you talk about lol thatís a vastly overrated Advance stat but whatever. Weíll see how much he plays on his next team.
    I disagree. I believe it measures total offensive efficiency very well. Of course it should be used with other stats and factors as well for context purposes. No one stat can ever tell the whole story.

Knicks Waive Trier

Fun fact bullock will be in the league a lot longer than trier. Fun fact teams want bullock while trier couldnít even fetch a second. Fun fact trier will be out of the league in 2 years.
    Maybe, weíll see. Still doesnít change the fact that Trierís career started much more promising than Bullockís.

Bullock canít create off the dribble like Trier. Regardless of peopleís feelings about ISO, itís still a valuable trait to possess.

Maybe, weíll see. Still doesnít change the fact that Trierís career started much more promising than Bullockís.

Bullock canít create off the dribble like Trier. Regardless of peopleís feelings about ISO, itís still a valuable trait to possess.
    Not when you arenít elite at creating your own shot which trier is far from. He stinks. Youíll see soon enough. Maybe heís made relationships thatíll keep him on the end of a teams bench for a couple more years.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Ellingtonís as good as gone.

Again personally I wouldíve kept Trier to try to develop him but I donít think any team in the league would value him more than Bullock. Bullock simply brings things the modern NBA demands which is quick release catch and shoot threes off motion and perimeter defense. Heís far from a stud but he plays within the flow of an offense and is effective in his role off the bench consistently.

Knicks Waive Trier

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post

Again personally I wouldíve kept Trier to try to develop him but I donít think any team in the league would value him more than Bullock. Bullock simply brings things the modern NBA demands which is quick release catch and shoot threes off motion and perimeter defense. Heís far from a stud but he plays within the flow of an offense and is effective in his role off the bench consistently.
    A rebuilding team like the Knicks would definitely value Trier more than Bullock. Except the Knicks, of course.

Trier could always develop into more of that type of player down the road. He already has the hard part down pat: making jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post

Bullock was pretty awful overall though. I guess Iíll give him the benefit of the doubt, as he was coming off injury

It honestly doesnít make a ton of sense though, on a team as bad as ours, and lacking talent in the backcourt, to dump Trier

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Bullock was pretty awful overall though. I guess Iíll give him the benefit of the doubt, as he was coming off injury

It honestly doesnít make a ton of sense though, on a team as bad as ours, and lacking talent in the backcourt, to dump Trier
    We are waiting for RJ, Frank, DSJ, and Mitch to provide spacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Reggie Bullock is a good man and his story about his sisters, heartbreaking....

Having said that, this clearly falls on the shoulders of GM Scott Perry.

After the Knicks struck out in free agency, Perry using his GM experience signed some cast-offs from his former haunts in Detroit and Orlando...signings he would call "penny stocks" in order to build a Knicks team of value.

Elfrid Payton (Orlando), Reggie Bullock (Detroit) were supposed to be the Knick back court. Neither one of these guys were bonafide starters. They were journeymen. At age 28, Bullock's BEST days are past him. His best season as a shooting guard, a whopping 12.1 ppg.

This "value" team that Perry constructed from Frankestein part only hurt the Knicks chances at LaMelo Ball. It's not going to shock me that Team President Leon Rose is going to have to give up multiple first rounders in order to move up in a draft when the Knicks could have NOT signed a bazillion dead weight vets.

or maybe everything isn't about raw and random stats and Trier just wasn't the best teammate or the best fit for a 12th man.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    or maybe everything isn't about raw and random stats and Trier just wasn't the best teammate or the best fit for a 12th man.
    Can't see that because everyone saw how Trier was the first off the bench applauding teammates last yr. Commentators even expressed how the were impressed with Trier for staying so professional during his bewildering benching. Even the coaches made comments about how professional Trier was behaving cause they knew he was being screwed. This just smells bad and the stench is once again coning from the front office.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Can't see that because everyone saw how Trier was the first off the bench applauding teammates last yr. Commentators even expressed how the were impressed with Trier for staying so professional during his bewildering benching. Even the coaches made comments about how professional Trier was behaving cause they knew he was being screwed. This just smells bad and the stench is once again coning from the front office.
    During the season Trier was also liking posts on Twitter trashing RJ and saying Trier should be playing over him.

So letís chill out with the whole Trier is a great teammate narrative.

there was a report Trier was not well liked by teammates, and Breen called out Trier's selfish play several times. there was the incident with THJR also. When THJR is calling you selfish that's a problem...lol. and in college there was speculation about it also. Trier even said he wanted to change his ISOZO name and then didn't...lol.

who knows, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the FO just felt it was addition by subtraction. Trier is below Frank, RJ, Dotson on the depth chart and we'll probably draft 1 if not 2 more guards who will be above him. there's simply no role for him here and if you want a 12th man Trier is probably not the guy you want in that role.

at the end of the day Trier is just not that good, especially in today's game. people are acting like we cut a borderline all star or something. Trier likely won't even be in the league in 2 years.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast