Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 271
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,706
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    They won 2 out of those 6 games in 89 with Bird playing.
    Bird was not the same player at that point. With his back injury he went from a 3 inch vertical to a 1 inch vertical.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,842
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Bird was not the same player at that point. With his back injury he went from a 3 inch vertical to a 1 inch vertical.
    Obviously, I was just pointing it out because the post made it seem like Bird's limited game time was the reason they made playoffs in that mediocre season.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,706
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Obviously, I was just pointing it out because the post made it seem like Bird's limited game time was the reason they made playoffs in that mediocre season.
    Understood. Gotcha. Not being sarcastic LOL.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,142
    Bird was a great player that is not a question. But you cannot degrade a player in context to prop the next. Ex Lebron canít be better because of modern science and he left his team to play with friend so he canít be better. You can say I respect how bird won to that of Lebron but that does nothing to prove who was better.

    You may not like or respect how Durant chooses to win but it donít change heís a talented player. Curry and klay formed a great team base on fit it donít mean any of them is the best player in the league.

    Nash winning mvp donít mean he was better than Kobe.

    Dirk winning a title over Heat Donít prove he was the best player in the league.

    Chauncey prince winning over Kobe Shaq Donít prove they were the best players in the league.

    They can All claim my team was better than yours. Team accomplishments.

    Lakers and Boston can brag about the list of talented players and teams they constructed over the years and the number of titles they won.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-26-2020 at 04:59 PM.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    truth is medicine and strength training always been around.
    Kobe, Howard, Nash, Pau, Artest struggled just to get to the playoffs. Thatís 5 guys that took teams to the playoffs for years.
    I really don't see how that analogy works here.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    I really don't see how that analogy works here.
    You're not used to his posts yet. Stay tuned.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    You're not used to his posts yet. Stay tuned.
    It was pretty crazy man lol. He just doubled down on his already flawed logic instead of just saying that ya, my bad McHale, Perrish, and Johnson are not the franchise leading studs I made them out to be in my desperate attempt to inflate Birds teammates so that I may justify my favorite player LeBron James being ranked ahead of him.

    I don't even want to waste my time picking apart such horrible logic and reasoning. Or should I say fanboy logic and reasoning. It's like wow. Who on earth would ever claim that McHale, Parish, or Johnson could lead teams to the playoffs as number one options. They were second and third banana type players who flourished in a great system under the excellent leadership and skill set of one Larry Bird.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    They won 2 out of those 6 games in 89 with Bird playing.
    Ya, he was experiencing bone spurs in both of his achilles tendons. He had been playing with them for years, but the pain and infringement on his game just became too unbearable.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    It was pretty crazy man lol. He just doubled down on his already flawed logic instead of just saying that ya, my bad McHale, Perrish, and Johnson are not the franchise leading studs I made them out to be in my desperate attempt to inflate Birds teammates so that I may justify my favorite player LeBron James being ranked ahead of him.

    I don't even want to waste my time picking apart such horrible logic and reasoning. Or should I say fanboy logic and reasoning. It's like wow. Who on earth would ever claim that McHale, Parish, or Johnson could lead teams to the playoffs as number one options. They were second and third banana type players who flourished in a great system under the excellent leadership and skill set of one Larry Bird.
    LOL he has been on the Lakers forum for years. I love the guy but I have no idea with what he is trying to say sometimes.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    LOL he has been on the Lakers forum for years. I love the guy but I have no idea with what he is trying to say sometimes.
    Ya man, it's a real head scratcher. I've seen some people say some dumb thing trying to prop up LeBron before so I'm used to it lol. Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish, and Dennis Johnson as franchise leading players who can carry teams to the playoffs as the number one option is a new one though lol. Totally a LeBron fan. Who else would say somethng so ridiculous.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    I really don't see how that analogy works here.
    I am not the one who brought it up. So exactly my point.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,142
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    You're not used to his posts yet. Stay tuned.
    Yes stay tune. How is Lebronzo working out? I was nuts then too right? Yes when you dont think like the masses it can sound a bit off and you have to wait for things to unfold.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-27-2020 at 12:45 AM.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    Ya man, it's a real head scratcher. I've seen some people say some dumb thing trying to prop up LeBron before so I'm used to it lol. Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish, and Dennis Johnson as franchise leading players who can carry teams to the playoffs as the number one option is a new one though lol. Totally a LeBron fan. Who else would say somethng so ridiculous.
    Why is that so hard to believe? Did you see Toronto sitting where they sit with no Kawhi? Who is the superstar and future HOF? Who is on Grizzlies? You do realize you said playoffs and not championship right. You do realize each team get a number of shots each game right? You dont get to keep the ball after each made shot so as big move would put it Someone will get inflated stats.

    What you dont know is Kevin Machale took a back seat to Bird yet he still avg 17ppg on in almost 60% shooting and was great in the post.

    Parrish another very good post and defensive player in the era of big men.

    Boston was an overall great team it was not a one man show your trying to make it seem. come on man

    Parish and McHale combined for 16 All-Star appearances and helped hang three banners from the Garden

    "The regular season was full of success for the Celtics. Bird, who averaged 25.8 PPG, and Kevin McHale, who averaged 21.3 PPG, continued to embarrass defenders with their vast array of offensive moves.

    Dennis Johnson and Danny Ainge brought intensity to the teamís backcourt, while Robert Parish acted as a defensive machine." one of the greatest teams in nba history. Overall, the Celtics had five Hall of Famers on the 1985-86 roster. 67-15 one man dont do that. You all keep going on and on like its an individual sport.

    2nd 3rd Bannana who florrished under a great system. March 3, 1985. The day Boston Celtics forward Kevin McHale had the game of his life versus the Detroit Pistons.

    He scored 56 points against the Pistons to set a new franchise record, previously held by Larry Bird, for points in a single regular season game. Not only did he put up a massive number in the points category, he also finished the game with 16 rebounds, four assists and three blocks in Boston's 138-129 victory over Detroit.


    Get it straight I am a Kobe fan not a Lebron fan boy . However i am not the bias fan.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-27-2020 at 01:09 AM.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Why is that so hard to believe? Did you see Toronto sitting where they sit with no Kawhi? Who is the superstar and future HOF? Who is on Grizzlies? You do realize you said playoffs and not championship right. You do realize each team get a number of shots each game right? You dont get to keep the ball after each made shot so as big move would put it Someone will get inflated stats.

    What you dont know is Kevin Machale took a back seat to Bird yet he still avg 17ppg on in almost 60% shooting and was great in the post.

    Parrish another very good post and defensive player in the era of big men.

    Boston was an overall great team it was not a one man show your trying to make it seem. come on man

    Parish and McHale combined for 16 All-Star appearances and helped hang three banners from the Garden

    "The regular season was full of success for the Celtics. Bird, who averaged 25.8 PPG, and Kevin McHale, who averaged 21.3 PPG, continued to embarrass defenders with their vast array of offensive moves.

    Dennis Johnson and Danny Ainge brought intensity to the teamís backcourt, while Robert Parish acted as a defensive machine." one of the greatest teams in nba history. Overall, the Celtics had five Hall of Famers on the 1985-86 roster. 67-15 one man dont do that. You all keep going on and on like its an individual sport.

    2nd 3rd Bannana who florrished under a great system. March 3, 1985. The day Boston Celtics forward Kevin McHale had the game of his life versus the Detroit Pistons.

    He scored 56 points against the Pistons to set a new franchise record, previously held by Larry Bird, for points in a single regular season game. Not only did he put up a massive number in the points category, he also finished the game with 16 rebounds, four assists and three blocks in Boston's 138-129 victory over Detroit.


    Get it straight I am a Kobe fan not a Lebron fan boy . However i am not the bias fan.
    All that word salad and not even a single thing even came close to refuting my original argument. Your entire argument consists of fluffed up hyperbole and a pathetic strawman attempt at that. You have refuted nothing. The only tangible data we have is the 89 season where all three players in question played, were in their primes still, and all barely missed any games. They won three championships together throughout the 80's with Bird, yet without him, they barley make the playoffs. You claim that just one of those guys is a superstar who could lead a franchise to the playoffs, yet all three together struggles to win 42 games lol.

    The truth and factual data is starring you in the face and you just won't admit you're wrong. Bird made his teammates better than anyone else in NBA history. When he came to the Celtics his rookie year, they won 23 games the year previous. With him, they won 61 games and won the title the next year with a baby Kevin McHale averaging barely 10 ppg lol. Dennis Johnson wasn't even on the team at that point and he still managed to rack off a title his second year in the league. His impact is legendary and in is peak it was above LeBron's and Kobe's. I literally gave you proof and you are still in denial. Hey ldawg, the sky is blue. Go look outside. Come on man. **** outta here with that ****.

    Btw, I'm met plenty of undercover LeBron dudes pretending to be either Kobe or Jordan fans on the internet over the years who pretend to be impartial observers and bias towards LeBron's rivals, then miraculously always seem to lean to the LeBron side in debates. Not saying you are, just that it's not such an unusual thing lol. It's sadly a commonly used tactic by some of his more fanatical followers.
    Last edited by Romeo Naes; 06-27-2020 at 07:29 AM.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,142

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    All that word salad and not even a single thing even came close to refuting my original argument. Your entire argument consists of fluffed up hyperbole and a pathetic strawman attempt at that. You have refuted nothing. The only tangible data we have is the 89 season where all three players in question played, were in their primes still, and all barely missed any games. They won three championships together throughout the 80's with Bird, yet without him, they barley make the playoffs. You claim that just one of those guys is a superstar who could lead a franchise to the playoffs, yet all three together struggles to win 42 games lol.

    The truth and factual data is starring you in the face and you just won't admit you're wrong. Bird made his teammates better than anyone else in NBA history. When he came to the Celtics his rookie year, they won 23 games the year previous. With him, they won 61 games and won the title the next year with a baby Kevin McHale averaging barely 10 ppg lol. Dennis Johnson wasn't even on the team at that point and he still managed to rack off a title his second year in the league. His impact is legendary and in is peak it was above LeBron's and Kobe's. I literally gave you proof and you are still in denial. Hey ldawg, the sky is blue. Go look outside. Come on man. **** outta here with that ****.

    Btw, I'm met plenty of undercover LeBron dudes pretending to be either Kobe or Jordan fans on the internet over the years who pretend to be impartial observers and bias towards LeBron's rivals, then miraculously always seem to lean to the LeBron side in debates. Not saying you are, just that it's not such an unusual thing lol. It's sadly a commonly used tactic by some of him more fanatical followers.

    Dennis Johnson, along with Gus Williams and Jack Sikma, led the Seattle Supersonics to the 1979 NBA Championship. In the Finals he averaged 22.6 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 6.0 assists and was named the Finals MVP.

    come on man Why dont you admit you were wrong and is an undercover Larry Bird fan boy
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-27-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •