Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    4 in a row. AA is gonna need to be aggressive for a starter. Not sure who will be available but playoff time you need 3 strong starters. We already have two in Soroka or Fried. We’ll see what unfolds in the nexts 2-3 weeks but a starter will be high on the list. Make a trade and pray Hamels is ready for the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Just imagine being a mets fan. They left 15 on base today, and 33 in termw of addi n g up individual totals today. First time since 1987 they had at least 10 hits and not score any runs.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    4 in a row. AA is gonna need to be aggressive for a starter. Not sure who will be available but playoff time you need 3 strong starters. We already have two in Soroka or Fried. We’ll see what unfolds in the nexts 2-3 weeks but a starter will be high on the list. Make a trade and pray Hamels is ready for the playoffs.

With expanded playoffs less teams are going to be sellers, so there won't be a lot of good candidatos to go after at the deadline, some interesting guys could potentially be available:

1. Lance Lynn, absolutely great season in 2019, 6+ fWAR, has done Well in two start this year and Is under contract through 2021 at a modest price tag. Veteran starter who will balance our staff.

2. Matthew Boyd, still a guy who Is developing, so some untaped potential here, solid year in 2019 3.3 fWAR, big strikeout guy, under contract for 3 years including this one.

Okay guys, We can call it a season now, Soroka is out of the game with what appear to me an achilles injury, was helped off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Okay guys, We can call it a season now, Soroka is out of the game with what appear to me an achilles injury, was helped off the field.
    Saw a slow mo of the injury and it kinda looks like you can see the Achilles pop. Brutal injury.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Saw a slow mo of the injury and it kinda looks like you can see the Achilles pop. Brutal injury.

yup, his season is over, and that braves will likely be finishing qell under..500 with this trash rotation.

Fried
    Toussaint
    Wright
    Wilson
    Anderson

LOL. Trash

Quote Originally Posted by BarvestoBraves View Post
    yup, his season is over, and that braves will likely be finishing qell under..500 with this trash rotation.

Fried
    Toussaint
    Wright
    Wilson
    Anderson

LOL. Trash
    Typical knee jerk reaction. We’re not finishing under .500, especially with AA in control. Not down playing the significance of losing one of the better starters in the league but the bullpen and line up are still very strong. If AA can pull off a trade for a starter like Lance Lynn we might have enough to go on a run. We still haven’t seen what Ian Anderson can do yet and whenever Kyle Wright puts it all together he’s going to be a top 3 starter. Plus, although I’m not counting on him, there’s a chance we get Hamels back. He might be able to offer something. There’s still hope despite the odds getting much longer. With the playoffs expanded we still have a really good shot of getting in.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Braves confirmed Soroka tore his Achilles. He’s out for the season and might not be ready for the start of 2021.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Potential trade targets:

Lance Lynn
    Mike Minor
    Charlie Morton
    Jeff Samardzija
    Matt Boyd
    Joe Musgrove
    Robbie Ray

Really depends who falls out of the race. Only a handful of teams like the Tigers and Pirates who you can guarantee won’t have any chance.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Samardzija might be a good add. ATL could try and eat a bulk of his salary and not have to give much up. He is certainly nothing flashy, but I would say he fits what AA has been doing.

- Last year of his deal, so he blocks no one and requires no long term commitment.
    - Won’t cost a very good prospect.
    - Is good enough to help this rotation and capable of eating innings while some youngsters won’t.

To be honest, I would look at moving Inciarte in a deal for an arm. I think Pache can offer ATL everything Ender does, plus it saves some $$ now and into the future. Especially with the DH, Pache can hit in the 9-hole and his defense alone will make him valuable in ATL. If he starts getting on base in front of Acuna & Albies, even better. And ATLs OF defense is basically the same with Ozuna-Pache-Acuna and Duvall as a #4. All of that is true for Ender, but Pache does it at a fraction of the cost.

If AA could move Ender as part of a deal for Lance Lynn, I think that would be perfect. Gives ATL through 2021 with Lynn, the $$ almost completely evens out, and CF is open for Pache.

I will say I think it is moving Pache quickly, but I think using the next 50 games as a learning curve for Pache could really help him produce better next year; more so than the alternative this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Samardzija might be a good add. ATL could try and eat a bulk of his salary and not have to give much up. He is certainly nothing flashy, but I would say he fits what AA has been doing.

- Last year of his deal, so he blocks no one and requires no long term commitment.
    - Won’t cost a very good prospect.
    - Is good enough to help this rotation and capable of eating innings while some youngsters won’t.

To be honest, I would look at moving Inciarte in a deal for an arm. I think Pache can offer ATL everything Ender does, plus it saves some $$ now and into the future. Especially with the DH, Pache can hit in the 9-hole and his defense alone will make him valuable in ATL. If he starts getting on base in front of Acuna & Albies, even better. And ATLs OF defense is basically the same with Ozuna-Pache-Acuna and Duvall as a #4. All of that is true for Ender, but Pache does it at a fraction of the cost.

If AA could move Ender as part of a deal for Lance Lynn, I think that would be perfect. Gives ATL through 2021 with Lynn, the $$ almost completely evens out, and CF is open for Pache.

I will say I think it is moving Pache quickly, but I think using the next 50 games as a learning curve for Pache could really help him produce better next year; more so than the alternative this year.

I'm curious what Inciarte's value is. He's off to another slow start at the plate so I can't image it's too high. If we can move him, I'm all for it. Like you said, Pache will give us the same value with his glove and right now it's not crazy to say the bat would be comparable. With Markakis coming back our OF depth would still be strong.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

The decision not to sign Charlie Morton after the 2018 season because it would require more than a 1 year deal definitely was a miss by AA. Morton had been good in Houston and has been really good for Tampa Bay, all the while facing some pretty tough AL lineups. I understand the desire to not block the progress of the young guys with a veteran but this rotation would certainly look quite a bit better right now if it had Morton in it.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    The decision not to sign Charlie Morton after the 2018 season because it would require more than a 1 year deal definitely was a miss by AA. Morton had been good in Houston and has been really good for Tampa Bay, all the while facing some pretty tough AL lineups. I understand the desire to not block the progress of the young guys with a veteran but this rotation would certainly look quite a bit better right now if it had Morton in it.
    If the Rays fall out of contention I'm sure they would be open to offers on Morton. He has an option for 2021 as well. For a team like the Rays, I'm sure they'll be ok with parting with a 36 year old pitcher for prospects and saving some cash.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

With so many more teams in the playoffs will be awhile before alot of teams sell.

Adams left the game with hamstring tightness
    2020 Vikings Draft: