Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jamal Adams requests trade

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So a few extra things to unpack other than what's pointed out in the tweets:
    Adams has been on the "extend me" train all offseason...is no one around him smart enough to remind him he cannot be extended until after this upcoming season? On top of that this idea of he wants to be extended now to stay at the Jets, but not anything with a new team? It massively impacts his ability to be traded.
    Jamal Adams has played 3 seasons. He is eligible for for an extension currently.

Im sure Adams would like a deal with any team he goes to. He is just willing to play on his current deal with a select few other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Jamal Adams has played 3 seasons. He is eligible for for an extension currently.

Im sure Adams would like a deal with any team he goes to. He is just willing to play on his current deal with a select few other teams.
    Has he really? Thought it's only been 2. Damn I missed that.

He's a year ahead of any normal extension tho, isn't he?

And this is what it's getting to in the NFL....solid players are expecting elite pay whether or not they've earned the right to ask for it (Dak) while talking like they're team oriented players.....on the flip side, these guys often only get one shot at a big contract, so hard to blame them. The problem is, this is also how good, not elite players lose their jobs as it becomes easier for teams paying out big contracts to fill slots with rookies and vet minimum contracts than pay some vets what they're worth.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Has he really? Thought it's only been 2. Damn I missed that.
    I wasnt sure either so I had to pull up his wiki to double check.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

And this is what it's getting to in the NFL....solid players are expecting elite pay whether or not they've earned the right to ask for it (Dak) while talking like they're team oriented players.....on the flip side, these guys often only get one shot at a big contract, so hard to blame them. The problem is, this is also how good, not elite players lose their jobs as it becomes easier for teams paying out big contracts to fill slots with rookies and vet minimum contracts than pay some vets what they're worth.
    More often than not teams tend to exercise the 5th year option then negotiate with the player. All in all this situation is strange. I think Adams is one of the more overrated players in the NFL and this whole crusade he's on is strange as it started last year.

Texans could offer JJ and 3 first rounders, BOB would be all about that
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

People seem to like to take the players side in labor disputes vs. the owners but then get mad when a player holds out. He's worth more than his rookie deal and I don't blame him for wanting a new one. I think it's stupid that we expect good first round players to play roughly half their careers under entry level contracts. The NFLPA never has the young guys in mind because they're represented by a bunch of veterans.

Having said Adams is crazy listing some of these teams if he wants a big contract. Jets should just pay him. I'm tired of hearing about rumors to the Cowboys when they haven't even re-upped Dak.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Maybe I haven't watched enough Jets games, but Adams really hasn't lived up to his hype. He was one of my favorite prospects in 2017 and I thought he be the next great safety, but so far he just been good.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Maybe I haven't watched enough Jets games, but Adams really hasn't lived up to his hype. He was one of my favorite prospects in 2017 and I thought he be the next great safety, but so far he just been good.
    Yeah, I think he's overrated. Still a really good-great player, but not the elite top-end talent he is often depicted as.

I hate to use anecdotal experience but we've played the Jets 3 straight years and he just seemed like a good in-the-box safety. Plays fiercely and with energy but that's all I really saw. 14 tackles (6 assisted) and nothing else in 3 games.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Didn’t Zeke, Wentz, and Goff all get extensions after their 3rd season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    People seem to like to take the players side in labor disputes vs. the owners but then get mad when a player holds out. He's worth more than his rookie deal and I don't blame him for wanting a new one. I think it's stupid that we expect good first round players to play roughly half their careers under entry level contracts. The NFLPA never has the young guys in mind because they're represented by a bunch of veterans.

Having said Adams is crazy listing some of these teams if he wants a big contract. Jets should just pay him. I'm tired of hearing about rumors to the Cowboys when they haven't even re-upped Dak.
    Personally I’d prefer the Cowboys do not trade for him. I would not want them giving up a 1st for him. He’s an old school box safety, basically an undersized LB. In a passing league there’s a higher need for safeties that are more dynamic in pass defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Didn’t Zeke, Wentz, and Goff all get extensions after their 3rd season?

Yeah, but you don't pay a non-elite, non-QB after year 3. Elite RBs in particular get paid after year 3, but you don't pay an above average SS while you still have 2 years of his rookie deal.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Yeah, but you don't pay a non-elite, non-QB after year 3. Elite RBs in particular get paid after year 3, but you don't pay an above average SS while you still have 2 years of his rookie deal.
    I get that and totally agree, I wouldn’t pay him what he’s asking for. Box safeties are not suited for today’s game. I was just responding to SiteWolf’s question if Adam’s is a year ahead of any normal extension.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast