Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I guess that would be the best route if they can't get a starter. Kind like what the Yanks have been doing.

Seager would be a nice DH addition

Edit: or get Bradley and Starling Marte

Marlins trade Villar to Toronto and also acquired Starling Marte

With 8 minutes left, if Tommy Milone was the only move, yikes.

Reports are that both Bundy and Lynn are staying put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like ATL stood firm on what they have.

Pretty alarming that AA did nothing today. There’s no chance for success in the playoffs with the current state of the rotation.

2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Unbelievable, this dude takes no risks, we need someone That Is not afraid, AA isn't That guy. In fact I understand if he couldn't get another SP, Clevinger was the only very good starter traded and We might've been close, the Indians could very Well preferred the padres package, I can respect That.

But not improving anywhere else? A bench bat? A platoon partner for Duvall? Starling Marte was traded, he would've been a good fit for us. Marte/Acuña/Markakis /Duvall would've been great, that's the platoon partner for Duvall. The Phillies, Marlins and Mets all did something, this Is pitiful.

AA has gotta go. Given the keys to the kingdom, understood from everyone else that not all the "prospects" could make it.and he needed to deal them in 2018, 19 or prior to 2020 for MLB ready talent....failed every step of the way abd has watched prospects go from tons of value to worthless. Meanwhile, he has a team that has a great window to win it all, and he sat on doing nothing with maybe the worst SP rotation in baseball.

Also, just think of the message sent to the clubhouse....you obviously know SP is a massive need. Yet the GM makes ZERO moves. But you have to be comforted he picked up an 87 mph fastball SP that blew a 10 run lead. I am sick to my stomach, so I can't imagine what it is like to be Freddie Freeman or a guy like Markakis that came back for his team to win. Why spend money on 1 yr contracts for Ozuna, Hamels, Melancon, Greene, etc when you were going to stand pat on a need for a SP?

I figured it would be very doom and gloom in here. I don't think some of you understand just how bad the bottom end of our farm is with all of the penalties we got. Can't go and deal a bunch of guys every singe year right now with all of that going on. You can thank Coppolella for that. Reason Indians wanted Waters++ when it only took the 7-8-11 specs from the Padres. We are just very very top heavy in that regard.

Also some reports teams wanted young players on our current roster like a Anderson or Riley, major league ready guys. I trust AA, you guys make it seem like he has never made a trade ever when he rebuilt the BP at the deadline last year. I'm fine with not blowing our load in a weird season where a guy could get Covid in the playoffs and miss a series with it being only 3 games and 8 teams alot of **** can happen. We are a stupid young team you gotta think long term, Clev would of been ok but seems they wanted guys AA wasn't going to give up and I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    AA has gotta go. Given the keys to the kingdom, understood from everyone else that not all the "prospects" could make it.and he needed to deal them in 2018, 19 or prior to 2020 for MLB ready talent....failed every step of the way abd has watched prospects go from tons of value to worthless. Meanwhile, he has a team that has a great window to win it all, and he sat on doing nothing with maybe the worst SP rotation in baseball.

Also, just think of the message sent to the clubhouse....you obviously know SP is a massive need. Yet the GM makes ZERO moves. But you have to be comforted he picked up an 87 mph fastball SP that blew a 10 run lead. I am sick to my stomach, so I can't imagine what it is like to be Freddie Freeman or a guy like Markakis that came back for his team to win. Why spend money on 1 yr contracts for Ozuna, Hamels, Melancon, Greene, etc when you were going to stand pat on a need for a SP?
    to be fair this year sucks period. they expanded the playoffs so there are less seller. I don't know what the whole issue was with the Clevenger trade but, its kind of weird that the Braves couldn't match an offer the Padres had given the fact that the Braves supposedly have one of the top farm systems in the league.

But, I do agree to not be able to pull anything off except to get a soft tossing left hander who is just an innings eater is absurd. There had to of been some move some where that they could have pulled off to give the braves some kind of help.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    to be fair this year sucks period. they expanded the playoffs so there are less seller. I don't know what the whole issue was with the Clevenger trade but, its kind of weird that the Braves couldn't match an offer the Padres had given the fact that the Braves supposedly have one of the top farm systems in the league.

But, I do agree to not be able to pull anything off except to get a soft tossing left hander who is just an innings eater is absurd. There had to of been some move some where that they could have pulled off to give the braves some kind of help.
    Padres have the 2nd best farm(Still 2nd after all of their trades), we are 8th right now. Probably drop out of the top 10 when Anderson gets enough innings.

I think we are seeing the affects of the coppy scandal. AA was river boat gambler in Toronto. He knows he can't sign international prospects to weather the storm of trading prospects. Dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I figured it would be very doom and gloom in here. I don't think some of you understand just how bad the bottom end of our farm is with all of the penalties we got. Can't go and deal a bunch of guys every singe year right now with all of that going on. You can thank Coppolella for that. Reason Indians wanted Waters++ when it only took the 7-8-11 specs from the Padres. We are just very very top heavy in that regard.

Also some reports teams wanted young players on our current roster like a Anderson or Riley, major league ready guys. I trust AA, you guys make it seem like he has never made a trade ever when he rebuilt the BP at the deadline last year. I'm fine with not blowing our load in a weird season where a guy could get Covid in the playoffs and miss a series with it being only 3 games and 8 teams alot of **** can happen. We are a stupid young team you gotta think long term, Clev would of been ok but seems they wanted guys AA wasn't going to give up and I'm fine with that.
    As I said, I understand That he couldn't get a top starter, there weren't many out there, what I don't get Is why he didn't adressed other needs, you believe trading for Marte or someone like him will kill our farm system?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post

I'm fine with not giving up Waters + for Clevinger or Lynn. I can totally understand that. I'm having a much harder time with not getting somebody like Minor or Ray. Minor went for the A's 22nd prospect and an 11th round unranked prospect. Ray was traded for a 27 year old former rule 5 pick reliever who has a 7.84 ERA this year. I understand the struggles both have had this year but taking a chance on one of them for basically pennies is worth the risk. Minor, for example, looked to be turning a corner after shutting out the Dodgers during his last start. I'd much rather give the ball to Minor every 5 days as opposed to Erlin or Tomlin.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm fine with not giving up Waters + for Clevinger or Lynn. I can totally understand that. I'm having a much harder time with not getting somebody like Minor or Ray. Minor went for the A's 22nd prospect and an 11th round unranked prospect. Ray was traded for a 27 year old former rule 5 pick reliever who has a 7.84 ERA this year. I understand the struggles both have had this year but taking a chance on one of them for basically pennies is worth the risk. Minor, for example, looked to be turning a corner after shutting out the Dodgers during his last start. I'd much rather give the ball to Minor every 5 days as opposed to Erlin or Tomlin.
    I agree on all counts.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast