Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Undertaker teasing retirement

https://wrestlingheadlines.com/the-u...to-accomplish/

I linked to the old Lords of Pain site but everyone is covering this right now. On the last episode of his WWE network documentary, Undertaker seemed to make comments that hinted at his retirement. I am a bit surprised he wouldn't have an official last match. I personally liked Mark Henry's idea of having his opponents all come out to send him off when he comes back from the ring after his last match. Although I think how Taker went out might be best for his character.

Good for him well deserved.

Vince to Gronk

I want to believe that's Undertakers last match but I feel like he's just hanging low until the coronavirus is gone. I dont think that match against AJ was his send off. If it was, its been a hell of a career. Hard to match what Undertaker has accomplished and how long he did it for.

I think he will wrestle at Survivor Series, because that will be his 30th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I think he will wrestle at Survivor Series, because that will be his 30th anniversary.
    So it's a Terry Funk retirement then?

TIL that one of undertaker's brothers died around WM and he got a called from his niece.
    Screw sabermetics.

The Last Ride series was fantastic. To see him in such a human light, especially as my favorite wrestler of all time, made for a fascinating watch. The rise, the insecurities, the troubling times, and the journey to the match with AJ and seemingly finally getting the closure he deserves was an emotional ride. Right up there with the Dark Side of the Ring (specifically the Benoit episode) as some of the best and emotionally layered documentaries out right now. Is this the end for him in the ring? I'm not certain given how many times in the 5 part series we see him change his mind but I could actually buy it was over given the sweet end this series had.

they should let him win the rumble... win the title at mania and retire on raw with the title.

its been a great run. you can't ask much more out of a career than Taker has had. I think the only regret is never getting Sting/Taker.

I will admit its going to suck not seeing Taker, I hate seeing these guys get old and retire because that means I am getting older. I can really see this being it for him in the ring outside of maybe a show up for a special event give a couple of chokeslams and maybe a tombstone.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    they should let him win the rumble... win the title at mania and retire on raw with the title.
    He would never agree to that. He is old school and would want to do a job on the way out, not win the belt and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    He would never agree to that. He is old school and would want to do a job on the way out, not win the belt and walk away.
    I like the idea of him going out at Survivor Series like you mentioned but some guys just never know when to end it. I get the impression when the Undertaker wants to go out it will be in front of a live audience. Who knows what kind of live audiences we will see the rest of this year? I know WWE wants to bring back live crowds but its going to be difficult justifying that until covid cases go way down.

The money is too good and its easy for the Deadman to make the walk once or twice a year. Everyone comes out of retirement it seems, even Shawn Michaels who said he never would after WrestleMania 26.