Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Does this change anything?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Iím excited - any change is good

0 0%
  • Nah... not really

3 60.00%
  • We still suck

1 20.00%
  • Sheís hotter than Martha

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Martha Ford steps down

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/ma...succeed-mother

Martha Firestone Ford to step down as principal owner of Detroit Lions

Sheila Ford Hamp to succeed mother as teamís principal owner and chairman

Allen Park, Mich. - The Detroit Lions announced today that Martha Firestone Ford, who has led the Lions since 2014, has decided to step aside from her principal leadership role with the team.
    Under the team's established plan, Mrs. Ford's daughter, Sheila Ford Hamp, has succeeded her mother as the team's principal owner and chairman. Mrs. Hamp has been active in team leadership and National Football League activities for several years in preparation for officially assuming team leadership.
    MARTHA FIRESTONE FORD
    "It has been a great honor for our family to be associated with the Lions and with the National Football League. I am gratified that this family tradition, which my husband and I began almost six decades ago, will continue under Sheila's guiding hand. It is clear to me that Sheila will provide superb leadership and is fully committed to competitive excellence and community involvement."
    SHEILA FORD HAMP
    "My mother has inspired all of us since taking on leadership of the Lions over six years ago. She has been a tireless leader to our family, our team and our community. Her smart decisions have given me a solid foundation to take the team forward. On behalf of the family and the team, I want to thank her for her countless contributions. I look forward to leading the Lions to excellence on and off the field."
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

It was only a matter of time given that Sheila had been reported to be around the team more.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    It was only a matter of time given that Sheila had been reported to be around the team more.
    yep...Given Martha's age it was only a matter of time. Although I don't know if this is going to matter or not. Time will only tell.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    yep...Given Martha's age it was only a matter of time. Although I don't know if this is going to matter or not. Time will only tell.
    /sigh it probably won't.

I wished my parents owned a billion dollar company so I could just roll into a top level position. I know she's been 'working behind the scenes' for a few years now but this in all honesty changes nothing.

Changes nothing.

"My mother has inspired all of us since taking on leadership of the Lions over six years ago. She has been a tireless leader to our family, our team and our community. Her smart decisions have given me a solid foundation to take the team forward. On behalf of the family and the team, I want to thank her for her countless contributions. I look forward to leading the Lions to excellence on and off the field."
    I literally laughed out loud reading most of this. Bold are what I find most funny/sad.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I literally laughed out loud reading most of this. Bold are what I find most funny/sad.
    I did the same thing. I feel like we are in the movie Groundhog Day with this organization.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

so nothing changed.

**** that

I assume this means she is also going to follow on the "be a playoff contender" next year memo that her mother laid out last year?

I'd hit

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I assume this means she is also going to follow on the "be a playoff contender" next year memo that her mother laid out last year?
    she was part of that meeting...and pretty much the driving force behind it according to some.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    she was part of that meeting...and pretty much the driving force behind it according to some.
    Yea, seems like she was on the side of giving them a longer tenure to fix things. I would go as far as to say that this even increases the likely hood of them coming back, even if they don't make the playoffs.

yaaaaay, mediocrity

"While Ford Hamp played a part in the firing of Tom Lewand and Martin Mayhew in 2015, she also was key in retaining general manager Bob Quinn and head coach Matt Patricia last season."

lololol sweet...

they're already setting us up for keeping the staff regardless of what happens this year. Sheila is "Not ready to discuss wins and losses" in the upcoming year. We're going to suck, nothing will be done about it, and they'll all act surprised that the fans are upset.
    https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/06/...-the-same.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast