5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

I like the Milone pickup depending on the PTNL's going the other way. He's a lefty and throws strikes and doesn't walk people. With our D hopefully he gives up less hits, although HRs will be an issue with him.

Rumor is Braves are part of talks for Clevinger. It is also rumored CLE wants 4 good prospects.

Clevinger is locked up through 2022 through ARB. He will he 31 in 2022.

The questions is what would you be willing to deal for Clevinger? I personally would give-up quite a bit. He gives ATL immediate help this season, plus for two more years at a fair price. A rotation lead by Soroka, Fried, & Clevinger would be a really good starting point for the next two seasons.

I think ATL could part with Waters, a catching prospect, a young SP with upside, and one other piece to push the conversation. I think Waters, Contreras, Ynoa, Newcomb would look pretty attractive. That is a top 100 OF prospect, a fringe top 10 C prospect, plus a couple arms with some upside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do people always try and deal Waters in every deal for every SP lol. I'm not dealing him or Contreras for any SP unless your talking DeGrom level type. We have enough pitching to send them more pitching to get it done. Dealing position players for pitchers is such a bad move IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Why do people always try and deal Waters in every deal for every SP lol. I'm not dealing him or Contreras for any SP unless your talking DeGrom level type. We have enough pitching to send them more pitching to get it done. Dealing position players for pitchers is such a bad move IMO.
    Because ATL already has 2 OF slots locked up with Acuna and Pache. And a 3rd OF is a lot cheaper to sign than a frontline SP.

I am a big fan of Waters. I am not in a hurry to deal him. But a guy like Clevinger is a frontline SP with team control for more than 2 years. On top of that, just look at this year - no team can ever have too much SP. even with Clevinger, ATL would still have to fill 2 rotation spots moving forward, plus have depth. Trading multiple young arms for one SP decimates the depth that ATL has worked so hard to get in their pitching ranks.

If you want ATL to not trade top prospects for SP, that is fine. They can get a couple guys that hopefully eat innings (like they did earlier today), but we all know that is a short term solution at best (if at all). If you want ATL to get a SP of Clevinger’s caliber is going to cost them.

Waters is a top 100 prospect, Contreras is not. Nor is he ATL’s best catching prospect. He is a good prospect, but he is also expendable in the right deal. To me saying you won’t trade Contreras (a guy not ranked in the top 100) for anything less than a top 2 SP in all of baseball is short sighted. The deal I proposed offered one top 100 prospect (which Clevinger would certainly warrant), a top catching prospect (which is a position of depth for ATL), and two pitching “prospects”, one of which is nearing the “needs a change of scenery” portion of their time in ATL. I didn’t offer-up selling the farm for a rental.

The thing is you can't bank on Pache, yes the glove should be good but we don't know about the bat. Waters is great to have and to see what happens. If he is good and so is Pache then you have your three OF locked up for awhile and can spend money at a spot we don't have or a pitcher.

I also view Contreras as our best catcher right now in the minors. Yeah Langeliers is rated higher but he doesn't scream clear cut better yet. Both are the same age as well.

Clevinger is solid don't get me wrong but I just don't think he's good enough to send our biggest trade chip. As I said though I'm someone who doesn't like to send high end position players for pitchers, it almost never works out.

The thing is you can't bank on Pache, yes the glove should be good but we don't know about the bat. Waters is great to have and to see what happens. If he is good and so is Pache then you have your three OF locked up for awhile and can spend money at a spot we don't have or a pitcher.

I also view Contreras as our best catcher right now in the minors. Yeah Langeliers is rated higher but he doesn't scream clear cut better yet. Both are the same age as well.

Clevinger is solid don't get me wrong but I just don't think he's good enough to send our biggest trade chip. As I said though I'm someone who doesn't like to send high end position players for pitchers, it almost never works out.
    I also view Contreras as our best catcher. Every report I read on him raved about how good he looked this summer. He had a promising few games to start the year too. Both catchers are strong defenders but it looks like Contreras bat is further along and closer to major league ready.

2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon

Waters is far from a sure thing, too. All prospects are. That’s why they are prospects. I also wouldn’t say Waters is ATL’s best trade chip; he is just the best trade chip AA is willing to trade.

Again, I am a big fan of Waters. I always have been. I am not in a hurry to deal him. I just feel like Clevinger is the kind of guy who makes ATL a true contender for the next few years when your 1-2-3 is Soroka-Fried-Clevinger. Waters and Contreras probably aren’t making that same impact in that time.

This really comes down to the short term verse long term. I usually would side with Wrench and think long term, but I think ATL has a team that can compete for a WS over the next few years and sometimes you have to take your shot. I think this may be one of those times.

Don’t want to get ahead of myself but it’s looking like Riley is starting to figure things out. He’s been swinging the bat well lately. If he can turn it on this lineup will be stacked if/when Albies is healthy.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Don’t want to get ahead of myself but it’s looking like Riley is starting to figure things out. He’s been swinging the bat well lately. If he can turn it on this lineup will be stacked if/when Albies is healthy.

Yeah, Riley has been looming much better. Him at 3B and Camargo in the UTIL role is really nice. The lineup with everyone healthy starts looking really good if Riley is producing.

Of course, Acuna promptly leaves the game. He was rubbing his hamstring, but not sure why.

Milone outing tonight Just show us That We need better, AA has been a good GM but he looks like He's afraid to lose his job, never going big, Just doing enough to be a good but not a great team.

We scored 10 runs in the second inning, we're in the third and Is 10-6.

Why Clevinger? Well, because we have sat on these mega pitching prospects, and as projected, 1 of 8 or 10 pans out. Let's get someone that there isn't a 10% chance of success instead of getting an 86 mph fastball guy like Milone and watch him get rocked. This team is a good starting staff away from a real title shot, and going for one yr guys like Hamels, Keuchel instead of getting some frontline guys has killled any hope of being anything more than an early playoff exit

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Why Clevinger? Well, because we have sat on these mega pitching prospects, and as projected, 1 of 8 or 10 pans out. Let's get someone that there isn't a 10% chance of success instead of getting an 86 mph fastball guy like Milone and watch him get rocked. This team is a good starting staff away from a real title shot, and going for one yr guys like Hamels, Keuchel instead of getting some frontline guys has killled any hope of being anything more than an early playoff exit
    Morosi said Indians have asked for Waters in trade talks for Clevinger. Hopefully a trade goes down. Millone getting rocked might pressure AA

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...899209729?s=20

Clev isn't this front line for sure ace you guys are making him out to be. Would be a very good #3 and a ok #2. He has been kinda meh to start this season as well coming back from Cancer.

I really hope we’re not about to blow a 10-0 lead

2020 Vikings Draft: