Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 271
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,155
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I agree. He needs to look at a bunch of stats in order to form an opinion, right?
    The only way you get people going against those numbers is people who dont believe in them and form opinions of their own and get lost in context leading them away from facts. Even if they look accross the board Larry still shot better than Lebron anything besides a dunk.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,848
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    The only way you get people going against those numbers is people who dont believe in them and form opinions of their own and get lost in context leading them away from facts. Even if they look accross the board Larry still shot better than Lebron anything besides a dunk.
    Yet the "number guys" would have you believe that Lebron is 'more efficient', ignoring that detail as well as the most important one. That it's super easy to attack the lane in LeBron's era as opposed to having to bleed to get there in the 80s.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,927
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    The only way you get people going against those numbers is people who dont believe in them and form opinions of their own and get lost in context leading them away from facts. Even if they look accross the board Larry still shot better than Lebron anything besides a dunk.
    So youíre saying heís not a better dunker? Isnít a dunk a shot?

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,155
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So youíre saying heís not a better dunker? Isnít a dunk a shot?
    You donít shoot a dunk. Lol 😂

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,927
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    You donít shoot a dunk. Lol 😂
    Really? Then how come it gets incorporated into FG% just like jump shots do?

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,155
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Really? Then how come it gets incorporated into FG% just like jump shots do?
    3 point Fg percentage, 2 point fg percentage. Why is fT percentage not included to? Dunk a type of basket/shot that does not require shooting which also gives you 2 points. I get It letís go into context into thinking Shaq was a great shooter. While similar do not mix up shooting and scoring.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-25-2020 at 03:08 PM.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,155
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Yet the "number guys" would have you believe that Lebron is 'more efficient', ignoring that detail as well as the most important one. That it's super easy to attack the lane in LeBron's era as opposed to having to bleed to get there in the 80s.
    Being more efficient have to do with your understanding of the game and your ability. Think about it. No one accused Kobe of being a bad shooter but a bad shot taker which affects his shooting percentage. But the truth is who care as long as you win. The point of the game is the team with the most points win and It donít really matters who takes them. It just upsets your teammates. While Lebron have a higher fg% than Kobe going to the line you wonít have the same confidence you would of had with a Mj or Kobe.

    Itís not as physical today but the games still tend to be more physical in playoffs. If you look at yesterdayís game it was a big mans game. Looking at past games it became rough in the 80s 90s but not every team was physical. It just became like a street game where you just might get in a fight. Like today it was a technical foul not play as usual. Today the punishment is more harsh so they play for the ball but cheap shots still exist. The whole stoping of the game and challenging calls is new.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-25-2020 at 03:31 PM.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,392
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Ok if its an opinion go in and look at Larry bird shooting percentage at the free throw line over his career and look at Lebron percentage and tell me its an opinion. Everyone not some will come to a conclusion Bird is better. These are controled shots. Go pull Lebron Physical numbers and Pull Larry physical numbers and tell me its an opinion. Everyone knows Larry was not a top tier athletic player the whole reason why one think larry would work well in todays game have much to do with his shooting and passing..

    This is not 1934 using the eye test. The guessing dont apply here.
    Alright, it's still opinion after looking. Those stats you told me to look at are not just opinion but the conclusion you make is (it is also seemingly a reasonable opinion based on said measures). Again just because everyone has the same opinion doesn't mean it isn't going to be opinion and I bet someone out there hates Bird or loves Lebron enough to argue it on reddit or twitter somewhere once in time.

    It doesn't matter what year it is, an opinion is an opinion.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,155
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Alright, it's still opinion after looking. Those stats you told me to look at are not just opinion but the conclusion you make is (it is also seemingly a reasonable opinion based on said measures). Again just because everyone has the same opinion doesn't mean it isn't going to be opinion and I bet someone out there hates Bird or loves Lebron enough to argue it on reddit or twitter somewhere once in time.

    It doesn't matter what year it is, an opinion is an opinion.
    Ok itís an opinion. In that case Lebron is a better shooter than bird ever was. Heís even better than ray Allen. Already point out people will ignore facts and form opinions. Doing that does not change itís a fact.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-25-2020 at 03:36 PM.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,392
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Ok itís an opinion. In that case Lebron is a better shooter than bird ever was. Heís even better than ray Allen. Already point out people will ignore facts and form opinions. Doing that does not change itís a fact.
    Of course some people will ignore facts and form their opinions regardless but that doesn't mean you should too.

    Lol you said ok it's an opinion then ended by saying it won't change that it's a fact... You had it right at the start.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,155
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Of course some people will ignore facts and form their opinions regardless but that doesn't mean you should too.

    Lol you said ok it's an opinion then ended by saying it won't change that it's a fact... You had it right at the start.
    Donít you get it. Itís not an opinion I canít help the person who sees green and call it red.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-25-2020 at 04:23 PM.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,841
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Its funny how KD did what LeBron was supposed to with the Heat but now KD is a ***** and we pretend LeBron didnít do the same thing bc he wasnít at a stage in his career where he could get in done every year like KD.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dude, this has been talked about to death. Please, what they did was only similar in that they left for better situations. You are ignoring context, and what each joined, and furthermore, what we knew in hindsight about their help.

    They didn't do the same thing. One formed a team he had to lead and yet again be the best player on the planet to win. THe other joined a team that didn't even need him to win, as they proved prior to his arrival. Why don't you get that?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    How a team was formed was not my only issue. In fact, the crux of my post was centered more around longevity I would say. I also don't really care how it was formed, just adding the appropriate handicap. How many of Birds counter parts could be legit number one options on their own teams? Could it be that Bird's teams performed better overall because of the fact that Bird's leadership and ability to dominate more in the framework of a true team oriented system were superior to LeBron's?
    Now you are posting hypotheticals. We will never know the answers to your questions. We do know LeBron did it just as well, if not better, for longer, with less help. Those are facts...

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,155
    The art of argument is context. Now depending on how you contextualize a fact, you can be supporting different fundamental claims or ideas. I am certainly assuming that you're arguing the facts in hopes of breaking down a larger claim, as sole facts really mean nothing substantial. If you're arguing the fact itself,
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-25-2020 at 04:55 PM.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    dude, this has been talked about to death. Please, what they did was only similar in that they left for better situations. You are ignoring context, and what each joined, and furthermore, what we knew in hindsight about their help.

    They didn't do the same thing. One formed a team he had to lead and yet again be the best player on the planet to win. THe other joined a team that didn't even need him to win, as they proved prior to his arrival. Why don't you get that?
    They both stacked the deck. One did what he was supposed to. The other failed


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •