Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    You realize he only played 12 mins per game, right?

Over 36 minutes he would he averaging almost 7 3ís a game. He was shooting plenty ó both off the dribble and on C&S.

He also went to the FT line a pretty good amount. As a scorer, he was one of our most efficient players. But this team seems to be allergic to efficiency and shooters so cutting him doesnít surprise me.
    Yeah I realize that. Enough with your per 36. Show me the per 36 someone he guards would have. He stinks, he was efficient sure but he was super iso heavy and didnít play team ball. He wonít be anything more than offense off the bench. Weíll see where he goes. He doesnít pass defend or move the ball so good luck.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    it would be a lot higher if he had a choice.

Lou Will had an assist rate of 30% last year and 33% the year before, Trier...13.2%. being a ballhog doesn't necessarily mean holding the ball and being high usage. it means shooting almost everytime you DO get it.
    He couldnít score unless he took 130 dribbles per possession
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

You realize he only played 12 mins per game, right?

Over 36 minutes he would he averaging almost 7 3ís a game. He was shooting plenty ó both off the dribble and on C&S.
    He shot 2 threes per game last year while playing almost 23 minutes per game, but per 36...

Knicks Waive Trier

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah I realize that. Enough with your per 36. Show me the per 36 someone he guards would have. He stinks, he was efficient sure but he was super iso heavy and didnít play team ball. He wonít be anything more than offense off the bench. Weíll see where he goes. He doesnít pass defend or move the ball so good luck.
    I only use per 36 just to illustrate what small sample size numbers could look like with more playing time. Trier could easily attempt 5+ 3s a game if he was given starterís minutes every night.

Not saying the guy is great, but on a team that sucks as much as ours, itís ridiculous we couldnít play and develop him further. 2 years seems awfully impatient for someone who showed promise.

Knicks Waive Trier

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He shot 2 threes per game last year while playing almost 23 minutes per game, but per 36...
    Well he was a rookie and he was having pretty good success in the paint while scoring efficiently as a rookie overall.

This season he drove far less in the limited playing time he had and shot much more while becoming far more efficient. It looked like he made a concerted effort to shoot more 3s, and while his % was down slightly, the extra volume made him more efficient.

His ORtg went from 104 last season to 115 this season so itís clear that made some improvements. Guess thatís not enough.

And he shot the same amount of 3s in 12 mins this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    And he shot the same amount of 3s in 12 mins this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I know. I was talking about using per 36 to say a player would shoot 7 per game with more minutes when that player has never even attempted more than 5 in a game when getting big minutes and has only done that 6 times. Itís not his game, so no need to pretend that it was.

Well he was a rookie and he was having pretty good success in the paint while scoring efficiently as a rookie overall.

This season he drove far less in the limited playing time he had and shot much more while becoming far more efficient. It looked like he made a concerted effort to shoot more 3s, and while his % was down slightly, the extra volume made him more efficient.

His ORtg went from 104 last season to 115 this season so itís clear that made some improvements. Guess thatís not enough.
    Please see the bold and then also add in mostly garbage time.

I only use per 36 just to illustrate what small sample size numbers could look like with more playing time. Trier could easily attempt 5+ 3s a game if he was given starterís minutes every night.

Not saying the guy is great, but on a team that sucks as much as ours, itís ridiculous we couldnít play and develop him further. 2 years seems awfully impatient for someone who showed promise.
    I donít disagree with the fact that he should have played. I would have played Knox 30 minutes a game too. But we had idiots in the front office . Heís ok. Heís nothing special. We shouldnít cry over him being cut.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

ORTg thatís all you talk about lol thatís a vastly overrated Advance stat but whatever. Weíll see how much he plays on his next team.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Knicks Waive Trier

Please see the bold and then also add in mostly garbage time.
    Playing in only garbage time wasnít his fault.

Yes, I know. I was talking about using per 36 to say a player would shoot 7 per game with more minutes when that player has never even attempted more than 5 in a game when getting big minutes and has only done that 6 times. Itís not his game, so no need to pretend that it was.
    Like I said in the other post, I wasnít trying to suggest that Trier would be jacking up 7 3s a game with starterís minutes. But I donít think itís unrealistic to think he could shoot 5+ 3s a game if he did.

Trier shot a lot of 3s in college (roughly 1/2 of his shots were 3s), so really what he did his rookie season was an outlier. Trier is a proven shooter and scorer, that much is clear to me.

Playing in only garbage time wasnít his fault.
    I agree, but the stat is meaningless and shows nothing considering itís an extremely small sample size and in mostly garbage time.

Like I said in the other post, I wasnít trying to suggest that Trier would be jacking up 7 3s a game with starterís minutes. But I donít think itís unrealistic to think he could shoot 5+ 3s a game if he did.

Trier shot a lot of 3s in college (roughly 1/2 of his shots were 3s), so really what he did his rookie season was an outlier. Trier is a proven shooter and scorer, that much is clear to me.
    The line was shorter in college. Plenty of players were able to shoot a college three and then ended up being more mid range/long twos oriented in the NBA. I am not saying he cannot shoot NBA threes, just that he hasnít shot or made many. Also, you canít just assume heíd be good at it with the likelihood of his percentages dropping on increased volume.

We do not know how much of it he wouldíve maintained. Itís completely possible that it would translate, but itís still more likely that it would take a dip. You guys are talking about it as a definite, but itís not.

We all agree that he shouldíve gotten a shot and that the Knicks mismanaged the situation, but at the end of the day heís a replaceable player. Heís not making or breaking this team.

This was mentioned in the draft thread, but have we not learned anything from other players that weíve hyped and overrated in the past as a fan base that literally then went on to do nothing? People cried when Galloway was let go. Did it really matter in the end? Not even Lin went on to do anything. This is just typical Knicks fan base reaction.

If other teams valued him as much, he surely wouldíve been claimed for what some are pointing out as only $4.5 million, but he wasnít. Add that to him also being undrafted for a reason.

Heíll get another shot next season on likely a minimum contract, letís see what happens then. I enjoyed his time here and wish he were given more of a chance, but losing him is super low on the totem pole of things we have to worry about as Knicks fans.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-28-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Knicks Waive Trier

I think itís pretty definite that Trier is a good shooter. He was even shooting 62% on mid-range jumpers this season which is absurd and unsustainable, but also explains the slightly lower 3PT% this season.

Trier is a good FT shooter (80%) and a career 38% from 3 thus far in his short career. He did the same thing in college. Itís shame guys like Bullock, Ellington, and all these veterans are still on the team while a promising young player like Trier gets the axe.

I think itís pretty definite that Trier is a good shooter. He was even shooting 62% on mid-range jumpers this season which is absurd and unsustainable, but also explains the slightly lower 3PT% this season.

Trier is a good FT shooter (80%) and a career 38% from 3 thus far in his short career. He did the same thing in college. Itís shame guys like Bullock, Ellington, and all these veterans are still on the team while a promising young player like Trier gets the axe.
    Stop. Ellington will be cut and bullock might who knows about that one
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Knicks Waive Trier

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Stop. Ellington will be cut and bullock might who knows about that one
    Stop what, stating facts? The truth hurts. It makes no sense to keep even one of those guys at the expense of Trier. I bet Dotson is the next one to not be retained, just cleaning house for more veterans.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast