Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,086

    Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor

    World Wide Wes coming per Woj

    He reps the CAA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,627
    It seems like the Knicks are still trying to go the FA route and luring big stars. Like that has worked so well in the past.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    It seems like the Knicks are still trying to go the FA route and luring big stars. Like that has worked so well in the past.
    We may be trying to lure big stars but I feel for the first time in a long time someone / Leon is putting together a compenetent team that is capable of getting those type of players. He's taking the time to put together a staff that is well rounded in cap flexibility (Brock Aller), drafting (Walt Frank Zanin, Alex Kline, TJ Zanin), Connections (William Wesley), Knicks Image (Steve Stoute). That's a lot of good people that have some pretty impressive accomplishments under their belts. I'm at least feeling optimistic that we have the right person in charge for once.
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    It seems like the Knicks are still trying to go the FA route and luring big stars. Like that has worked so well in the past.
    I mean it actually has we just sign players with injury problems aka stat or players past their prime but imo we never really had a hard time unless you believe lethot actually wanted to come here

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,094
    I feel like Rose is doing a hell of a job of bringing in an impressive group of people to try and steer this franchise in the right direction. All the hirings so far have been well-respected people within the game. I’m feeling optimistic for the first time in a long time, and not a false-sense of optimism like people had with Phil.... Phil comes off as arrogant and stubborn, from all accounts all these guys are actually like-able individuals.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,485
    I'm not surprised. World Wide Wes was actually rumoured to have the inside track to the GM position.

    MSG Corp Board chairman, James Dolan brought in Leon Rose because he believed today's franchises need healthy relationship with talent stables/firms in order to lure top free agents.

    The plan to trade for Players Union President Chris Paul also a plan to repair the damage.

    I just hope Rose doesn't try to rush this.

    Build your young nucleus first. The overpaid mercenaries will always be there.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,627
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    We may be trying to lure big stars but I feel for the first time in a long time someone / Leon is putting together a compenetent team that is capable of getting those type of players. He's taking the time to put together a staff that is well rounded in cap flexibility (Brock Aller), drafting (Walt Frank Zanin, Alex Kline, TJ Zanin), Connections (William Wesley), Knicks Image (Steve Stoute). That's a lot of good people that have some pretty impressive accomplishments under their belts. I'm at least feeling optimistic that we have the right person in charge for once.
    Yeah I like the move because it adds credibility.

    But I just hope we aren't going to get caught up in the fools gold of years past.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    ROLL TIDE, Alabama
    Posts
    972
    We have more name recognition in our front office, than on the court. Being a Knicks fan is an abusive relationship SMH.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,268
    anything to lower Perry on the totem pole.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,485
    The writing was on the wall, the moment Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, & Chris Bosh did the trick & pony show just to put egg on the faces of all the aspiring franchises including the Knicks.

    Then Kevin Durant & Kyrie Irving did it to the Knicks.

    There's a pattern.

    That is why this "Dream team" Front Office was put together.

    I'm just curious to see how it will all go down.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,555
    Giannis and Lamelo TO the Knicks confirmed Get the parade started wooooooooo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,209
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    We have more name recognition in our front office, than on the court. Being a Knicks fan is an abusive relationship SMH.
    Same movie different cast directed by James Dolan produced by Knicks fans dumb money.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,313

    Knicks are hiring CAA’s William Wesley as Executive Vice President/Senior Advisor

    https://youtu.be/af8kGiG6QII

    Marbury’s take on the hiring

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,282
    Marbury's ranting about him on his IG, calling him "World Wide Sucka".

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,493
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    Marbury's ranting about him on his IG, calling him "World Wide Sucka".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •