Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    criminally underrated.

Second greatest of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Bird averaged 24/10/7. And did it in a much rougher era. In his prime Birdís all around game was right there with Labron, Durant, and Kawhi. In todayís game heíd thrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this is true... one could also say that defensively in birds era Lebron and KL would be even better defenders with their size and the rules back then which is actually insane to think about.

If you think Bird is inferior to Lebron, then you're underrating him.
    If you think Bird doesn't have a claim for top 3 player ever, then you're underrating him.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    The game was physical back then but its was not out of this world physical. I think your looking at it wrong. If the players today played in the more Physical Game their mindset woud be different. If Reggie Miller, Cooper, etc made it i am sure Durant would too. Dont Even talk about Lebron, If he was able to hit back if safe to say he would be fine.
    Labron and Kawhi would easily be successful in 80ís era ball. Physically Miller looked frail but he was anything but that. As far as mental toughness itís not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Like KD, Kawhi while all great players they dont have the durabilty. Kevin Love could have been a good player but just not durable. I think Larry would have been the same.
    True, thatís very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    If you think Bird is inferior to Lebron, then you're underrating him.
    If you think Bird doesn't have a claim for top 3 player ever, then you're underrating him.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this is true... one could also say that defensively in birds era Lebron and KL would be even better defenders with their size and the rules back then which is actually insane to think about.
    Yea I think Labron and Kawhi would have done well in the 80ís. Physically they could match up with any SF in the 80ís. If they were allowed to hand check they would easily be lock down defenders.

Top five player All-Time. I got him at number five right behind Magic and a slight edge over LeBron still. His impact on both his team and the league is pretty much unmatched. In his peak, he was Jordan level good. Had he not had to retire early due to a career ending debilitating injury, he might have been in the conversation for top three All-Time.

Just think about this for a sec. In an era, where people barely practiced the three point shot, he averaged 50, 40, 90 almost four years in a row if not for one year where he shot 88.2 I believe from the free throw line. Might I add that his field goal % was significantly above 50 in three of the four years as well. Dude was the model of efficiency and could play off the ball or dominate when need be or make the needed play when need be. He was pretty much the perfect player in his peak. Both tangibly, and intangibly.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    At his peak , at the time. In no way is his peak higher than LBJ.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Bro, you are smokin some good ****.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Honestly I hate how Durant got his rings but if I had to pick between the two I have Durant over Bird. I just think he is the better all around player.

SF all time:
    Lebron
    Durant - Leonard
    Bird
    To the question posed by this thread. Yes, apparently Larry Bird is criminally underrated. I don't know how people can spew such garbage. Take some time to learn the game. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Nah, sorry. Bird had balls as big as hell. He didn't run and hide when things got tough. He was also simply more impact important to winning. In fact, I think there is a STEEP drop between Bird, and the #3 argument for all time SF.
    While I have Larry a slight bit ahead of LeBron, I do agree that they are close and that the gap between number two and three is ginormous.

From a skill stand point being able to use both hands and being a better shooter the edge goes to Bird. After that its all Lebron. If these two players played in the same era Lebron would eclips Bird. No different than MJ would eclips Kobe.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-17-2020 at 06:57 AM.

Nah, sorry. Bird had balls as big as hell. He didn't run and hide when things got tough. He was also simply more impact important to winning. In fact, I think there is a STEEP drop between Bird, and the #3 argument for all time SF.
    You know Im not a fan of Durants decisions but I seperated that from his talent and ability. Durant is an increble talent regardless of him joining the Warriors which is our only beef with him.

much slower today than it was back in Bird's day (they were at about 4-5 possessions more per game, and had no load management), and yep, no problem on pace for him. No, only LeBron is better all around. Bird was an incredible shooter, and arguably the most underrated passer in the frontcourt history. He was also an excellent rebounder, team defender, and leader. He was tough as nails mentally, and would have zero issue in today's social media driven world where KD needs to invent fake twitter accounts to defend himself cause he is such a woman. Leonard misses too much time, and arrived too late to even be involved in this conversation dude.

Bird...Ö...was a BEAST. He would dominate every era. In fact, I would probably put him over LeBron had his career not been so short, relatively speaking compared to many other all timers. He gets like 0 points for longevity haha.
    I expect better from you Hawkeye. You break down Birds game and attributes on the court and in comparison you talk about Durants off court actions?? How is that not bias? Are we talking about talent and ability or are we talking about likability? Because I dont like Durant personally either.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-17-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    While I have Larry a slight bit ahead of LeBron, I do agree that they are close and that the gap between number two and three is ginormous.
    Not sure how Bird has a case ahead of LeBron as of 2016. Stats, rings, dominance, awards, longevity, all point to LeBron. And he has been pulling away ever since.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast