Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Braves finally putting the ball in play and what do ya know, base hits, doubles, throwing errors all leading to runs.

As everyone expected our offense came though last night, FF with a huge game and suddenly his numbers are Freeman like, still not worried with Acuña, he's going to have a couple of huge games and be back on track, same with Ozzie.

Soroka was really good all game, I'm pretty sure That if it was later in the year he finish the inning and probably retire the side without anyone scoring, O'day was really good last year with runners on, so I won't let a single game change my mind, he's good.

With Fried tonight I know we would get the chance to win the game, but the time to make a decision about Folty spot Is nearing, should We go with Chacin? B. Wilson? Tomlin? Touki? If I was the one making the choice I think I'd go with Chacin for at least the next start.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    As everyone expected our offense came though last night, FF with a huge game and suddenly his numbers are Freeman like, still not worried with Acuña, he's going to have a couple of huge games and be back on track, same with Ozzie.

Soroka was really good all game, I'm pretty sure That if it was later in the year he finish the inning and probably retire the side without anyone scoring, O'day was really good last year with runners on, so I won't let a single game change my mind, he's good.

With Fried tonight I know we would get the chance to win the game, but the time to make a decision about Folty spot Is nearing, should We go with Chacin? B. Wilson? Tomlin? Touki? If I was the one making the choice I think I'd go with Chacin for at least the next start.
    I'd go with either Chacin or Tomlin. Both have shown they can handle multiple innings and spot start if need be. I do think though a better long term option will need to be found. But out of what they have now, those two are the best options. Touki has constantly struggled, as well as Wilson.

Folty cleared waivers and was sent to the "alternate training site". He's still in their 60 man roster pool but not the active 40 man roster.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Folty cleared waivers and was sent to the "alternate training site". He's still in their 60 man roster pool but not the active 40 man roster.
    That probably is of no surprise to anyone. I suspect he will eventually get one more opportunity, but that'll be his last chance I think.

Don’t look now, busy Swanson might be on his way to living up to some of his hype. When healthy, he has been a good hitter the last year+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fried was really good tonight. 6 2/3 and was in total control.

Soon as Fried runs into the least bit of trouble, snit pulls him and puts Puke jackson in. Gives up a hit and a run immediately on his first pitch.

What is the ****ing logic in using Jackson in these situations?.Hes terrible in late inning small lead situations. Get him the **** out of that pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Don’t look now, busy Swanson might be on his way to living up to some of his hype. When healthy, he has been a good hitter the last year+.

Yeah he’s always shown glimpses of putting everything together but then he gets hurt. I’ve always felt he would eventually break out. Hopefully this is finally it.

Also, Soroka and Fried 1-2 punch for the next 10 years sounds good to me.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Acuña needs to sit tomorrow. Too many poor at bats, too many strikeouts, too many called strike 3 strikeouts.

Somehow despite the million strikeouts and very iffy 3-5 rotation spots, braves are 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by BarvestoBraves View Post
    Acuña needs to sit tomorrow. Too many poor at bats, too many strikeouts, too many called strike 3 strikeouts.
    He was hitting .129 after ten games last year, then finished the month at .276. He seems to be a slow starter.

I’m not that worried about the K’s. Last year the Rays and Mets pitching finished 3rd and 5th in the majors in strike outs. Rays allowed the 2nd fewest runs. deGrom, Matz, Glasnow, and Morton are pretty damn good pitchers.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I’m not that worried about the K’s. Last year the Rays and Mets pitching finished 3rd and 5th in the majors in strike outs. Rays allowed the 2nd fewest runs. deGrom, Matz, Glasnow, and Morton are pretty damn good pitchers.

This as well, seen alot of great pitching so far.

Thata enough, ne2combe is no starting pitcher. Similar to folty, least thing goes wrong, the wheels fall off. And this on the heels or the brwves blowing a 2 on nobody out situation directly prior. That **** seems to always come back to haunt immediately.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast