Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Yeah, I think he's overrated. Still a really good-great player, but not the elite top-end talent he is often depicted as.

I hate to use anecdotal experience but we've played the Jets 3 straight years and he just seemed like a good in-the-box safety. Plays fiercely and with energy but that's all I really saw. 14 tackles (6 assisted) and nothing else in 3 games.
    Very much agreed on this assessment though. He's a top end in box safety, solid tackler, but doesn't play the ball well in air. For as much as he's targeted directly (in coverage, not playing zone) he has a relatively high comp%, low INT rate, low pass defended rate. So if you are a team that plays the more single high with a box safety and ask your SS to basically be another LB he's worth it. If you ask him to play more off ball zone or expect him to take TE's in coverage you aren't going to be getting what you should out of him.

I have to say, his attitude in this situation really surprises me. I fell in love with him as a prospect and I remember all the talk of him being such a great leader and thinking he'd be a great Thomas Davis replacement for our defense, but crying for a trade after year 3 is not what I expected.

Heís a slightly better Landon Collins

So apparently the Jets want/need RT Laíel Collins in exchange for Jamal Adams. I highly doubt the Cowboys do that. They do not have a need for Adams the way the Jets have a need for Collins. So if Iím the Cowboys I do not do a player for player swap. For me the bidding would have to start at Jamal Adams and a 1st for Collins.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020...al-adams-trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my understanding is that the Cowboys started the rift, they are expected to pay more for the services of Jamal. But I seriously doubt that Jamal gets traded, first off, it sets a horrible precedent. 2nd the Jets want him, they just don't want to give him an extension this year. OTC is saying that the Cap will be reduced somewhere between 20-45 million in Cap space. The Jets don't want to leverage their Cap future for someone who is already under contract.

Lets just call it $210 and pretend that that goes for all teams. If you eliminate 70% of that figure about $78M of the losses would be attributed to the owners and $69M would be attributed to the players. Currently there is about an 80-20 split between salary cap and benefits for the player distribution which would mean we would be look at a decrease of around $55 million in cap space, assuming that the benefits are not sunk at a certain number, in which case the cap loss would be more. If you lost all local revenues you would probably be looking at an $80 million loss in cap space while a 40% loss would result in a $31 million drop in cap room.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    From my understanding is that the Cowboys started the rift, they are expected to pay more for the services of Jamal. But I seriously doubt that Jamal gets traded, first off, it sets a horrible precedent. 2nd the Jets want him, they just don't want to give him an extension this year. OTC is saying that the Cap will be reduced somewhere between 20-45 million in Cap space. The Jets don't want to leverage their Cap future for someone who is already under contract.
    The cap is only supposed to drop next year. After that there will two huge increases in the cap in 2022 and 2023 due to the new tv deal. The Jets donít HAVE to pay him but then he doesnít HAVE to play either.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I have to say, his attitude in this situation really surprises me. I fell in love with him as a prospect and I remember all the talk of him being such a great leader and thinking he'd be a great Thomas Davis replacement for our defense, but crying for a trade after year 3 is not what I expected.
    It's the Jets coached by Adam Gase; I'm surprised not more players want out.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Heís a slightly better Landon Collins
    Significantly better. More versatile, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    The cap is only supposed to drop next year. After that there will two huge increases in the cap in 2022 and 2023 due to the new tv deal. The Jets donít HAVE to pay him but then he doesnít HAVE to play either.

If the cap does drop teams up against the cap are going to be in a heap of trouble.

If Adams chooses not to play by holding out, he is subject to a 40k fine per day, plus loses a year of service. Adams has no leverage.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's the Jets coached by Adam Gase; I'm surprised not more players want out.

Significantly better. More versatile, too.
    And yet Frank Gore wanted to play for him again.

If the cap does drop teams up against the cap are going to be in a heap of trouble.

If Adams chooses not to play by holding out, he is subject to a 40k fine per day, plus loses a year of service. Adams has no leverage.
    The only leverage he has is if heís ok taking on those fines. If he is, he doesnít have to play. Other than that you are correct, he has no leverage.

And yet Frank Gore wanted to play for him again.
    Is he the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Is he the only one?
    They say one is the loneliest number.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12